Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

In-Season 2018-2019

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

Talking about the Islanders helping us out tonight - i'm not sure they did.  We're already ahead of Columbus and not looking back.  We want second in the division...

The only difference between 2nd and 3rd in division is home ice advantage since they will play each other in the first round

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Saturday is a very special day for me.   It's special because I get to take my little girl to her first Hurricanes game.  The PNC arena is full of fond memories for me.  I grew up going to games there during the 03, 06, and 09 runs and everywhere in between and before then in Greensboro where I attended my first hockey games right behind the bench.

 

I am honored to share this experience with my little one as my dad did with me.

Edited by bluedevil58
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Bonivan said:

The only difference between 2nd and 3rd in division is home ice advantage since they will play each other in the first round

 

 

I'll take home ice, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bluedevil58 said:

This Saturday is a very special day for me.   It's special because I get to take my little girl to her first Hurricanes game.  The PNC arena is full of fond memories for me.  I grew up going to games there during the 03, 06, and 09 runs and everywhere in between and before then in Greensboro where I attended my first hockey games right behind the bench.

 

I am honored to share this experience with my little one as my dad did with me.

A different and softer side of you bd58. Please teach her to just smell the roses, not look only for their thorns.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

over the last 10 games in the Metro

Caps- 9-1-0, 18 points

Carolina- 7-2-1, 15  points

Pens- 6-2-2, 14 points

Philly- 6-3-1 13 points

Isles- 5-4-1, 11 points

Columbus- 5-5-0, 10 points

 

even after this big run over 10 we've only caught up to even with Pitt.  At least we got 5 points over Columbus to be 4 points up now.  Metro just continues to be cut throat.  

Edited by gocanes0506

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look on the bright side gocanes, at least after 9 years we can be excited with 13 more games remaining, instead of talking of how the team will soon be off playing golf, and debating who to choose in the upcoming draft? There's always a bright side, which I keep trying to teach a few of our posting buddies? Even I admit though, that after this 9 year famine, I was thinking of being in the wilderness, and how long THAT famine lasted?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bluedevil58 said:

This Saturday is a very special day for me.   It's special because I get to take my little girl to her first Hurricanes game.  The PNC arena is full of fond memories for me.  I grew up going to games there during the 03, 06, and 09 runs and everywhere in between and before then in Greensboro where I attended my first hockey games right behind the bench.

 

I am honored to share this experience with my little one as my dad did with me.

Even the grinch has a heart😋

 

Seriously, I hope you have better luck than I did when I took my daughter to her first game. She sat covering her ears screaming about it being too loud the entire time. I was ready to never bring her again, but we came across cheap lower level tickets right by where the storm squad cheers later that spring break trip. Between Westgarth flipping her a warmup puck, state trooper giving her a game puck, and all the attention stormy and the girls gave her she became a big fan luckily for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KJUNKANE said:

Look on the bright side gocanes, at least after 9 years we can be excited with 13 more games remaining, instead of talking of how the team will soon be off playing golf, and debating who to choose in the upcoming draft? There's always a bright side, which I keep trying to teach a few of our posting buddies? Even I admit though, that after this 9 year famine, I was thinking of being in the wilderness, and how long THAT famine lasted?  

plenty of bright side.

 

As I continue to look at the metro it is just crazy how cut throat the division is this year.  We havent gained a ton of ground in the last 10 despite the 2nd best record but, we are still third. 

 

It is a little unnerving too.  One bout of .500 hockey and we might be fighting for our lives again.  Which is nuts seeing how well we have done for 2+ months.  Then you scroll over to the western conference standings and just shake your head. 

 

So many possibilities over the next 13 games.  Just keep winning.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People looking for more evidence that this team is for real. Just thinking about all of the barns we've been unable to win in, that this team had ended those streaks. When a team loses 10 in a row in one barn it can be argued that the chances of that being random are around 1/1000. Vancouver, MSG, Colorado, and probably a couple I haven't thought of. We always lose there for a reason and this year's team has blown right through that several times. That's just one thing, but there it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's funny how the two teams I pull for can be tied in the standing, and yet I feel so different about each team. The Pens who I've been a fan of since 1981 are just not that good this year. They win and are in a playoff spot despite JR's horrible moves this year. If they make the playoffs I see a first round exit at the hands of TB, the crapitals, or the Islanders. They are just not that good this year.

On the other hand i'm so pumped by this year's Canes team. Same # of points, but a much different feeling about this team. Except for the Skinner move I like everything "the committee" has done with this team. I'm not only excited and expect this team to make the playoff, but I could see them winning a series or two. I don't think anyone would want the Canes in a first round match up!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, remkin said:

People looking for more evidence that this team is for real. Just thinking about all of the barns we've been unable to win in, that this team had ended those streaks. When a team loses 10 in a row in one barn it can be argued that the chances of that being random are around 1/1000. Vancouver, MSG, Colorado, and probably a couple I haven't thought of. We always lose there for a reason and this year's team has blown right through that several times. That's just one thing, but there it is.

We have a 90% playoff chance right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

We have a 90% playoff chance right now.  

 

The only way I see this derailing is a major injury.  That is the only way I see us not hitting the post season and once we do.  I and all others will be relieved.  It will be a thank god the drought is over kind of moment and you better bet most of us will be there at the 1st round cheering this team on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

We have a 90% playoff chance right now.  

 

93.8% to be exact :)

 

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Metropolitan/Carolina_ChanceWillMakePlayoffs.html

I love this chart.  If you didn't enjoy everything from day 103 or so on forward, where were ya peeps?  This doesn't happen very often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hag65 said:

 

93.8% to be exact :)

 

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Metropolitan/Carolina_ChanceWillMakePlayoffs.html

I love this chart.  If you didn't enjoy everything from day 103 or so on forward, where were ya peeps?  This doesn't happen very often.

Espn has a chart that has that moneypuck and another playoff predictor on it. Moneypuck is the only one that has us with a higher percentage then the Pens. BTW all three have the BJ's and the Habs around 50%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

We have a 90% playoff chance right now.  

10% chance of not.  I wont be happy till we are IN.  Then.....................I drink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rocheccw said:

Except for the Skinner move

Well he has gone cold the last 10 games.  5 assists only.  No Goals since 2/15. 

Buffalo is 2 and 8 in that stretch.

We endured his streaky nature.    Had enough of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

A different and softer side of you bd58. Please teach her to just smell the roses, not look only for their thorns.

Have a great time BD!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cc said:

Well he has gone cold the last 10 games.  5 assists only.  No Goals since 2/15. 

Buffalo is 2 and 8 in that stretch.

We endured his streaky nature.    Had enough of that.

Their entire team has had a collapse of late. I’m wondering how badly he’s hurting after that scary fall where he dragged himself off the ice but returned later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calvin de Haan    was injured last night  to his eye ,    Should have been a 5 min major  but ref's  were too busy being   blind themselves .    I suspect  de Haan  missing games is going to hurt the canes on the blue line  some .    So who  fills in the spot ?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Canesfanforever said:

Calvin de Haan    was injured last night  to his eye ,    Should have been a 5 min major  but ref's  were too busy being   blind themselves .    I suspect  de Haan  missing games is going to hurt the canes on the blue line  some .    So who  fills in the spot ?  

If needed, Fleury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

So who  fills in the spot ? 

 

Fleury has the NHL experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...