The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

In-Season 2018-2019

6 hours ago, Canesfanforever said:

Well i will take that  .   Not everything was a loss  this  day . 

Nothing was a loss.  I know we didn't get two points but we're still in the 1st WC so we did not lose our position in the playoff race.  That is a win.  We still also have 2 games in hand vs Pittsburgh and we're done with TB.  They were the 1 team I expected us to lose too on this homestand; although a win would've been sweeter.  No TB rest of the season.  I know we have Washington twice but they're not TB but they are the defending champs.  We've played Washington well over the years.  Lost both games this season though but that was back during our struggles.  We're not struggling now so it could be a different result when we face them next week.

Edited by Sportsfan-1-2

Columbus loss mitigated our loss as what Montreal and CBJ do is just as important as what we do at this point.  Canes at 93.9% for playoffs still, only down 2.5%.

CBJ 3 losses in a row (1 in OT).

4 minutes ago, coffeedawgs said:

Eichel was suspended 2 games for his hit on Soderberg.  That was a terrible hit but the yanni gourde hit on Jordan was cheap and cowardly.  Just wondering if the Canes will get any 'justice' from the nhl?   Thank goodness Jordan is OK. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/sabres-forward-jack-eichel-suspended-two-games/c-305659058?tid=277549076

A match penalty comes with a mandatory 1 gamer so there will be a review from player safety, and unless they find that they disagree with the match penalty there will be at least 1 game.  The important thing is there will be a review, it's mandatory.

29 minutes ago, coffeedawgs said:

Eichel was suspended 2 games for his hit on Soderberg.  That was a terrible hit but the yanni gourde hit on Jordan was cheap and cowardly.  Just wondering if the Canes will get any 'justice' from the nhl?   Thank goodness Jordan is OK. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/sabres-forward-jack-eichel-suspended-two-games/c-305659058?tid=277549076

2 games? TB has 7 mostly meaningless games. So 2 games suspension is just BS.

• Like 1

When I watched J score last night and thinking on his previous goal I thought those are big time NHL goals. That was the J kind of stuff we used to see when he was with the Pens. That was the J we went out and signed. I have always appreciated J's play but if he has gotten back to beast mode, all the better.

• Like 3

• Like 1

One does wonder if the NHL would take into account that these are largely meaningless games. Probably not. Plus since Jordan seems fine, it'll probably be a game or two.

1 hour ago, remkin said:

One does wonder if the NHL would take into account that these are largely meaningless games. Probably not. Plus since Jordan seems fine, it'll probably be a game or two.

Rem, you mean meaningful, right?

11 minutes ago, dinz said:

For TB upcoming games are meaningless. So maybe NHL will sit Gourde for larger amount of games.

31 minutes ago, dinz said:

Yeah I meant what Bonivan was indicating. I really doubt they will though. But they take into account if the injured player comes back into the game, which should be mostly irrelevant if they are trying to clean the game up. So why not take into account that a 2 game suspension for a Tampa player now, is just a couple of days off with no bearing on anything else. OK he does miss a bit of pay, but clearly that wasn't enough of a disincentive to stop him from making the hit.

Just tuned into the NCAA Basketball Tourney, Washington and Utah State are playing at the Columbus Blue Jackets arena.  I am SO disappointed that they are not firing off that cannon with every field goal scored...! 💥💥💥😜😂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Red_Storm said:

Just tuned into the NCAA Basketball Tourney, Washington and Utah State are playing at the Columbus Blue Jackets arena.  I am SO disappointed that they are not firing off that cannon with every field goal scored...! 💥💥💥😜😂

CA90E28F-692C-4A77-AD69-81E85275C391.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, remkin said:

Yeah I meant what Bonivan was indicating. I really doubt they will though. But they take into account if the injured player comes back into the game, which should be mostly irrelevant if they are trying to clean the game up. So why not take into account that a 2 game suspension for a Tampa player now, is just a couple of days off with no bearing on anything else. OK he does miss a bit of pay, but clearly that wasn't enough of a disincentive to stop him from making the hit.

Gotcha.