The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

In-Season 2018-2019

19 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

Love ya man but with all due respect, we're not playing ifs here - the facts are we're going to try to deal with Montreal ourselves today and it's the Flyers going up against the Caps.  So the 'if it were' doesn't apply.

That said if the Canes can't take care of their own mess from here on out, they don't deserve to make it anyway.  Things being where they are now, i will always pull for the team that can catch us over the team that we can catch, particularly when we fully control our own destiny in passing them in 5 days otherwise.

It's all good.  And who we're pulling for in other team's games has got to be more meaningless than almost anything else we post in here, lol.. (because I'm sure the coaches and management scan this forum in order to inform their decisions regarding lineups,rosters, etc.) :P

12 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

It's all good.  And who we're pulling for in other team's games has got to be more meaningless than almost anything else we post in here, lol.. (because I'm sure the coaches and management scan this forum in order to inform their decisions regarding lineups,rosters, etc.) :P

Got that right!  What say we just win this thing tonight and be done with it?  I did buy 2 fresh bottles of whisky yesterday and the first served us well last night, so i'll open the second tonight and you can all thank me in the morning... when i'm coherent again...

Caps beat Philly 3-1...and I believe they swept the season series from Philly too.  Take care of business tonight and I think Philly is toast.  Also, if Vancouver takes care of CBJ CBJ's playoff hopes will appear to be all but gone barring a collapse by either us or Montreal (the way we've been playing since New Years Eve I don't see a collapse happening).  All the games we play from here on out are winnable because there's no Lightning to deal with anymore this season.

I wonder if Columbus is wondering now if they should have made those trades?  They've stunk since the trades.

Columbus basically needs to win every game they have left and that may not be enough.

Edited by Sportsfan-1-2

3 minutes ago, Sportsfan-1-2 said:

Caps beat Philly 3-1

I love it when a plan comes togetherB)

4 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

From a practical perspective Philly can't catch us imo.  If they win out (highly unlikely) they still only finish with 94 points.  If we can't go better than 2-5-1 over our last 8 games we don't deserve to make the playoffs.  Give me Philly over Washington today.

Agreed.  It would be a total collapse for this team.  Now, 5-2-1 sounds more like it.😊

17 minutes ago, Bonivan said:

No help from Arizona today 

Unless someone goes on a mini run in the next 7 games the Metropolitan division likely won't be decided until the last game of the season.  After tonight all our games except 1 (April 2nd) will be vs the Metro division.  Should be an interesting couple weeks.

19 minutes ago, Sportsfan-1-2 said:

Unless someone goes on a mini run in the next 7 games the Metropolitan division likely won't be decided until the last game of the season.  After tonight all our games except 1 (April 2nd) will be vs the Metro division.  Should be an interesting couple weeks.

I think finishing ahead of Isles might give Rod some grounds over Trotz for best head coach of the year.

14 minutes ago, Bonivan said:

I think finishing ahead of Isles might give Rod some grounds over Trotz for best head coach of the year.

I think he should already be in the running.  I mean, think about it.  He's turned the Carolina Hurricanes from a mediocre team the last ten years to a legit, playoff caliber team in ONE season barring a monumental collapse.  Got to give him credit for that.

Tough, Tough week for us.  

@Caps, Caps, Philly B2B @Pens

.500 is the minimum to keep pace.  3 out of 4 games have seeding on the line.  Playoff hockey again this week.  

35 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

3 out of 4 games have seeding on the line

Only if we were in the playoffs. 

26 minutes ago, OBXer said:

Monday Scoreboard Watching  👀

Pens @ Rangers.  .Garden Party. Rags tonight

Not too confident of that one, Rags have really rolled over recently 

18 minutes ago, cc said:

Only if we were in the playoffs. 

going .500 this week would put us at 95 points. Only 2 points needed for the last 3 games to make sure we are in.  

10 points is our magic number. It goes down by 2 points everytime we win or Columbus loses in regulation.  

The BJs have Isles, Mon, @ Preds B2b @ Buff, Bruins, @ NYR B2B @ Ott     - 5 points 

Montreal has FLA, @ BJs,  @ Jets, TB,  @ Was, TOR.  - 3 points

We have @ Caps, Caps, Philly B2B @ Pitt, @ Tor, NJD, @ Phi 

We have 6 points in our 7 games that we should be favored to win (yes you have to win by more than on paper).  If we win the 2 Philly games and the NJ game, we will be in.  Any points gained against the Caps, Pens or Toronto takes the pressure off the should win games.  

With all that said, I believe we are in a position at this point to be worried about fighting for position more than fighting to stay in.  Going Mrazek three times this week and McE against Philly should help us stay in contention.  

20 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

going .500 this week would put us at 95 points. Only 2 points needed for the last 3 games to make sure we are in.  

10 points is our magic number. It goes down by 2 points everytime we win or Columbus loses in regulation.  

The BJs have Isles, Mon, @ Preds B2b @ Buff, Bruins, @ NYR B2B @ Ott     - 5 points 

We have 6 points in our 7 games that we should be favored to win (yes you have to win by more than on paper).  If we win the 2 Philly games and the NJ game, we will be in.  Any points gained against the Caps, Pens or Toronto takes the pressure off the should win games.  

With all that said, I believe we are in a position at this point to be worried about fighting for position more than fighting to stay in.  Going Mrazek three times this week and McE against Philly should help us stay in contention.  

In the home and home vs Washington I'd have Mrazek and McE.  But yes from here on out I'd give Mrazek maybe one or two more starts than McE in the final 7 games.  I'm not the goalie whisperer so I don't know whom he's going to go with in what game.  McE played great vs MTL and Price so whomever we go with I'm good.  Mrazek seems to pump the team up and McE just calmly takes care of his business when it's time.

1 minute ago, Sportsfan-1-2 said:

In the home and home vs Washington I'd have Mrazek and McE.  But yes from here on out I'd give Mrazek maybe one or two more starts than McE in the final 7 games.  I'm not the goalie whisperer so I don't know whom he's going to go with in what game.  McE played great vs MTL and Price so whomever we go with I'm good.  Mrazek seems to pump the team up and McE just calmly takes care of his business when it's time.

I love McE's effort so far but, Mrazek is too hot to only play twice this week.  Since the home and home isnt B2B,  I go Mrazek both times.  We readjust the goalie choice for Thursday if Mrazek looks shaky in the first one or the Capitals have him figured out.  I go Mrazek as he is the better goalie, right now.  

5 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

I love McE's effort so far but, Mrazek is too hot to only play twice this week.  Since the home and home isnt B2B,  I go Mrazek both times.  We readjust the goalie choice for Thursday if Mrazek looks shaky in the first one or the Capitals have him figured out.  I go Mrazek as he is the better goalie, right now.  

I've been thinking.  Since our 27-9-2 run we're currently on has Brindamour EVER pulled his goalie for a bad game this season?  Since the time I've been watching I have not noticed him pull his goalie (with exception of the extra attacker).

42 minutes ago, Sportsfan-1-2 said:

I've been thinking.  Since our 27-9-2 run we're currently on has Brindamour EVER pulled his goalie for a bad game this season?  Since the time I've been watching I have not noticed him pull his goalie (with exception of the extra attacker).

If my memory serves me, the games where the goalie should be pulled was on the front end of a B2B.  We kept him in to prevent tiring out the next day's starter.

40 minutes ago, Sportsfan-1-2 said:

I love McE's effort so far but, Mrazek is too hot to only play twice this week

20 13 0 3 984 88 2.46 .911
19 9 0 2 889 76 2.53 .915

9 minutes ago, cc said:
20 13 0 3 984 88 2.46 .911
19 9 0 2 889 76 2.53 .915

Mrazek's last 11

.944 sv percentage

1.63 GAA

9-2 record

McE has been very solid this year and we wouldnt be here without him.  Mrazek is the hotter goalie right now and we should play the hot hand 3 times this week. 

1 hour ago, gocanes0506 said:

Probably best to play one period at a time, one game at a time.  There is such parity in the NHL that the teams you count on for V's, such as Phila and NJ, may be the teams you let down against.  Not too worried about that with the Canes.  They do not play like a team that takes anything for granted.  All of their games over the past 2 months have seemed like playoff atmosphere.  I am really interested in how physical these 2 games against the Caps are, a team they could very well face in the 1st round.