The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

In-Season 2018-2019

I always get a few dissenters when I say this but the games in Oct/Nov are as important as in Mar/Apr.  I'm sure any of the stats guys here could point out some games where we imploded/burned available points on sure wins that turned to losses or ties that should have been wins.  Winning 'those two or three games' (in the Metro) we should have won but lost in October or November would be the comfortable 4/6 point cushion we need now. Like Smith Barney making money, the Canes will have to make the playoffs the old fashioned way, they'll have to earn it. They control their destiny. Win them all and they're in.

1 hour ago, raleighcaniac said:

I always get a few dissenters when I say this but the games in Oct/Nov are as important as in Mar/Apr.  I'm sure any of the stats guys here could point out some games where we imploded/burned available points on sure wins that turned to losses or ties that should have been wins.  Winning 'those two or three games' (in the Metro) we should have won but lost in October or November would be the comfortable 4/6 point cushion we need now. Like Smith Barney making money, the Canes will have to make the playoffs the old fashioned way, they'll have to earn it. They control their destiny. Win them all and they're in.

I rarely -- maybe never -- see dissent on what you say.  One of the huge topics over the last few years has been the mess created before US Thanksgiving, and then subsequent surge in March that was fruitless.

Edited by wxray1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

I rarely -- maybe never -- see dissent on what you say.

I've never seen dissent on this either.  Perhaps he's talking about another message board.

SCS Non weighted down to 83%, but still above 4/5. It all depends on keeping the winning rolling. If you like the weighted option better, we're at 89%. I like the weighted. 

Scoreboard Watching 👀

Preds @ Pens   Easy pick on so many levels. Lavi's boys need to win tonight

GOOD NEWS!

I just paid my playoff invoice and accidentally pressed "pay in full" instead of "pay as you go."

Therefore, the Canes WILL win the first round and go deep into the second round.  Guaranteed!

• Like 2

After consulting with Grays Sports Almanac I purchased my tkts for the WC clincher against NJD on 4/4. 6 rows from the ice for $78. Great seats for a celebration.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

After consulting with Grays Sports Almanac I purchased my tkts for the WC clincher against NJD on 4/4. 6 rows from the ice for $78. Great seats for a celebration.

Nice BTF2 reference.  How did you steal it from Biff? :)

3 minutes ago, ironman87 said:

Nice BTF2 reference.  How did you steal it from Biff? :)

A trade straight up for two floundering hotels.

:letssee:

It feels like the team spent its "playoff mentality" clawing back into the race, and is basically exhausted at this point.  They may limp home as WC1/2, especially with Montreal needing to deal with a tough schedule, but I don't see more than one series.  That would still be a major improvement.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, raleighcaniac said:

I always say you cannot make the playoffs in October/November (and this year December) but you can certainly keep yourself out of it.

Also, as I said before the season started, I thought we’d be improved but not a playoff team..still hoping I’m wrong about that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caneswincup said:

Also, as I said before the season started, 

;)

9 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

Well Pens lose, so some help?

In a way that was huge. IF the Canes show their resiliency today and beat Philly despite their two game struggle they'll be facing Pitt on Sunday for a chance to take 3rd in the Metro.  With their 2nd set of B2B record being what it is right now I like our chances.  We have to beat Philly today though to have a chance of 3rd in Metro on Sunday.  I'll be at work but checking in every now and then on the game on my phone.  Just win because if we do Philly is eliminated from playoff contention.

Edited by Sportsfan-1-2

19 hours ago, caniac-1-1 said:

It feels like the team spent its "playoff mentality" clawing back into the race, and is basically exhausted at this point.  They may limp home as WC1/2, especially with Montreal needing to deal with a tough schedule, but I don't see more than one series.  That would still be a major improvement.

They didn't look exhausted to me on Thursday. I think they've got plenty left in the tank.

• Like 1

Scoreboard Watching 👀 easy choices today

First things first. Carolina take care of business. Beat Philly

Montréal @ Winnipeg Peg the Habs

Buffalo @ NY Islanders  An Islander loss keeps third place in reach

CBJ @ Nashville  Make it a sad song tonight for the Bjackets

23 minutes ago, OBXer said:

The Jets seem to be shifting to a rest for the post season mentality of late. As for Buffalo, they’ve run out of gas. Not sure they could win even facing the mighty mites at the moment.

5 minutes ago, caneswincup said:

The Jets seem to be shifting to a rest for the post season mentality of late. As for Buffalo, they’ve run out of gas. Not sure they could win even facing the mighty mites at the moment.

True but that doesn't stop me from wishing and hoping

1 hour ago, OBXer said:

Columbus plays in Nashville

• Like 1