In-Season 2018-2019

1 hour ago, OBXer said:

Scoreboard Watching 👀 easy choices today

First things first. Carolina take care of business. Beat Philly

Montréal @ Winnipeg Peg the Habs

Buffalo @ NY Islanders  An Islander loss keeps third place in reach

CBJ @ Nashville  Make it a sad song tonight for the Bjackets

Corrected to add CBJ game. Thx gocanes for reminding me

Just want to give GMDW some credit. Our goalies have been great. Hamilton has been fantastic the second half. Not trading Pesce or Faulk have turned out to be the right moves. We didn't get squat for Skinner, but that may have been addition from subtraction. Well done, get Aho signed! Almost forgot about de Haan, and Martinook. Also, good pick ups.

Edited by caniac6
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, caniac6 said:

Just want to give GMDW some credit. Our goalies have been great. Hamilton has been fantastic the second half. Not trading Pesce or Faulk have turned out to be the right moves. We didn't get squat for Skinner, but that may have been addition from subtraction. Well done, get Aho signed! Almost forgot about de Haan, and Martinook. Also, good pick ups.

The way Hamilton is playing right now I would not be surprised if he hits 20 goals EXACTLY by seasons end.  I know it's a stretch but he's 7th on the team right now, Ferland is 6th with 17 goals.  He (Ferland) hasn't scored in a while but he does have assists including that beauty to Wallmark vs Minnesota.  He's on the third line, which to me is the grit line and that line may work well for him. 

16 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

This race is absurd. 

It's why I don't think we'll clinch until the last day of the season unless MTL loses a game between now and then because I read their remaining schedule is brutal.  They have 3 games after tonight and I know TB, Washington and Toronto.  No cake walk. If they lost two of their games to clinch you would need 95 points (because they'll get 94). 

Columbus is scaring me right now.  They seem to be getting hot at the right time.  If they win it would be their 4th straight.  the two losses we had to Washington have killed us

Fortunately, we've already taken care of our business this afternoon but we have to do it tomorrow too.  Won't be easy beating Pittsburgh again AT home but I don't think they'll have Malkin nor Letang (I think Letang got injured again).  They're still dangerous though.

Hard to believe how competitive the eastern conference is.  Only 4 teams have clinched.  TB, Washington, Boston and the Islanders (they'll clinch tonight after beating Buffalo, even though game is not over yet).  The western conference all teams except the wild card teams have clinched.  Calgary, San Jose, Vegas, St. Louis, Winnipeg and Nashville.  Right now Dallas and Colorado are the 2 wildcards but the WC positions are not clinched.

The nail biting continues.

2 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Can the Sabres   be any more useless ? 

I think they've dialed it in this season knowing they've been eliminated.  Hard to believe they had a 10 game winning streak in November.  Haven't done anything since then.

Literally every team   WE  need to win tonight  is like "   Nah ,  you guys can win this  , WE HATE CAROLINA ALSO THOSE BUNCH OF JERKS !  "  lol  

Edited by Canesfanforever

19 minutes ago, remkin said:

What's a guy have to do to get just one win against our rivals? Islanders up by 4 also.

Stop naming the teams we want to win/lose? It’s clearly not working for any of us at the moment.

40 minutes ago, dinz said:

columbus 3-1   montreal 2-0

Last I checked Montreal outshooting Winnipeg by almost X3.  37-13.  Not going to win games that way Winnipeg.

This is really ******* me off. You feel good about a win, then all it means is that you live another day.

F Winnipeg, I swear they have lost every game we needed them to win.

The tanking the Sabres are doing is disgraceful and shows that there are problems in the organization imo. 

If we were in the Central division, we would be one point out of first place. Instead we are holding onto a playoff spot by one point.

The Canes finally put together a good season, and it is likely one of the most lopsided East vs. Western conference point differentials in history.

It’s maddening. It’s BS.

If we miss the playoffs,**** is going to be broken.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kyrule said:

This is really ******* me off. You feel good about a win, then all it means is that you live another day.

8 hours ago, Kyrule said:

The Canes finally put together a good season, and it is likely one of the most lopsided East vs. Western conference point differentials in history.

It’s maddening. It’s BS.

If we miss the playoffs,**** is going to be broken.

I’m with ya Kyrule.  It is frustrating after this incredible run to consistently get so little scoreboard help night-after-night.

The Canes actually lost ground yesterday in the "SportsClubStats" percentage race!  Even with the Canes win!  Our Western buddies really hosed us.

The good news is the Canes are still in control.  Just win. 

SCOREBOARD WATCHING 👀

The game that counts is ours. Keep the Surge going. Go Canes. It would be nice to get a little help from the hockey gods. One other game to watch today.

Columbus @ Buffalo  Will CBJ shoot itself in the foot. One can only hope.