The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

In-Season 2018-2019

3 minutes ago, OBXer said:

Columbus @ Buffalo  Will CBJ shoot itself in the foot. One can only hope.

Jeff Skinner was at one point, I believe, a +23 this season.  He now sits at -3 (with 37 goals!).  It would be nice if the Buffalo tanking can wait for another game and Skinner evens up his +/- today...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Canes06cup17 said:

We have to keep winning. Slugs are in full tank mode. Skinner is showing the side that made him replaceable.  

there were several plays last night where he just stood around at the blue line and didnt not help his team defense. I fully believe this is one big reason Canes did not want to keep him around. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, legend-1 said:

This race is absurd. 

Crazy absurd.  I thought there was a good chance that both Montreal and CBJ both lose.  Thought there was little to no chance they both win.  Looks like this is coming down to the last game.  

I guess if there is a positive it is that we have essentially been able to watch 'playoff' hockey the last 3 weeks.

Just beat the Pens and keep on chugging.

53 minutes ago, Red_Storm said:

Jeff Skinner was at one point, I believe, a +23 this season.  He now sits at -3 (with 37 goals!).  It would be nice if the Buffalo tanking can wait for another game and Skinner evens up his +/- today...

Skinner was crawling off the ice and had to be helped off in the first period. Didn't appear again until the third period. I have a hunch that the slugs beat CBJ at home today.

The nightly scoreboard is speaking directly to the balance, urgency, and "elite" disparity between the east and west. WASH, TB, BOS, are clearly more resolved teams than the cruising, clinched upper crust teams in the West. CAR, PITT, CBJ, even MTL have been forced by circumstances to remain in urgent mode and play desperate hockey, and considering outcomes in head to head in the east, each at one time or another has proven worthy and urgent in their resolve. For a really good, not great,  CAR team to have racked up the season record they have against the West, shows how much stronger the east is, top to bottom. I'd say 12 of the top 16 teams are EC, and makes this playoff drive for the CANES and holding the spot for this extended period, all the more impressive. More work to do. No matter what happens, the team's that get in will be well deserving of it. The West, I'd say not so much for a few of them...

38 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

Skinner was crawling off the ice and had to be helped off in the first period. Didn't appear again until the third period. I have a hunch that the slugs beat CBJ at home today.

I hope so.  Time for Columbus to lose.  They turned their season around when they beat Vancouver (thanks Vancouver).  Maybe Skinner can get a hat trick.  Regardless, we MUST win tonight in Pittsburgh.  It will be no cake walk to do it and I don't know if it's ever been done where we beat Pittsburgh in their building twice in the same season.  I don't even know when Buffalo last won.  It seems every game they've played they've lost.

A point would be nice tonight but 2 would be huge.  I hope the boys come out with some urgency and not like they did their last road game vs Washington. 

11 hours ago, Kyrule said:

This is really ******* me off. You feel good about a win, then all it means is that you live another day.

F Winnipeg, I swear they have lost every game we needed them to win.

The tanking the Sabres are doing is disgraceful and shows that there are problems in the organization imo. 

If we were in the Central division, we would be one point out of first place. Instead we are holding onto a playoff spot by one point.

The Canes finally put together a good season, and it is likely one of the most lopsided East vs. Western conference point differentials in history.

It’s maddening. It’s BS.

If we miss the playoffs,**** is going to be broken.

Not only that...we would have also already clinched a playoff berth.  All teams out west except the WC teams have clinched.  I also agree with everything you said.  I would not be surprised if one year it will take 100 points just to get above the cut line.  I do believe that year is coming.

47 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

I hope you're right.  I also hope Montreal loses their next three games.  TB, Washington and Toronto.  Not going to be easy.  Toronto may be the easiest of the three because they're kinda struggling right now. 

8 minutes ago, Sportsfan-1-2 said:

I hope you're right.  I also hope Montreal loses their next three games.  TB, Washington and Toronto.  Not going to be easy.  Toronto may be the easiest of the three because they're kinda struggling right now. 

If Buffalo could just do us a return favor TONIGHT for us gifting them Skinner, I might just begin to like them? Naw not going to happen.

1 hour ago, Red_Storm said:

If that is true it just goes to show you how bad the Sabres have tanked throughout the year.  Hard to believe the same team had a 10 game winning streak in November and were literally on fire.

Just now, KJUNKANE said:

If Buffalo could just do us a return favor TONIGHT for us gifting them Skinner, I might just begin to like them? Naw not going to happen.

When was the last time Buffalo won a game? It seems they've lost every game this week that we've needed them to win.  Fortunately, when they lost to MTL we beat MTL the next night to extend our lead back to three but now thanks to Washington losses and Winnipeg losing last night it's down to 1.  BUT we have a game in hand.  I'm more worried about Columbus right now than MTL. 

45 minutes ago, Sportsfan-1-2 said:

If that is true it just goes to show you how bad the Sabres have tanked throughout the year.  Hard to believe the same team had a 10 game winning streak in November and were literally on fire.

Tanked or Skinner returning to his normal play?

7 minutes ago, OBXer said:

Now this deserves a standing O :spin::thumbsup2::yippee::applause:

First bit of good news I’ve had in a few days...GOOD RIDDANCE!

9 hours ago, Red_Storm said:

He started that slide following the game when I was amazed that he hadn’t torn or broken something. He hasn’t looked the same since. To be fair, since then the whole team has been awful.