The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

In-Season 2018-2019

SCOREBOARD WATCHING Monday April 1st  :yawn:

Nothing to see here                       

8 minutes ago, OBXer said:

SCOREBOARD WATCHING Monday April 1st  :yawn:

Nothing to see here                       

The Out of Town scoreboard is currently non-operational, having been shot repeatedly with a 12-gauge over the course of the weekend. 

33 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

If de Haan was a forward we'd of duct taped his arm back on and told him to get back out there.

Saw the tape fraying on a few guys the last few games.  Helps explain the sub <.500 record the last 5 games.

Three in four is tough. We eliminated a team that had to win and stayed in the other two, both of which were against two of the most potent offenses in the league. We were arguably best, in those three, against the Caps.

So I feel very good about where this team is, but the goals from top talent have dried up. I'd love to see FAT back together against the Leafs. Move Svech or Nino to the third and put the other with Willy and Jordan on the second.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iceman11 said:

I know.  That is why I was joking around.  

Oh sorry, my browser didn't "like" the emoji, I guess. I just had a square box at the end of your post.

24 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

Saw the tape fraying on a few guys the last few games.  Helps explain the sub <.500 record the last 5 games.

I know its bitten him once before, but I really hope Roddy gives everybody a day off today. They need it, and with the exception of the Caps game in DC, they've earned it.

1 hour ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Ain't gonna happen.

And I'd rather have McKeown or Bean, both of whom have played a lot more hockey at a much higher level (i.e., pro).

That article was before Fox personally denied it. I am guessing that he put that out there through contacts, but when asked he later said he hadn't decided yet. If he's true to his word, he wants to be in the NHL next season, and probably doesn't see it or isn't getting that from us, so put that feeler out there. Clearly shows that this may not be as much of a "non issue" as Waddell said after the trade, but it's not a done deal yet either. 

I don't know what Ek wrote (Kjun posted about) because the guy is useless to me. 

Montreal is likely going to face no namer goalie Eddie Pasquale in their match up with the Lightning. I mean if there was ever a handicap that could give them a chance to win it's the 28 year old whose only played 1 NHL game and couldn't stop a beachball in that game.

2 hours ago, legend-1 said:

Montreal is likely going to face no namer goalie Eddie Pasquale in their match up with the Lightning. I mean if there was ever a handicap that could give them a chance to win it's the 28 year old whose only played 1 NHL game and couldn't stop a beachball in that game.

Just great.

5 hours ago, iceman11 said:

I only hope that Tampa and Washington play as hard against Montreal this week as they did against the Canes last week.  

Washington perhaps as they want that top spot in the metro. The bolts are going to be shutting it down to rest for the playoffs.

6 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Three in four is tough. We eliminated a team that had to win and stayed in the other two, both of which were against two of the most potent offenses in the league. We were arguably best, in those three, against the Caps.

So I feel very good about where this team is, but the goals from top talent have dried up. I'd love to see FAT back together against the Leafs. Move Svech or Nino to the third and put the other with Willy and Jordan on the second.

I would love to see this for a few shifts to see if we can get Ferland going. We need goals now, move Svech to the third line.

2 hours ago, legend-1 said:

Doesn't  he own a pizzeria in Tampa?

• Like 2

TB still has a shot to tie or break the NHL season win record. They need four wins to break it with four games left.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OBXer said:

TB still has a shot to tie or break the NHL season win record. They need four wins to break it with four games left.

They better keep the pizza owner out of net then.

3 hours ago, legend-1 said:

It's April 1st today isn't it?

3 minutes ago, Bonivan said:

It's April 1st today isn't it?

Back to back and Vasy is confirmed for the first game. Dominique is out with a lower body concern.

Luckily though we might be facing Sparks who I was pretty big on but he's strugglingish.

Edited by legend-1