The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

In-Season 2018-2019

8 hours ago, caniac-1-1 said:

The Out of Town scoreboard is currently non-operational, having been shot repeatedly with a 12-gauge over the course of the weekend. 

Coastal:  you taking out some frustrations?  Or maybe it was Faulk and/or Ferland?

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 1

Like I said...the system is ******** if a player with no experience has all the leverage.  *edit* him!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, remkin said:

That article was before Fox personally denied it. I am guessing that he put that out there through contacts, but when asked he later said he hadn't decided yet. If he's true to his word, he wants to be in the NHL next season, and probably doesn't see it or isn't getting that from us, so put that feeler out there. Clearly shows that this may not be as much of a "non issue" as Waddell said after the trade, but it's not a done deal yet either. 

I don't know what Ek wrote (Kjun posted about) because the guy is useless to me. 

Ummm... no.

Jeff Cox Retweeted
lebrun_twitter_49669_bigger.jpgPierre LeBrunVerified account @PierreVLeBrun 40m40 minutes ago
Hearing that the Hurricanes have been informed Adam Fox isn't likely to sign with them, that a trade would be the desired route, and I'm guessing the Rangers would top the d-man's list. Carolina looking at its options...

Fox can say whatever he wants post facto, but with LeBrun now confirming it too, it's pretty obvious where he wants to play, and it ain't here.

EDIT TO ADD: legend beat me to it, above... and is also waaaaay better at posting tweets!

Edited by top-shelf-1

3 minutes ago, iceman11 said:

Need to trade him and get something in return.  No way can they afford to lose him for nothing.

I don't want any damned Rags here, Lindqvist included. We'd have blueshirts in the stands every freakin' night.

I think it is so wrong that an unproven player from college gets to pick his team. If we don’t trade him when is he able to sign with another team? What’s the point of a draft if these prima Donnas get to pick a team? 🤬

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Canes06cup17 said:

I think it is so wrong that an unproven player from college gets to pick his team. If we don’t trade him when is he able to sign with another team? What’s the point of a draft if these prima Donnas get to pick a team? 🤬

He couldn't sign with another team until August 20th of 2020.  Any player can sign with any team 4 years after their draft year.  It's just that college gives players a viable alternative in the interim as compared to juniors, say.

1 hour ago, AWACSooner said:

Like I said...the system is ******** if a player with no experience has all the leverage.  *edit* him!

So, %0.1 came true, DW?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Ummm... no.

Well not now. We have a new source since you last posted. LeBrun is reliable, and is quoting our brass as saying they've now been informed he isn't "likely" to sign with us. That is way more definitive than the first rumor followed by Fox saying he had not decided, and especially anything Ek wrote. It does still say isn't "likely" to sign, but yeah, it's not looking like he'll wear our uniform.

I wonder if it's us or the log jam. If it's us, then why was Waddell so absolutely sure he'd sign?  Maybe he's looking at the log jam, but then I wonder why he can't just wait until he sees if we make any moves before declaring. Does he have to declare now? (I'm asking).

If we have to trade him then the leverage and the return depends on how badly he wants to play next year because we can block that if the return is too low.

But it will be very hard to get full value.

If all we’re going to get is a low draft pick, I say screw a trade. Let him play at Harvard for nothing another year. If this is true, he has now strong-armed two teams - the Flames and us - so give him a taste of his own medicine. If it’s the Rangers he wants to play for, why should we accelerate his arrival there to compete with us. And this may change our trade plans a bit, but we have a very solid blue line without him.

• Like 1

I think getting a 2nd for him is pretty doable. I'd push for a first though but I think a 2nd will be the middle ground that get's it done if we wanna wash our hands of him.

Reason being is if some team wants him and he's willing to sign then that team should want him ASAP and not risk UFA/getting him a year later after his development has stalled in the NCAA.

Personally I think this kid with his entitled attitude is going to face plant and maybe some other teams will catch onto that as well. 

Rangers keep coming up a bit too much for my liking as well, tampering much?

Also if the kids honest to god serious about his education, he's gotta be doubting his 5'10 frame lasts in the NHL as much as I am.

Edited by legend-1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

I think getting a 2nd for him is pretty doable. I'd push for a first though but I think a 2nd will be the middle ground that get's it done if we wanna wash our hands of him.

Reason being is if some team wants him and he's willing to sign then that team should want him ASAP and not risk UFA/getting him a year later after his development has stalled in the NCAA.

Personally I think this kid with his entitled attitude is going to face plant and maybe some other teams will catch onto that as well. 

Rangers keep coming up a bit too much for my liking as well, tampering much?

Also if the kids honest to god serious about his education, he's gotta be doubting his 5'10 frame lasts in the NHL as much as I am.

legend, how large was Ottawa's Erik Karlsson? Seems to me that he was not overly large and managed to do pretty well?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluedevilcane said:

If all we’re going to get is a low draft pick, I say screw a trade. Let him play at Harvard for nothing another year. If this is true, he has now strong-armed two teams - the Flames and us - so give him a taste of his own medicine. If it’s the Rangers he wants to play for, why should we accelerate his arrival there to compete with us. And this may change our trade plans a bit, but we have a very solid blue line without him.

Might be regretting Calgary abut now. Locked up first in the West.

Obviously Fox is too good for Calgary & The Canes. Just like Eric Lindros was too good for Quebec and John Elway too good for Baltimore. I can’t stand these primma donnas. Getting picked or drafted into the most elite sports is an honor not a flipp’n privilege!! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Canes06cup17 said:

If we don’t get a return we like I say let him stay in college and be unpaid. 

Wonder if Rangers are gloating and want this kid immediately, possibly we could get Jimmy Vesey from them for him? Would y'all be satisfied with that trade? They seem to have cooled on Vesey anyway?

• Like 1

Given the Depth the canes have on the blue line anyways ,   it would be looking like years before Fox  wore a canes   jersey  .   He would maybe  be  spending a long time with the checkers  even if  he did sign with the canes .   So you cant blame the kid if he would of rather wanted to  play in the nhl right away .    His own faults would show case that he would not be ready .    Fox  was never the done deal of the trade ,  It was always about Hamilton     , Ferland was a side piece and so was Fox  like i said  LAST YEAR !    Now  fast forward and people are acting like this was not going to happen .   What makes people think such silly things  is beyond me  sometimes .    I would say   The canes will be fine with out Fox   cause they still have Bean !  and Bean is a  better  player than fox anyways !