Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

In-Season 2018-2019

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Derailed75 said:

Well maybe I am remembering it differently I was sure it was more strongly worded then that. Also you take a guy that has only been on the job for a few months a read him the riot act because all the moving parts didnt instantly gel. The man at least deserves a "hey I jumped the gun"

 

Okay, whatever.

 

All people can do is make a decision based on past results. At the time of the incident you mentioned, the Hurricanes were pretty bad. They started off okay (the first few games were great, then they tapered off for a while), the Rask-for-Nino trade was way in the future, and Waddell's record of past success was pretty spotty.

 

In addition, before the 2005-2006 season started, remember that the pundits picked the Hurricanes to be at or near the bottom in a woeful Southeastern Division. If you'll pardon the pun (and what an appropriate pun this season), the 2005-2006 Hurricanes captured lightning in a bottle.

 

Last of all, if GMDW doesn't want to hear fans complain, he can stay in his office or sneak into the arena the back way, or give up the job so he doesn't have to put up with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JonKerfoot said:

 

Okay, whatever.

 

All people can do is make a decision based on past results. At the time of the incident you mentioned, the Hurricanes were pretty bad. They started off okay (the first few games were great, then they tapered off for a while), the Rask-for-Nino trade was way in the future, and Waddell's record of past success was pretty spotty.

 

In addition, before the 2005-2006 season started, remember that the pundits picked the Hurricanes to be at or near the bottom in a woeful Southeastern Division. If you'll pardon the pun (and what an appropriate pun this season), the 2005-2006 Hurricanes captured lightning in a bottle.

 

Last of all, if GMDW doesn't want to hear fans complain, he can stay in his office or sneak into the arena the back way, or give up the job so he doesn't have to put up with it.

Alright I am wrong, I mean anybody should just be able to step in revamp a team with a new coach and have them contending for the cup within the first 3 months of their first season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to give the committee credit for the success this season.  At first I thought that the canes needed to hire an experienced coach with a nice pedigree.  However, the more I thought about it, no matter who they brought in wouldn’t have brought the heart and passion that Brindy has.  He cared deeply about the organization and personally wanted to see the team become relevant again. 

 

Af far as trades, the Canes were able to clear out a bunch of deadwood this season, clear the salaries off the books and somehow get useful players back in return.  rask, Kruger, Zykov, PDG.

 

and the Calgary trade was a pure hockey trade.  I’ve said all along the Canes got the best player in the deal.  However can’t afford to lose Ferland and Fox with no returns.

 

However, no matter what, I will never agree with the Skinner trade.  If got a better return, I may have understood. Sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AssistantGM said:

Canes just called up Jake Bean.

hope he's ready for this, but we'll see? And they can add more, but seems a shame to take away from Checkers post-season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skinner is undecided if he wants to sign with the sabres .   despite the fact he had a ntc  , (  which sucks )   im kinda glad we are not in that situation  that buffalo now finds themselves in .   + 1  more for Don  i guess .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Skinner is undecided if he wants to sign with the sabres .   despite the fact he had a ntc  , (  which sucks )   im kinda glad we are not in that situation  that buffalo now finds themselves in .   + 1  more for Don  i guess .  

Always has been in my estimation. No need to put up with Skinner's downside for a year to get this type of entitled attitude?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KJUNKANE said:

Always has been in my estimation. No need to put up with Skinner's downside for a year to get this type of entitled attitude?

It's odd  cause when question he said he had friends and family  up there that could go see him play  and i was thinking he would sign .   Is ottawa a potential other spot ?  if so  enjoy  Melnik  Skins lol ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

It's odd  cause when question he said he had friends and family  up there that could go see him play  and i was thinking he would sign .   Is ottawa a potential other spot ?  if so  enjoy  Melnik  Skins lol ! 

You misunderstood what I was meaning. I was responding to the +1 for Don, and never doubted it with regards to the Skinner trade. 

 

Now, as to Skinner, I don't see him subjecting himself to Ottawa, but desiring a bigger stage if he can get it, like Toronto or Montreal? Could also want Chicago or one of the NewYork venues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

You misunderstood what I was meaning. I was responding to the +1 for Don, and never doubted it with regards to the Skinner trade. 

 

Now, as to Skinner, I don't see him subjecting himself to Ottawa, but desiring a bigger stage if he can get it, like Toronto or Montreal? Could also want Chicago or one of the NewYork venues?

I still believe  the canes could of gotten more of fair value  but  the NTC  is what ultimately hindered it .    I just hope  that the current management  learned it's lesson  when venturing into paths when it comes to handing out contracts .  So far  nothing has been reported as to where skinner might land next  but  given it was a career year for the lad  i dont think many teams are desperate to take on  a talent like his  for a large contract .  something reasonable  for him to play a role  maybe  but that's all they would be getting him for .   Shame  he never learned   much from this organization other than how to  do   things in the ways of Eric Staal . 

Edited by Canesfanforever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, OBXer said:

Brind’Amour picks Jake Bean for shootout shot. Bang. Beats Mrazek and the goalies skate.

 

Smart coaching to make the kid feel involved. Even better for him to score. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of beans...magic beans...NONE of the bottom three got a top three draft pick...Jersey won again...Rags 2nd...Evil Empire of the West 3rd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Jersey now with Taylor Hall, Nico Hischier and Jack Hughes could bounce back pretty quick and be something to reckon with as we also ascend. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, remkin said:

New Jersey now with Taylor Hall, Nico Hischier and Jack Hughes could bounce back pretty quick and be something to reckon with as we also ascend. 

 

Irritating to say the least that the Metro (and the East (Buffalo))  keeps hitting the all the top picks (except for Svech of course :) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, remkin said:

New Jersey now with Taylor Hall, Nico Hischier and Jack Hughes could bounce back pretty quick and be something to reckon with as we also ascend. 

Their D line and goaltending still suck...just like the Oilers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, remkin said:

New Jersey now with Taylor Hall, Nico Hischier and Jack Hughes could bounce back pretty quick and be something to reckon with as we also ascend. 

Yeah, if they hadn't lost Hall midway this year, they might have been challenging along with us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...