The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

In-Season 2018-2019

1 hour ago, Caniac514 said:

At least, we are not going to face a backup goalie :) ( if I remember correctly)

You do. But Grubauer is pretty much the definition of a 1A. Very strong career numbers (2.31, .922), actually better than Varly's (but V has played 4x the games). The Caps would have totally kept Grubauer if doing so had been possible, I think.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dreadedlyfe said:

Got that one covered. Got respectful covered too. I respect she doesn't get a wild hair and order $2500 worth of nail polish(first wife did) so anything over $100 gets checked off by both parties. 

IMG_0378.thumb.JPG.6cc9eb3594ece4643fec25e83954ddca.JPG

• Like 1

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Ok, I'm having a senior moment here, and unable to locate the piece I read about the Ny trade rumors last night (clearly it wasn't bookmark-worthy)...

But did I read that McE could be a conceivable and hypothetical chuck of chum in our trade-bait bucket on this dilatory TML deal???  

Huh?

Like I said, I can't find the article again now but I really think I read that somewhere.?.  Probably in some rag site/newspaper that (as Brian Burke once said) belongs on the bottom of a bird cage or wrapped around a fish...but still...(I think Burke even said some TO newspapers belonged in the corner of the laundry room for puppy training purposes?. Gotta love that guy, no?

That would be ironic.?.  And I'm not sure about the angle of this sort of dealing, but my guess is the angle is rather oblique?

Also, am a newbie here, so forgive me for misplacing this app-related question, but how on earth does one set the Forum preferences to display the NEWEST posts FIRST?

Doh. Sorry! And thanks for everyone's patience with the noob of all noobs!

PS I've been a lurker here for years.  Thoroughly enjoying being a participant, regardless of my marginal contributory value ☺️

13 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Wait... humankind has produced $2,500 worth of nail polish?? 

I did not know what a hutch was until said nail polish showed up and needed a home.

Edited by dreadedlyfe
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Porter100 said:

But did I read that McE could be a conceivable and hypothetical chuck of chum in our trade-bait bucket on this dilatory TML deal???  

If you did, it was probably here. But the below lines tell me all I need to know about what the Craps-drunk writer actually knows about the Canes, or even Nylander's value at this stage of his career:

The Leafs could get McElhinney and Pesce for Nylander. Now, the Hurricanes would still probably have to add more because Nylander is indisputably one of the NHL’s top young forwards. But it’s a darn good start.

The matter I bolded is ridiculous enough, but the rest of the piece betrays his total inattention to how the Committee has conducted things up to now.

12 minutes ago, dreadedlyfe said:

I did not know what a hutch was until said nail polish showed up and needed a home.

You poor, poor man. Another word ending in t-c-h springs to mind, with "sonofa" in front of it.

• Like 2

Here's a paragraph that left me scratching my head till it bled from that article:

First, there’s Justin Faulk. As of Oct. 18, other than Trevor van Riemsdyk, who has only played six games, Faulk has played fewer five-on-five minutes than any other Hurricanes defenseman (min. 20 minutes). Despite not being on the penalty kill that much, he’s also been on the ice for more goals against than any Canes defenseman. The Leafs could really use someone like Faulk, so he’d be a nice guy to start a package around.

So the author mentions that Faulk has the lowest ice time, doesn't kill penatlies, and has been on the ice for more goals against than any Canes D man. Then says the Leafs could really use someone like that....First, :blink:. Second, why can't this guy be the Leafs' GM?  We could do business with a guy like that. ? 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, remkin said:

Here's a paragraph that left me scratching my head till it bled from that article:

First, there’s Justin Faulk. As of Oct. 18, other than Trevor van Riemsdyk, who has only played six games, Faulk has played fewer five-on-five minutes than any other Hurricanes defenseman (min. 20 minutes). Despite not being on the penalty kill that much, he’s also been on the ice for more goals against than any Canes defenseman. The Leafs could really use someone like Faulk, so he’d be a nice guy to start a package around.

So the author mentions that Faulk has the lowest ice time, doesn't kill penatlies, and has been on the ice for more goals against than any Canes D man. Then says the Leafs could really use someone like that....First, :blink:. Second, why can't this guy be the Leafs' GM?  We could do business with a guy like that. ? 

I know. He's a Craps fan by his own admission, who clearly can't be bothered with little things like thinking about what he's typing.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

The Leafs could get McElhinney and Pesce for Nylander. Now, the Hurricanes would still probably have to add more

Pesce is my favorite Cane and i'd hate to see him traded, but i understand hockey trades and you have to give to get.  That said, no way in hell do i add Mac to that potential trade, at the very least until Darling comes back and plays a few games and we know what we're getting with him this season.  If Darling rocks it and Mrazek keeps it up then perhaps, but no way do i trade both top defenseman + top goaltender for anyone short of McDavid, and we all know that one isn't happening either.  And more on top of Pesce and Mac?  Ha ha, no thanks...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

Pesce is my favorite Cane and i'd hate to see him traded, but i understand hockey trades and you have to give to get.  That said, no way in hell do i add Mac to that potential trade, at the very least until Darling comes back and plays a few games and we know what we're getting with him this season.  If Darling rocks it and Mrazek keeps it up then perhaps, but no way do i trade both top defenseman + top goaltender for anyone short of McDavid, and we all know that one isn't happening either.  And more on top of Pesce and Mac?  Ha ha, no thanks...

Like I said elsewhere, they can have any two of our current roster D, their choice, outside Pesce/Slavin. Breaks the logjam, and I'm fine with Fleury/Cajovsky/McKeown as our 5-6-7.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, remkin said:

So the author mentions that Faulk has the lowest ice time, doesn't kill penatlies, and has been on the ice for more goals against than any Canes D man.

I'd challenge that guy to go look at the real stats. I did.  It's why I take no writer's word for anything, especially when they have an agenda (kind of like here).  He has attempted to strengthen his position by offering misleading stats, hoping everybody will take his word for it.  Not.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

I'd challenge that guy to go look at the real stats. I did.  It's why I take no writer's word for anything, especially when they have an agenda (kind of like here).  He has attempted to strengthen his position by offering misleading stats, hoping everybody will take his word for it.  Not.

Yeah, but then he blows up his own fake stats by saying the Leafs could use him. He clearly wanted to make the case that Faulk would be a good add for them, and assuming Faulk continues playing well on both sides of the puck, he's right, he would be. Maybe his phrase about Faulk "only playing six games" was him trying show that Faulk has been better out of the gate this year than his last couple of seasons indicate--?

15 hours ago, dreadedlyfe said:

Sweet. Thats a win. She will probably insist on a Boston feed as well, though ?

Theres a discount to the whole thing also but I dont watch other teams till the playoffs so I dont know what the cost is on it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Yeah, but then he blows up his own fake stats by saying the Leafs could use him. He clearly wanted to make the case that Faulk would be a good add for them, and assuming Faulk continues playing well on both sides of the puck, he's right, he would be. Maybe his phrase about Faulk "only playing six games" was him trying show that Faulk has been better out of the gate this year than his last couple of seasons indicate--?

Like Rem said, the whole article is a head-scratcher?

1 hour ago, winger52 said:

To all who are going to tomorrows game. Game time is 1 pm, if you leave about 6 am you might be able to see the opening faceoff.

Forslund's intro tomorrow:

Let's face it, hockey and animal husbandry go together like peas and carrots! For both of which you can also discover the proper soil pH for ultimate yields! It's one-stop shopping (and rotational cropping) in West Raleigh... things get chippy at the PNC, while the cow chips fly across the street! Hay hay, whadda ya say, that's (horse) hockey, baby! 

• Like 3

I fully understand what Brind'Amour is  trying to do but  at what point do you ask yourself  when will he juggle lines to find the right chemistry with the right guys ?  Im not  a fan of  this style of hockey if it only leads to constantly turning the puck over  .  The canes are getting a lot of shots on net  but id say that the majority of shots on net are not quality shots .   This is the same thing the canes were doing last year    but worse  because the pk  is bad and the pp is bad .  you cant win  for the long haul  if  these things are not fixed and pronto .