The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

In-Season 2018-2019

57 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Y'all don't even want to know what Hanifin did last night for the Alberta Sidewalk Water Salesman...

I'm so over it.  I have come to the conclusion that until this team gets rid of Darling they will never make the playoffs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OBXer said:

Is this advanced math? I didn't go to Harvard.

Scoring/point totals are generally MUCH lower in the NCAA than in the OHL, WHL, and QMJHL.

1 hour ago, Kyrule said:

Scoring/point totals are generally MUCH lower in the NCAA than in the OHL, WHL, and QMJHL.

It was a joke. I get it.

4 hours ago, bluedevil58 said:

I'm so over it.  I have come to the conclusion that until this team gets rid of Darling they will never make the playoffs.

Whoa! You can’t pick on keepers in this forum without rampant ostracism!!! Bite your tongue!

But go back about and three weeks and see what I said was the TOP problem with this squad. It’s between the pipes, baby...

And, for the “experts” here.  Look at me with a straight face and tell me the lads don’t play scared in front of Darling.

They start peeing down their legs when RB posts the lineup and they see Darling is going. I know it as sure as I’m sitting here.

And save the contrived Darling apologist argurement that it wasn’t his fault.  It WAS his fault. And RBs fault for putting him out there.

It’s all about the “C” word. 

The lads have zero confidence in Darling. So what if they are “pros” and should transcend beyond the esoteric.

End of the day, those “pros” are kids for the most part.

And going out and having a puck dropped for a game you know you’re gonna lose? Well... yeah.

It’s all about the G. The G. Period.

1 hour ago, Porter100 said:

And, for the “experts” here.  Look at me with a straight face and tell me the lads don’t play scared in front of Darling.

Congratulations, you joined the ranks [temporarily] of the experts.....Captain

• Like 2

On 11/13/2018 at 9:56 AM, gocanes0506 said:

We’re switching prospect tournaments next year. We won’t be going to Traverse City. We will go to Nashville for the NHL prospects showcase.  Book your stay now it is September 7-10th.

Sorry, I know this is old news, but something I saw in the Hurricanes news release is that the tournament rotates host cities every year. So I assume part of the reason for the change is that the Hurricanes will join the rotation. Have not seen any mention of it, so not sure when we might be scheduled to be the host, but looking forward to seeing a prospect tournament right here at home sometime in the next few years. 😃

• Like 1

8 hours ago, InvisibleCane said:

Sorry, I know this is old news, but something I saw in the Hurricanes news release is that the tournament rotates host cities every year. So I assume part of the reason for the change is that the Hurricanes will join the rotation. Have not seen any mention of it, so not sure when we might be scheduled to be the host, but looking forward to seeing a prospect tournament right here at home sometime in the next few years. 😃

Amen. I've thought many times about going to Traverse City, until realizing it would entail actually going to Traverse City.

21 hours ago, bluedevil58 said:

Well he is a healthy scratch tonight! That's a start, but I'd say send him thru waivers...if someone picks up that contract then waive goodbye! If not then that is a big message that no one at the NHL level wants you...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rocheccw said:

Well he is a healthy scratch tonight! That's a start, but I'd say send him thru waivers...if someone picks up that contract then waive goodbye! If not then that is a big message that no one at the NHL level wants you...

Im not arguing with sending him through waivers but, how do we shake out Ned, Booth, and Helvig in the two minors system?

I feel like Booth should play more but against tougher competition. 

Helvig and Ned need to play as much as possible too.

I'd start to cut bait and run on Ned. He's nose diving once again, it's time to give Booth the majority of the time in the AHL. If it weren't for the Checkers being full of top tier prospects I shudder to think what Ned's numbers would be.

As for the NHL, if they decide Mrazek and Mac are the answer. Darling may very well find himself being paid to sit around and do nothing until he can be bought out because as you said we can't hinder the prospect development.

1 hour ago, gocanes0506 said:

Im not arguing with sending him through waivers but, how do we shake out Ned, Booth, and Helvig in the two minors system?

I feel like Booth should play more but against tougher competition. 

Helvig and Ned need to play as much as possible too.

Send Darling to the Everblades then.  This experiment should be over with.  He isn't and never will be a legit starter.   This team needs to move on.  He is worse than Lack and that is bad.

Edited by bluedevil58

8 hours ago, OBXer said:

I'm all for conspiracy theories. A little fiction in the morning often is a good way to avoid the reality of the day ahead.

It was a false flag operation.  Thermite paint.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2018 at 5:52 PM, Red_Storm said:

So McElhinney is the only goalie of the three-headed monster with a winning record for the downgraded Hurricanes and a 3-1-0 record at that, but it seems the decision is he’s the odd man out.  Does he get another shot?

Another shot, I say...! 👍

Like most here, I hope the renovation hype of the new Briscoe Mongo is over and done... What is still a concern imo is the lack of scoring from the big guns, 24 games in. T.T. 5, Jordan 5, Williams 4, Aho 7, Hamilton 3....   So far this is Ferlands team....After McE performance last night, if we could start hitting the back of the net more, this could get real fun...

Edited by PamlicoPuck