The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

In-Season 2018-2019

The Islanders have dumped us out of 3rd place in the Metro. Only a point ahead so that can change quickly. Oh and BD58 the Isles attendance is worse than ours. A playoff contender in the biggest media market. Go figure. Maybe they should sign a mouse it could do wonders for them. Oh and I don't  "keed"

14 minutes ago, PamlicoPuck said:

Nice to have some recovery days, the rest of the months schedule is stout.. Washington twice, Toronto, Pens, Boston.... 

December could well decide our fate. Big teams, big games. Now that's hockey, baby

• Like 1

Sooooo, we've now recalled Darling????

gocheckers.com/articles/transactions/scott-darling-returns-to-Carolina

Edited by hopper915

58 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Cory Lavalette said they were breaking in the Whalers gear today.  Has a nice Christmas look to it.

Darling needs to use those pads every chance he has.

47 minutes ago, AssistantGM said:

Can't understand why we don't give Svech an opportunity with Aho and TT !

Svech needs to play with Aho.  It's ridiculous at this point.  The kid has to try an establish an offensive identity playing with fourth liners.

32 minutes ago, cclifford10 said:

Svech needs to play with Aho.  It's ridiculous at this point.  The kid has to try an establish an offensive identity playing with fourth liners.

That formula worked so well with Skinner.

20 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

In this weeks “news article that shouldn’t even be news”:

https://es.pn/2B6id7C

Except it will be, since Tripp may blame something on it like he did the "head winds" on the flight out.

The summary of the naked link is that the Cane's charter plane made an emergency landing in OK at 4am Saturday due to smells in the cabin.  2 hr delay.   Not a good way to sleep.  Good news is they have a few nights home before next game.

2 hours ago, AssistantGM said:

Or at least on the second. I guess he's this year's Skinner.

1 hour ago, wxray1 said:

Except it will be, since Tripp may blame something on it like he did the "head winds" on the flight out.

The summary of the naked link is that the Cane's charter plane made an emergency landing in OK at 4am Saturday due to smells in the cabin.  2 hr delay.   Not a good way to sleep.  Good news is they have a few nights home before next game.

Too bad they didn't land in OKC...I could've gone and brought them some crappy OK barbeque or something ;)

1 hour ago, wxray1 said:

The smell seems to be following them from the locker room.

6 hours ago, AssistantGM said:

Only thing I can think of is that Brindy is locked into the "gotta have someone out there to protect the kid" mentality.  From what I've seen I suspect that Svech can probably handle himself better than a lot of the rest of the team, but what do I know?

• Like 3