The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

In-Season 2018-2019

10 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

Ferland didn’t feel right according to Roddie.  I bet he is out for a while again.

I kept swearing at the TV or radio every time one of the talking heads said something like: "He needs that first big hit so he has the confidence he is OK."

My swearing was: "Or he realizes he's not ready, and just jangled his brain worse."

11 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

Ferland didn’t feel right according to Roddie.  I bet he is out for a while again.

I have to agree. I think he goes back to step one on the protocol which is rest. Then progression through light to full exertion and finally contact. I'm guessing at least 6-7 days, but possibly longer. 

Well, Ferland might be garnering interest from Toronto...along with a blue-liner. IF we can package them (but let's face it, we won't), could we snag one of their snipers? https://www.tsn.ca/leafs-management-eyeing-right-shot-d-1.1225042

On 12/5/2018 at 11:50 AM, LakeLivin said:

Anyone else nervous about Ferland's concussion?  He's had at least one other serious one in the past.  Hope it doesn't become an issue during the rest of the season, especially given his style of play.

12 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

46 minutes ago, remkin said:

I have to agree. I think he goes back to step one on the protocol which is rest. Then progression through light to full exertion and finally contact. I'm guessing at least 6-7 days, but possibly longer. 

Well, Rat&%@# !  If he aggravated it, I'm guessing he'll be out longer than last time, which was over a week.  :mad:

I hate to say it, but we're right on the edge of falling too far off the pace, with a back to back upcoming Capped off (so to speak) with Washington. The rest of the Metro is making it look better for us than it is. The Islanders are holding down 3rd with a 90 point pace, and MTL holding down that last WC spot on a 92 point pace. 

Even if we use a 92 point pace, we need a 4 game winning streak to get there. This team is currently on an 85 point pace and that is about where we usually finish, in the bottom half of the mushy middle that Brindy promised we wouldn't be in. We are -9 on goal differential, very middle very mushy. 

Then, starved for goals, we lose, then re-lose our top goal scorer.  It's ironic we're getting some goaltending, but if we weren't, it be over. 

It's not over, mainly due to that atypically low playoff cutoff at the moment, but at this point, it really appears that this team as it stands is a lower mushy middle team. I hope that things start to click and we go on a roll, but I've hoped that many times before. If we don't make a move, this year is still there, but it's a hope, not a likelihood. 

I am getting to the point that I can't count the number of times we've needed a move at this point that never came, on both hands. So, predicting it will happen, even with all of the smoke out there, is not a great bet.

We need a 5 game win streak to be on a 94 point pace. For that, we wait...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Well, Rat&%@# !  If he aggravated it, I'm guessing he'll be out longer than last time, which was over a week.  :mad:

I think that's the question. If he did re injure it, it is going to be a longer out. If he just realized he wasn't ready, then it might be closer to a week.

49 minutes ago, remkin said:

Then, starved for goals, we lose, then re-lose our top goal scorer. 

And who is that top goal scorer?  (Asked sarcastically.) 

Sad state of affairs, it is.

de Haan not practicing today.

Kuok is with Rask and McGinn.  Hey we have a playmaker, lets put him with guys that dont score, smart

Hamilton is with Fluery, Slavin with Pesce, so that leaves TVR with Faulk.

35 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Kuok is with Rask and McGinn.  Hey we have a playmaker, lets put him with guys that dont score, smart

I'll bet deHann is back for the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gocanes0506 said:

Have to think de Haan will be back with Faulk tomorrow night. He probably got the day off since he took some stitches last night. Although it'd be nice to get Fleury some playing time.

Michael updated the growing injury concerns

2 hours ago

Calvin de Haan's left eye was swollen pretty good today. He got six stitches right above the eyeball. Brind'Amour: "His eye looked pretty bad this morning. He looked a little bit like Rocky. We just decided to give him a little breather. I think he’ll be fine."

Micheal Ferland has been cleared through the concussion protocol, head coach Rod Brind'Amour said. "He didn’t feel great when he got out there, so we used caution. ... When he feels like he’s ready to go, then we’ll get him back in there." Ferland practiced again today.

Curtis McElhinney practiced today with the but "didn’t feel great" afterward, per Brind'Amour. Petr Mrazek and Scott Darling will make the trip to Montreal.

6 hours ago, super_dave_1 said:

Seems like the Canes need to trade for a couple of goal scorers like Lindholm and Skinner.

I'll see my way out.

Nine likes. Might be a record. Well liked post. I'll put it to 10. 

Chip AlexanderVerified account @ice_chip 5 hours ago
With Ferland, Brind'Amour says he has been cleared to play and a lot will depend on how he feels tomorrow. Ferland, returning from a concussion, felt fine after practice Monday and after Tuesday's morning skate, but had to leave Leafs game.

I'm  bit confused by this. Is he still cleared to play even though he had to leave the Leaf's game? If so, then the protochol must allow him to stay at whatever point he was in the incremental return process he was at before the "not feeling right" yesterday, and then advance from there. Which would be at the last step and as such could play much sooner than I thought.

For tomorrows game against Montreal, let Hamilton sit in the PNC press box. maybe he will get the message. The shock will either fire him up , or fire him gone.

P.S. I know the game is in Montreal.

• Like 2

I'm starting to think it is deeper than that.  I feel his production tied to the talent level of the team.  I saw it with Skinner and Lindy.  Fool me once shame on me.  Fool me twice?  Well you fooled me so you can't fool me again.

the team did right by Ferland.  The doctors cleared him.  He got into game action and didn't feel right.  The team took him out.  could it be a flaw in the concussion eval process?

Who knows.

17 hours ago, open_your_checkbook_TD said:

Saw that the Blues are making the entire roster available.  Tarasenko?  Schenn?  Both?  

Sounds like a Dundon move.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, remkin said:
Chip AlexanderVerified account @ice_chip 5h5 hours ago
MorWith Ferland, Brind'Amour says he has been cleared to play and a lot will depend on how he feels tomorrow. Ferland, returning from a concussion, felt fine after practice Monday and after Tuesday's morning skate, but had to leave Leafs game.

I'm  bit confused by this. Is he still cleared to play even though he had to leave the Leaf's game? If so, then the protochol must allow him to stay at whatever point he was in the incremental return process he was at before the "not feeling right" yesterday, and then advance from there. Which would be at the last step and as such could play much sooner than I thought.

Many players didn't feel right when they saw the Leaf's roster. Might of just been a 24 hr bug and a change of drawers..

• Like 2

15 hours ago, winger52 said:

For tomorrows game against Montreal, let Hamilton sit in the PNC press box. maybe he will get the message. The shock will either fire him up , or fire him gone.

P.S. I know the game is in Montreal.

And keep replaying his defensive blunders on the jumbotron over and over and over again.

• Like 1