The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

In-Season 2018-2019

20 hours ago, remkin said:

How is Skinner a last man in? Seriously the guy is second in the NHL in goals. Second. 

Yeah, but everyone has seen his track record. 

Tampa beat the Slugs and the Rangers beat the Isles but the Habs beat the Avs and are now in a Wild Card spot at #7. Isle are #8 and the Slugs are #9 with us at #10 and 5 pts out.

Edited by hopper915

Hey Tom, I noticed the Canes have averaged 16 thousand over the last 7 home games.  I've been there for 4 of those. Will be there tomorrow and it's sounding like more of the same. The fans are coming back.  Fans are having fun.  The crowd is getting lathered up again.  There is now a WOOH wave gaining momentum.

Don't kick us in the cods.

Respectully,

Coastal

• Like 13

BTW, Bolts are at Isles tomorrow...so, as much as they (and their pet refs) screwed us earlier this week, they could do us a solid and knock off two teams directly ahead of us in the span of a weekend.

11 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

Don't kick us in the cods.

Respectully,

Coastal

I prefer to be stroked, please get into the buyers market asap. Here is your chance to do what PK and RF never accomplished. Trade your way into the playoffs.

• Like 1

Dont want to be that guy but I dont see a move happening, at least not a big one. I think the only chip we have that would bring back a high scorer in return is Pesce and I dont think they trade him. Personally I would the D didnt skip a beat with him out. I like him and wouldn't trade him to get rid of him but would for the return.

Well, the new projector system is up and running at the PNC.  They are not using much of it yet.  Today's game against Nashville featured a 48 star American flag during pre-game military appreciation demonstrations.  I'm sure they'll add things as they go. 

Here are some pictures of the Christie stacked projectors.  I think it is 6 stacks of 3.  Very impressive.

IMG_20190113_125706736.thumb.jpg.bf6ea24e43d489d17b89dba3c2566fe0.jpgIMG_20190113_125710925.thumb.jpg.37a9ea961c4000c2170d2dffe17ce430.jpg 

Here are the programmable spotlight racks.  Lots of gee-whiz stuff can be done with these motorized bad boys, but for now, they are not using them much.  They've been lighting up the guys in a line at anthem time, and also a few effect here and there.  The one caught below is during a goal celebration.

IMG_20190113_125653526.thumb.jpg.01830497e6e238fce94f4ca123eb7c1f.jpgIMG_20190113_135229154.thumb.jpg.e33fa965f4f38c6bbf490d2d435f7a0a.jpg

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

Well, the new projector system is up and running at the PNC.  They are not using much of it yet.  Today's game against Nashville featured a 48 star American flag during pre-game military appreciation demonstrations.  I'm sure they'll add things as they go. 

Here are some pictures of the Christie stacked projectors.  I think it is 6 stacks of 3.  Very impressive.

IMG_20190113_125706736.thumb.jpg.bf6ea24e43d489d17b89dba3c2566fe0.jpgIMG_20190113_125710925.thumb.jpg.37a9ea961c4000c2170d2dffe17ce430.jpg 

Here are the programmable spotlight racks.  Lots of gee-whiz stuff can be done with these motorized bad boys, but for now, they are not using them much.  They've been lighting up the guys in a line at anthem time, and also a few effect here and there.  The one caught below is during a goal celebration.

IMG_20190113_125653526.thumb.jpg.01830497e6e238fce94f4ca123eb7c1f.jpgIMG_20190113_135229154.thumb.jpg.e33fa965f4f38c6bbf490d2d435f7a0a.jpg

Still reading the instruction manual.

19 minutes ago, caniac6 said:

Spend money on players. Who cares about DJs, projectors, scoreboards,ect.

Let's watch the game at RCI with elite players then.  😜

If someone (our owner) is going to bring up fan experience, then I'm going to comment on it.  I care, OK?  Of course, I care more about the play, that's for sure.

Edited by wxray1

30 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

Let's watch the game at RCI with elite players then.  😜

If someone (our owner) is going to bring up fan experience, then I'm going to comment on it.  I care, OK?  Of course, I care more about the play, that's for sure.

I care too, thanks for the info wxray.  I was at the game today as well and noticed the 48 star flag, which I thought a little strange.  Like slapshot02 said, they probably still need to read the instruction manual. 

What a run. This team just keeps rolling. 

One of the things that makes it tough to climb the mountain is the number of teams you have to climb. Well these guys mowed that down in this run. There is now a space opening between us and those behind us even as we close points ahead of us. 

If we beat NYR in two days, we will put them 8 points back and at a goal diff of -29, it's hard to see them making a surge. Heck, they openly told their fans their not really trying to win now. Florida is 7 back of us with 2 magic beans. But again, -18, 4-4-2 last 10, no real signs of a big surge. And it just gets worse for teams below them. 

It really looks to me like 4 teams will be going for those last two Wild Card spots:

Carolina, Montreal, Buffalo, and the NYI. 

Until we get into a playoff spot, it's hard to pick us, but I can say that none of the other three teams are scary. All 3 of those teams have been overachieving what would have been thought for them in pre season. Montreal gutted itself and the NYI had about the same record with Tavares. How are they doing this? Can they sustain it? Buffalo has to be well ahead of it's own projections for itself. They are loaded for the future, but this year? Maybe they're coming back to Earth a bit? 

It would be bitterly ironic if the Skinner trade was the thing that put Buffalo just over the line ahead of us, but I'm going for it doesn't. 

If we can pass over that line and get in with magic beans in the right direction, I like our chance vs those teams.

• Like 1

Canes just have to keep up a 2 out of 3 win average.  At this point, doesn't matter what anyone else does.

Not going to be easy, but a few teams in recent years have had these kind of turn arounds.  It can happen.

Ladies and Gents Aho has arrived. We've been waiting on a super star for a long time since arguably prime E Staal not lazy E Staal. Mayb even before him.  This dude is legit and can clearly shows his chops are on par with the best in the league IMO. He's a game changer. I told Mrs Sleek I think he has the best raw talent set and size I think I've seen a Cane have.

• Like 4

Yes Sleek. True that. It's funny because one of the nice things about watching a game you already know Aho dominated was listening to John and Trip talk him up before the game and early, before he scored. "Will Sebastian Aho continue this?" To which I could honestly reply to the TV: "just wait and see."

5 goals and 6 points in......TWO games? 

He is 1.13 points per game on pace for 93 points. 

He is #19 in the league in points and ahead of such names as Malkin, Panarin, Tavares, Ovechkin, Eichel, Backstrom, and many more. 

Looking ahead...anyone else watching the Flames recently?  They’re the highest scoring team in the third with 60 goals...and they’re currently up 7-1 on the Yotes.  This is the SIXTH time this season they’ve put 7 on the board.

Yah...that’s gonna be a hell of a game on the 22nd.

Some of you are really having your head turned by the pretty woman walking by.  While this has been great to see, I'll wait a bit longer before I start planning the parade. I've let myself be disappointed by this group on a regular basis for a decade now.  I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, but the team is still on the outside looking in.

As to coastal's comment about the building.  I was there for the Friday Buffalo game, and he is right.  There is a buzz in the building that I haven't heard in a long time.  It was a good sized crowd, even if 1/3 of them were of the enemy nature.  Canes fans shut them down, and the Wooo's were plentiful.   The recent crowds prove that this area will support a good on ice product.  Also as coastal said, Tom, don't kick us in the cods.  We have a couple of players that need to be paid.  There is a trade or two that needs to be made.  Get a crowbar out and py open that checkbook.

Edited by super_dave_1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, super_dave_1 said:

Some of you are really having your head turned by the pretty woman walking by. 

While I agree with this statement. The flipside also applies where a single incident brings out the naysayers in droves.  Just basic human nature.

• Like 1