The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

In-Season 2018-2019

I hate the “Storm Surge.”

For me it’s one of the few negatives of an otherwise encouraging and entertaining season.

Cherry is a 🦕 with poor taste in clothes. I still maintain our cellies are fun for players and fans.  They are harmless and do not disrespect other teams. Haters are always going to hate. We are a small market team in the south so we don’t count in their eyes. 

34 minutes ago, coffeedawgs said:

Well Don Cherry.  I thought it was only jerks who dressed like that.  Just like another poster said 'F him'

Kind of hard to take anyone who dresses like a clown seriously.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kyrule said:

I hate the “Storm Surge.”

For me it’s one of the few negatives of an otherwise encouraging and entertaining season.

I ain’t a fan either but many are. To each their own. It should not steal a second of your joy.

• Like 1

So the fashion challenged Don Cherry doesn't like the storm surge. La Di Da, La Di Da. I loved when he made reference that the Canes shouldn't carry the surge into the playoffs. Imagine that, this Canadian Purveyor of bombast mentioning the Hurricanes and playoffs in the same sentence. When is the last time that happened. So when he said,they still aren't drawing I say somebody is watching and I think it is you Don Cherry.

• Like 1

Guys, the Don is paid to spout off stuff like that...the only team he doesn’t pick on unless it’s absolutely necessary is the B’s.   Notice how we’ve been doing this for months now, and he just now decided to address it?  That tells me that we’re finally returning to relevancy in the league again...when’s the last time that happened?

I, for one, love Don Cherry, and make it a point to watch CC every week if possible (mostly to see what he’s wearing and Ron’s snarky comments about it)...but I vehemently disagree with his assessment.  We obviously don’t have a team of jerks...and I’ll take just about anything that celebrates a victory and keeps fans in the stands.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Btw, I still want Lindholm pounded into the rink next year when Calgary comes to town 

He can be the on ice proxy for Brian Burke and Don Cherry. 

• Like 1

Petr Mrazek played the best i've seen him  all season long  last night  but i have to say  if he could tone down on  trying to over commit  on some shots   i believe he will have a lot more shutouts  for this team .   the canes were extremely  fortunate none of the dalas stars   when given a golden goose   had the patients or  skill  to roof  their shots  a bit when mrazek was  down   and  there were a few times   dalas could have scored  if seguin or  rad   were taking the shots instead .      also i noticed the canes looked completely  drained  out there   and seeing them ice the puck so many times is not reassuring  .   like i said last night   march will be the canes toughest schedule  for the season and  the teams they will be facing are not going to play the canes like a trap game   , they are going to be going all out   and i worry  if the canes don't improve their play soon it's going to bite them hard .     it's great the canes  have managed to pull off what they have so far  but i dont see this team playing the way they do is going to help them  against teams  that know how to capitalize  .   they need to work on  skating with the puck  more   and better passes  and not get boxed out in the corners so much  and they need to stop trying to  cheat  by dumping the puck mid ice in their  own zone  by going for  a line change .   the canes are  getting their wins  but  you cant ride this gravy train with this style  of play against teams   higher in the standings ! 

Edited by Canesfanforever

I’ve grown to like the Storm Surge.  I have an interesting perspective as I’m a Minnesota Vikings fan too.  A few years ago, I attended the Vikings home game where they first did the Skol Clap and the Vikings have had some of the NFL’s most creative TD celebrations in the past couple seasons, including two used recently by the Canes, Duck-Duck-Goose (or Duck-Duck-Gray Duck as the game is known in Minnesota) and the Limbo that the Canes did last night.

I asked Little Storm, a big Vikes fan like her dad, what’s the best celebration the Vikings have done that the Canes haven’t used yet.  She thought for a second and said, “Leap Frog!!!”  

Yikes, on ice with skates, probably not a good one for the Canes to copy...! 😱😜😂😂

Well thanks for nothing NYR. They were tied and had a 4 minute PP, got nothing, gave up a quick goal and now another one, edit, and another. 6-3. Well it was fun while it lasted.

51 minutes ago, remkin said:

Well thanks for nothing NYR. They were tied and had a 4 minute PP, got nothing, gave up a quick goal and now another one, edit, and another. 6-3. Well it was fun while it lasted.

Meh...you knew the Evil Empire would respond.

It would be awesome if we make it and they don’t 

Stinks  that Pittspuke won but we have to just keep winning. Lots of teams we are close to in standings. I will continue score boarding my tail off while I cheer hard for our boys to keep the points rolling. 

• Like 1

Well that was quick. Another reason to hate the Rags.

And CFF, no offense, but the big city in Texas is Dallas. 2 Ls. Autocorrect screws me up all the time. You’d think it could have caught that misspelling once in 25 tries.

• Like 1

Being first under the line at present leads me to this wish list. I think more important than expecting teams we know aren't going to lose every time out, is seeing the separation hold steady or even grow for the teams below.(currently 5 points) That reduces the equation to one of only one team ultimately out of the mix as things get close to the end. It also reduces the factor and impact of teams below you winning against the team or teams you need to lose, and eliminates games where you need both to lose(haha), not to mention the DREADED 3 point games that usually increase in the homestretch. With the metro separation of only 3 points from 2nd to 5th, it is likely the standings will change nightly depending on game times and results, and in the end, realistically and mathematically, the less amount of teams playing for the spots, THE BETTER.

Edited by 2ndsacker

"Bunch of Jerks" t-shirts will be available at The Eye later this week !! I love to be part of a fan base that has a sense of humor. Keep it up boys, hockey is fun again.

• Like 3

FB_IMG_1550441967143.jpg

From someone else's phone lol

If TD wants to cash in they should get them online cause hockey fans who hate Don Cherry are expressing interest.

Edited by legend-1
  • Like 3