Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

In-Season 2018-2019

Recommended Posts

We're getting a lot of play on this on the NHL Network. Hockey Central Radio is talking about it and called Grapes a Villain!

 

Edited by hopper915
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What could have made "The Bunch of Jerks" shirts even more in the face of the hockey curmudgeons, would be to donate some or all of the $$ from sales to the Kid's and Community Foundation. That would shut them up !!!!  It would demonstrate what a class organization we are, and I'm sure that the team would sell even more shirts.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OBXer said:

We interrupt this thread to bring you team news

3 hours ago, OBXer said:

Brind’Amour not sure when Staal will return but says soon

Do we really have to let him play?????????😣

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hopper915 said:

We're getting a lot of play on this on the NHL Network. Hockey Central Radio is talking about it and called Grapes a Villain!

 

Listened to it on the drive from DFW to OKC this afternoon...Barnaby said that he doesn’t like the Surge, but it’s not hurting anyone and the real jerk is the Don.

 

Still love the Don, but he was clearly wrong with this one...and I am loving the trolling he’s receiving.  But apparently, there are snowflakes hounding the CBC and HNIC offices calling for his head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Listened to it on the drive from DFW to OKC this afternoon...Barnaby said that he doesn’t like the Surge, but it’s not hurting anyone and the real jerk is the Don.

 

Still love the Don, but he was clearly wrong with this one...and I am loving the trolling he’s receiving.  But apparently, there are snowflakes hounding the CBC and HNIC offices calling for his head.

Good, because he's long since been addled? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

But apparently, there are snowflakes hounding the CBC and HNIC offices calling for his head.

Yeah, that's just silly. They can't take what he ain't got one of.

 

DC is an idiot. Professionally. He knows exactly what he's doing.

 

Barring slurs for which any announcer would get *edit* canned, he'll be buried with his mic--and continue doing his show from The Great Beyond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Yeah, that's just silly. They can't take what he ain't got one of.

 

DC is an idiot. Professionally. He knows exactly what he's doing.

 

Barring slurs for which any announcer would get *edit* canned, he'll be buried with his mic--and continue doing his show from The Great Beyond.

They owe that man a state funeral up there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Or a state hospital.

Hedley: “This is the bill that’ll convert the state hospital for the insane into the William J. Lepetomane Memorial Gambling Casino for the Insane.”
Lepetomane: “Gentlemen, this bill will be a giant step forward in the treatment of the insane gambler.”

 

HARUMPH!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Hedley: “This is the bill that’ll convert the state hospital for the insane into the William J. Lepetomane Memorial Gambling Casino for the Insane.”
Lepetomane: “Gentlemen, this bill will be a giant step forward in the treatment of the insane gambler.”

 

HARUMPH!

 

"I didn't get a 'harrumph' outta that guy...."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually like, or am at least usually amused by, Don Cherry—though I tend to like brazen, slightly crazy analysts (I’m going to miss Johnny Miller as a golf analyst, for example.  Man, did he know how to tick off PGA players with his commentary!). I suspect, like he did when he lost the bet and had to wear Mike Commodore’s robe in 2006, we may see Mr. Cherry don a “bunch of jerks” t-shirt if the Canes can hold up their end of the bargain.  More incentive for the chase!  Whatever it takes!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mrs AWACS and myself were discussing this on the drive today...we think this could be THE galvanizing “us vs the world” moment this team needs to make a serious push and finally return to sustained relevancy 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still doesn't matter what everyone else does as long as the Canes do what they need to do.  That said, Columbus is having one of their magic beans tonight and currently losing 2-0 to the Bolts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, I'm 76 years old, and as old school as anyone on here. Don Cherry is a pompous rear end of a donkey, and I say Screw the establishment. Like Brindy, this is for US and the team. Why anyone would criticize is beyond me, I mean, this is a game pure and simple. It pales in comparison with the Real World, with people fighting poverty, cancer and terrorism, so get a gripe. Some clown sitting on his make believe throne, dressed in outfits that circus clowns would be ashamed to wear, or some pompous a*# who thinks he's relevant in this world criticizing our celebrations, are the real JERKS. Wish this team could either shove up their, or down their opposite ends? And that's all I want to say about that.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

Still doesn't matter what everyone else does as long as the Canes do what they need to do.  That said, Columbus is having one of their magic beans tonight and currently losing 2-0 to the Bolts.

Stamkos just ripped one, 3-0 after 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend of mine suggests that the next celebration involves the team making wild jackets jackets part of it.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...