The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

In-Season 2018-2019

People can say whatever they want about Cherry, and most of it is warranted. But you can't argue with his coaching record in Boston.

Of course, that entire town is insane, so it was a match made in heaven... 

• Like 2

Well we are trolling heavily now.  Us against the world.   The kings of controversy.  Oh what a great time it is to be a Canes fan.  I of all people approve.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

Well we are trolling heavily now.  Us against the world.   The kings of controversy.  Oh what a great time it is to be a Canes fan.  I of all people approve.

Well at least you finally admitted it.

• Like 3

A great night for scoreboard watching coming up.. a chance to leap past two teams in the Metro, push Buffalo farther away, and stay within one of the Canadiens.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caniac-1-1 said:

A great night for scoreboard watching coming up.. a chance to leap past two teams in the Metro, push Buffalo farther away, and stay within one of the Canadiens.  

Best thing about tonight is that CBJ and MTL can't both win.  I'll take a win in either direction as long as it's in regulation.  Jerks have to beat the Rags, though, of course.

19 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

Best thing about tonight is that CBJ and MTL can't both win.  I'll take a win in either direction as long as it's in regulation.  Jerks have to beat the Rags, though, of course.

Either way its good but I would rather the BJ's lose because we are chasing them for a chance at 2 spots (1 division, 1 wildcard) that and I have more faith in Columbus making the playoffs then the Habs. The BJ's may never get very far but they make it a lot. 

10 hours ago, bluedevil58 said:

Who are you, and what have you done with db58?

• Like 1

TD dropped 250 mil to save the AAF. Are the Canes and a football league his midlife crisis? Chances of him getting his moolah back on that near flop of a league seem unbelievably slim. How about buying Aho a friend? Raleigh will at least pay you back in attendance.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/19/aaf-money-problems-tom-dundon-investment

2 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

TD dropped 250 mil to save the AAF. Are the Canes and a football league his midlife crisis? Chances of him getting his moolah back on that near flop of a league seem unbelievably slim. How about buying Aho a friend? Raleigh will at least pay you back in attendance.

Yeah when I read the article this morning my immediate question was why can't we sign Ferland?

• Like 2

Just now, legend-1 said:

Had just read that too legend, WTH? Don't know how to factor that into this team's well being, but as you say, Why could't that be used for some type of trade? Tax write-off or something?

17 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

Yeah when I read the article this morning my immediate question was why can't we sign Ferland?

Exact same thing I thought.  No way there is any ROI on the $250M he just threw away.  That league is doomed to die.

While I’m no rocket surgeon, dropping $250M on a startup football league when the Canes are spending at the bottom of the pile is...disturbing to a Canes fan.  Startup football leagues are historical losers. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

What the heck?  We are still dead last in terms of team salary and I see he just dropped 250M on another team.....

SAD.

It was an entire league.  He’s already added money with more to come 

lowest pay role and he drops 250M on a league that will fail.  Meanwhile, a pro team that he owns has the lowest salary cap and is on the fringe of making it to the playoffs.

I just find it odd, not so much angering. Next offseason's probably his first real offseason where he can shove cash down throats. What I find odd is his concern of the Canes losing 15 mil a year, but drops 250 mil on a venture that's quickly going tits up.

I think this shows he'll spend money on things he wants to work, but it also shows he might be an idiot with his money as well. Which all things Canes considered, doesn't seem like how he operates? So, yea I stick with odd.

1 hour ago, cclifford10 said:

I'm not sure why people are saying TD isn't willing to spend money on the canes.  Who has he not paid at this point?

Sort of agree...deals for Ferland, Aho, others may fall into place—just have to assume they’ll happen, until they don’t.  However, this AAF move just makes me nervous, like he’s a kid easily distracted by a shiny new thing.  Hopefully, he remembers the Canes and doesn’t ignore them like a bunch of jerks... er, you know what I mean. 😄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bluedevil58 said:

What the heck?  We are still dead last in terms of team salary and I see he just dropped 250M on another team.....

SAD.

Big difference between his personal cash vs. spending against the CAP  He can do whatever he wants with his money, paying players comes out of the organization's money.  He is not the sole owner of this team.  Apples meet oranges.

5 hours ago, super_dave_1 said:

While I’m no rocket surgeon, dropping $250M on a startup football league when the Canes are spending at the bottom of the pile is...disturbing to a Canes fan.  Startup football leagues are historical losers. 

Maybe but with the way the nfl is going who knows

5 hours ago, super_dave_1 said:

24 minutes ago, cc said:

Maybe but with the way the nfl is going who knows

Unlike some of those other football leagues, the AAF has no desire to compete head-on with the NFL.  It’s clear intention is to become a developmental league for the NFL.  If the league can survive for a couple season where the NFL signs some sort of agreement with them, it will go a long way toward making the AAF to the NFL like the AHL is to the NHL...and, potentially, a good investment.

I actually watched bits and pieces of a few of the AAF games, the quality of the play wasn’t bad and the TV production values were very good.  I like some of the rule changes too.  One rule change I’d like to see in the NHL is the AAF has a “Sky Judge” that serves a couple of functions, one is as the replay official—the big difference is the TV viewer actually gets to listen in on the conversations as the replay is being viewed and decided upon.  I would love to listen in on what the NHL officials and Toronto are talking about when it comes to goalie interference challenges, for example.