The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Checkers Talk 2018/19 Season

3 minutes ago, Bonivan said:

Pass was great but there were no other players of the opposite team there.

Well there was the guy on him. But if there were someone covering Carrick then he wouldn't have made the pass. 

12 minutes ago

[NEWS] Martin Necas named CCM/AHL Player of the Week

the rookie forward matched a franchise record with four assists and helped the Checkers erase a two-goal deficit to roll over Hartford 7-4 on Friday, then followed that up with three more helpers the next night – including setting up the overtime winner

• Like 2

Hmmm. Some thoughts. First, not a bad idea if they can que it up fast enough.

Ned has a goal song. I'm assuming it's in case he gets an empty netter, not if they score.

especially since it's "I Like It, I Love It" (I want some more of it) better not be after they score!

Kuok: Video Killed the Radio Star: interesting choice.

Gauthier: It's Raining Men? It is an upbeat build up of a song, but the lyrics? Well, "It's Raining Men, Hallelujah"

Cliff Pu: Gangam Style. Nice. 

And the anti goal song: Dennis Roberston: God's Gonna Cut You Down, Johny Cash. 

Its raining men?!?!?!?  BWHAHAHA did he choose something because he didnt like the idea so he made it ridiculous?  

Kuok's is an interesting choice, not overly uplifting.

Worse choice is American Bad***  Kid Rock is hot garbage

Checkers win again 3-2 over Hartford.

Necas, Roy, Maenalenan scored

Roy, Saarela, Bean, Poturalski, Cajkovsky, and Schlikey with assists 

Ned stopped 27 of 29.  

Necas’ goal was the teddy bear goal.

Charlotte is up 7 points in the division and leads the league by .064 percentage points (Rochester).

Edited by gocanes0506

36 minutes ago, Caniac514 said:

mmmm.... what does that mean? :couch:

They do this toy drive at the Charlotte game when fans bring in a teddy bear.  The fans pick which goal they throw the bears on the ice to donate to a cause.  They picked the Necas goal for anyone keeping score at home. 

• Like 2

Utica scored 2 straight, Checkers scored 3 straight to take the lead, Utica scored with 54 seconds, Utica won in OT.

Saarela scored again 

Geekie scored for the 2nd straight game.  Good for him to get going again after the lengthy drought.

Bean got 1 goal, 2 assists.

Based on the CC recap Ned didn’t help himself. He was out of position for the game tying goal.  Ned passed it to a Comet in a clearing attempt that led to the GWG. 

Edited by gocanes0506

• Like 1

3-1 win over Bridgeport.  5-on-3 PP led to 2 goals in 28 seconds after almost 49 minutes of scoreless hockey, first from Roy and second from Geekie.  Poturalski looked rough most of the night but did manage an assist on one of the PPGs and then managed an empty-netter after trying his damnedest to miss it.  No Necas as he plays for his country.  Bishop was easily the best player on the ice, despite no points to show for it - i'm still scratching my head over why a healthy Staal means Bishop is sent back to Charlotte instead of Rask being sat in the pressbox, but i don't get paid the big bucks to make these decisions.  Kuokkanen was pedestrian.  Gauthier looked better tonight but still wasn't a game-changer.  Outside of Carrick and McKeown, the defense was meh.  Wesley didn't play, which was disappointing because last game i saw, he was the best defenseman the Chex had.  And no Didier, who really impressed me last season.  Nedl played, which is probably why Bridgeport only scored 1.  Quiet game, all told.

Thanks for the update Realm. I'm still starting to think I'd rather have my season tickets in Charlotte. I do live about 3.5 hours away on a good day, so there's that, but otherwise: cheaper, better product. Winners.

23 minutes ago, remkin said:

Thanks for the update Realm. I'm still starting to think I'd rather have my season tickets in Charlotte. I do live about 3.5 hours away on a good day, so there's that, but otherwise: cheaper, better product. Winners.

You know what else?  In Charlotte, it's louder when the Checkers score than when the opposition scores.  Somehow that's... comforting...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bonivan said:

Necas got an assist in a OT win against Swiss on WJC.

I really want to see Necas just bust this tourney open.

3 minutes ago, remkin said:

I really want to see Necas just bust this tourney open.

I think if he settles in to his game he's going to be really stand-out, I considered last night a "feeler" game. 

9 minutes ago, Beaufort12plus said:

I think if he settles in to his game he's going to be really stand-out, I considered last night a "feeler" game. 

He lead the tournament in points last year. He's gotten bigger and better, played NHL games and is starting to put points up in bunches in the AHL. And he's again playing with Zadina (I assume they're on the same line?). So at least that line should be pretty hard to stop. 

4 minutes ago, remkin said:

He lead the tournament in points last year. He's gotten bigger and better, played NHL games and is starting to put points up in bunches in the AHL. And he's again playing with Zadina (I assume they're on the same line?). So at least that line should be pretty hard to stop. 

I can't remember if they were on the same line or not, I had it on in the background while I was doing stuff around the house. I know that beyond Necas, Zadina, and Chytil they do not have a ton of depth for forwards. 

3 minutes ago, remkin said:

Holy Smorrebrod! Canada pasted Denmark 14-0. Maybe they need a mercy rule.

I didn't stay up to watch the game but saw the highlights this morning, oof. 

Oh and just saw that Necas was named Captain. That will be a good experience for him too.

DvSYdKwWwAEQ7-d.jpg
Hokejový nároďákVerified account @narodnitym
👥 | Určeno, kapitánem #U20CZE bude Martin Nečas, asistenty pak Martin Kaut a Jakub Galvas ! 👌 Kluci, budeme držet palce 🇨🇿#narodnitym #WorldJuniors
3 replies19 retweets163 likes