The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Florida Everblades 2018/19 Season

I found this from the Naples Daily News

Everblades president and general manager Craig Brush announced the club has made a switch

Everblades owner Peter Karmanos was the majority owner of the Hurricanes until selling controlling interest of Carolina a year ago.

"The relationship with Carolina has been great for all of those years," Brush said by phone Friday. "The common denominator is Peter Karmanos. As Pete takes a back seat, things are just not the same, obviously. That caused us to kind of want to look at the market."

I would guess with PK being the owner, he put more money into it when troubles came around.  TD looked at the bottom line and told them to be more self sufficient. 

Edited by gocanes0506

8 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

I would guess with PK being the owner, he put more money into it when troubles came around.  TD looked at the bottom line and told them to be more self sufficient. 

I'm not exactly sure what "things are not the same" means. Obviously something changed in the relationship.