The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
AWACSooner

Canes @ BJ's; Friday 5 October, 7 pm EDT

First off, to Mr. Tim Peel:

Image result for you suck!

That being said...

Image result for stormy carolina hurricanes   vs Image result for columbus blue jackets cannon mascot

Nationwide Arena; Columbus, Ohio...Friday, 5 October, 2018, 7 PM EDT

Here's hoping this is our Captain walking into the arena tonight:

Image result for i have come here to chew bubblegum gif

Of course, we will still be without the services of Victor Rask, who is recovering from his latest round of playing "Swedish Chef."
giphy.gif

And of course, we're without our favorite punching bag from last season...get well soon Mongo.

Image result for mongo like candy gif

Speaking of explosions, we need jusssssssssssssssssssst a bit more offensive explosions compared to last night...as it was a complete and utter dud (the SOG's and goalposts notwithstanding)...and we need exactly ZERO of THIS type of explosion:

Image result for blue jackets cannon gif

Mr. McElhinney, the net is yours...go forth and get us our first W of the season!

Edited by AWACSooner
  • Like 1

lines need to be altered for this game:

Ferland-Aho-Turbo (just shoot the puck Aho)

Foegele-Staal-Svech

McGinn-Wallmark-Williams

Martinook-Necas-Zykov

Wallmark line would take more scoring line defense responsibilities.  I am not fan of Svech on Staal's line but Staal did generate offense last night and Svech needs a solid center next to him, we don't have many choices there. I play Z primarily on the PP with sporadic minutes on a line.  Park Z's rear in front of the net for all 2 minutes of the net until his back is bruised. As the game progresses give Turbo, Aho, and Svech rotations as Necas' RW.

PP1- Svech, Z, Aho, Faulk, Hamilton

PP2- Turbo, Necas, Williams, Z, Slavin 

Edited by gocanes0506

What will be interesting is whether Rod does or doesn't do anything. 46 shots with 4 ring dinger posts might be enough to get a guy to try the same lines again at least at first.

I can certainly see how Mrazek might give you gold one game and crap the next. Easily could have been 4-1 Isles, beyond easily.....like 2 goals plucked by defense from the goal line easily and that ridiculous no mans land sequence where I dunno what the hell he was defending but it was no longer the goal.

9 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

I'd like to see more Hamilton on the PP.

Nearest explanation for this was on the aftermath... Rod wants to do the 4 forwards thing.

I happen to agree with you.  If your team strength is defense why go with 4 forwards, you are taking one of your strength out of the equation.

I would even swap out Faulk and put in Dougie if stubborn about the 4 forwards thing.  The 2 D we used were Slavin and Faulk.  I wonder if Dougie had some sort of ailment, health or otherwise.

13 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

I'd like to see more Hamilton on the PP.

I'll have one of those too.

During preseason, we had Hamilton and Faulk on a unit. I was hoping to see some shins bruised from the point

Edited by super_dave_1
  • Like 1

I'm in agreement in wanting to see more Hamilton on the PP, but as far as general talk about hoping HCRB switched up the lines, just say no.  Of course i don't want him to stick with lines that clearly aren't working, but i'm really hoping for a blender-free season.  I liked a lot about Peters, but his impatience with lines was to another extreme.  I was going to say something else at this point, but i decided to go with another two-thought sentence separated by a 'but' because if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

This is the beauty of GDT starters. We opened with a masterpiece, and follow up with a perfect antidote of different funny. We really need GDT starters. Please sign up!!!! Just click on the image below:

For tonight, one thing the coach said when asked about Svech was "I need to get him out there more". So one could expect Svech on a top 9 line. 

And I'd like to see Fleury in too. Don't want him constantly drawing the press box.

Hard to make much of last night's game. I think it could be interpreted in the light of the result tonight. If we win it will be all good. So let's win.

23 minutes ago, remkin said:

And I'd like to see Fleury in too. Don't want him constantly drawing the press box.

This is why i was disappointed Caj Tchaikovsky was sent down instead of Fleury.  I don't want Fleury in the press box either, but as much as i want him to, i don't think he's earned a regular spot in Raleigh yet, even over TVR on his off-side (which i've gone on record as saying i don't think is an issue anyway - i preferred playing LD in my disorganized amateur games despite being right-handed).  Let him season in Charlotte a little longer, i think, and let Kov sit in the box get the occasional draw.

What we need tonight is gun control....please keep that cannon from going off tonight

The only cannons I want to see is Faulk and Hamilton shots from the blue line (on the PP please)

• Like 2

Brindy pre-game  AUDIO

Curtis McElhinney is Confirmed to start for the Carolina Hurricanes

Same lineup but lines not set

• Like 1

Whether you like the committee concept or not adding the "Uncle" to the committee for tonight's game is a far stretch............unless it works.

11 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

Still agitated about the result last night but moving on....tonight matters.

You and me both

• Like 1