The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Canesfanforever

Please let us keep him !

Seriously ?  The puppy that you bring home is cute. Then he will poop on your floor and eat your best slippers. How bout we wait until end of the season to assess. 

9 minutes ago, cc said:

Seriously ?  The puppy that you bring home is cute. Then he will poop on your floor and eat your best slippers. How bout we wait until end of the season to assess. 

Well, in fairness, we got one expensive dog that did all that last year, and he's still around

I think he's more concerned he'll go back on waivers to the Leafs when Darling's healthy. 

I think we'll hold onto 3 goalies in all it's awkwardness until we know whose our best options.

• Like 1

I think he was making about $850K, and is a UFA at the end of this season. I guess we are responsible only for the time he is on the roster. But, he is an inexpensive option to carry just in case the others don't perform well enough.

19 hours ago, Canesfanforever said:

Darling now has the weight of the world on his back .    We just might have our 2 goalies for the season  ! 

Let’s at least give Darling one game before we write him off. I loved McElhinney’s game last night, but it was just one game.

5 hours ago, legend-1 said:

I think he's more concerned he'll go back on waivers to the Leafs when Darling's healthy. 

I think we'll hold onto 3 goalies in all it's awkwardness until we know whose our best options.

Exactly. Eventually, it will probably become clear which 2 we hang onto.

If McE continues to shine and Darls doesnt perform, he would eat salary. Of course, hoping Darls does the job when he comes back.

If Mrakez takes the crease and McBackup plays well, I can certainly see Darling sent to Charlotte for a steady workload. I know they didn’t want to eat that salary in the AHL, but he’ll pass waivers where the other 2 won’t

Starter or not, yes, it's a small sample size, but at this point i have more confidence in McElhinney than i've had in any Canes goaltender since Ward in 2009.  I'm smitten.

Its a small sample size here, but its on the heels of a bigger sample size from last year. Then there's the eyeball test, and man did he pass that one.

The ole saying you have one chance at a first impression. No doubt McE nailed it, and the hockey fans around my house are still boasting about that performance... When was the last time you could just savor a Canes win like this one....Outstanding!!

On 10/6/2018 at 3:35 PM, Bing_Chow said:

Let's not get over our heads. If he goes, say, 8-2-2 by xmas then you can make a solid case. 

Well hes now 7-2-0.  Case has been made.  Just dont get overzealous.