The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes0506

Canes vs Rangers 10/7/18

aho.png.60356b7665aabc39ddb7421b6003b004.png          VS     imagesZH5R16CX.jpg.eb1d5c86cfcabf5dd94bed2fab3c9eb0.jpg

Carolina Hurricanes 1-0-1                                                                                       NY Rangers 0-2-0

The Canes face another NY team that on paper they should beat.  The Rangers lost game 1 against Nashville 3-2 and game 2 against Buffalo 3-1

It too early in the season to bust out advance stats.

Things to know about the Rangers:

They don't have one line to key on.  They are deep at center and every line has a chance to score

Their defense is weak but they still have the aging Lundqvist back there making big stops back there

They played last night in Buffalo so energy level will be key

Neither loss was a beating. Buffalo got the 3rd goal from a empty netter

Rangers Back-up goalie:

Alexander Georgiev.  He is 22 had a 4-4-1 3.15 GAA .918 Sv percentage last season.  Cant read how he will do this season.

Keys to the game:

Getting on the Scoreboad early, we should see the backup today.

Playing with more energy throughout the game, exploit that they played last night

No Penalties- NYR has two close losses, don't give them an opportunity to stay in the game

Mrazek vs Georgiev

Edited by gocanes0506
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Any hint from the MAN if BigMac starts again?

Haven’t seen anything come across social media yet

Edited by gocanes0506

21 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Any hint from the MAN if BigMac starts again?

I don't think he deviates from the plan, which was Dude #1 in games 1 & 3 and Dude #2 in game 2.  Mac won me over, but while Mrazek didn't get the win and had to be bailed out a couple times, he didn't crap the bed and he did keep the team in the game.  I think he gets the chance to respond to what Mac laid down Friday night.  Again, though, i'm just a punter on a message board and i haven't seen anything one way or the other, and i fully expect HCRB has a better read on things than i do, so if he goes with Mac, i'm all in.

• Like 1

McE  certainly earned the crease but I would start Mrazek. I think it is a little early to anoint a starting goalkeeper. I also think there is a plan in place to test goalies before a decision. Mrazek played well in the first game. Not as well or as exciting as McE but steady. I sure don't want to shake Mrazek's confidence 3 game in. But that's what I would do. Brindy may have a different take on his goalies and McE certainly earned another start.

Rangers will be salty tonight after losing to the Sabres last night 3-1, and are 0-2 to start the season.

Time to continue all the good feelings tonight. 60 minute effort. I'm good with either goalie playing.

Edited by hopper915

The nice thing about the pace we push is that it should help combat let down games. Though the Rangers are back to back, we're 3 games in 4 nights also, which is still tough but they are too, so we should have an edge. Though it's very early in the season, so we should still be pretty fresh. This is just based on a general sense, but I think we've struggled in early Sunday starts historically. Still, 5PM is not as bad as 1PM. 

It will be tough for a coach not to go back to a guy who laid down that performance in goal last time. But it wasn't a shut out, so who knows? I guess Mrazek would get the edge in terms of the big picture, and bring McE back in two days, but I really have no clue who he'll pick. I'm far more comfortable with McE, but we shall see.

It will be interesting to see the jersey's on the whole team. We've done well in black. 

I want to see Fleury in there. 

How great would an early year winning streak be? Not to look too far ahead, but we've got a tough trifecta road trip coming up vs Minnesota, Winnipeg, and Tampa, so getting a couple of W's in the next two would be a good idea.

Stay the course. Keep doing what you been and we will get better at it. I think this will be big Aho game. Rotate goalies until there is a reason not too. 

• Like 1

Here's the projected lineup for the Hurricanes.

Forwards

Ferland-Aho-Teravainen
Foegele-Staal-Williams
McGinn-Necas-Di Giuseppe
Martinook-Wallmark-Svechnikov

Defense

Slavin-Hamilton
de Haan-Faulk
van Riemsdyk-Pesce

Goalies

Mrazek

big change is PDG for big Z

Home page preview

Edited by gocanes0506

1 minute ago, Bonivan said:

Was outside of US for couple of months and missed all the fun. Was Z that bad in first 3 games?

I don’t think he was bad just barely noticeable.  

Rod: I don’t buy the “well they played last night” excuse, I always felt I played better in the second game of the back to back.

Thats why you’re a total bad***!

• Like 1

Don't know if it's my TV or someone needs to check their camera settings. Watching the pregame and when they showed the logos with the ice surface in the background, everything looked pink. I thought maybe it was breast cancer awareness or something for a minute.