The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
super_dave_1

GDT Canucks at Canes 10/9

20 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

I think I'd rather have Greg McKegg up here vs PDG.  If he continues this trend, he won't be on the team much longer.

It was his birthday yesterday too. 2 penalties and got benched for the third. I would have liked to see a different story for PDG but that's sports for ya. May the best players make the lineup.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bing_Chow said:

It was his birthday yesterday too. 2 penalties and got benched for the third. I would have liked to see a different story for PDG but that's sports for ya. May the best players make the lineup.

PDG does nothing for me.  He looked to have potential at one point and he's had some decent games, but i think we've seen his ceiling.  I have dislike for him mind you, but if he never played another game for the Hurricanes, i wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, spyglass88 said:

After that hit on Foegele, I think Ferland took down Edler's number. We'll see what happens on Jan. 23rd.

I’ll be there...

PDG has never shown much in my opinion, and I thought his contract may have been an insurance policy.  Stick a for sale sign on him and trade him for “future considerations” as soon as there is a taker. 

• Like 3

I personally think PDG has value as a utility player who mostly watches from the press box but can sub in on short notice for banged up players, or guys who need some hammer time. We need a guy like that so that we don't need to press Charlotte guys into short term duty in the press box. If a guy is out for a stretch, then call up a yute and still use PDG the same way.

I have no problem with trading PDG, but he's cleared waivers before, I doubt he has any trade value.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ironman87 said:

Lots of room for improvement, but this is fun to watch!  And we are winning!.

4 days to tighten things up before playing MIN.  It would be nice to work on special team.  Because they have been anything but special.

More reason to bring back Zeke

• Like 2

4 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

I think I'd rather have Greg McKegg up here vs PDG.  If he continues this trend, he won't be on the team much longer.

Plus he has a left hand shot.

4 hours ago, realmdrakkar said:

PDG does nothing for me.  He looked to have potential at one point and he's had some decent games, but i think we've seen his ceiling.  I have dislike for him mind you, but if he never played another game for the Hurricanes, i wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

I have always thought PDG brings nothing to the table and was very surprised he was resigned.

3 hours ago, canesfan06 said:

Y'all. Y'ALL.

We're banking October points. What is this life?

Get back to me after 20 games total

I guess I can share Foegle...but just a little.

Apparently Hamilton and Hanifin were just throw-ins as Ferland and Lindholm are off to great starts.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, remkin said:

I personally think PDG has value as a utility player who mostly watches from the press box but can sub in on short notice for banged up players, or guys who need some hammer time. We need a guy like that so that we don't need to press Charlotte guys into short term duty in the press box.

We've got guys with years in the pros who would salivate for the chance that PDG seems to take for granted. McKegg and Maenalanen are 26 and 24 respectively and both just signed here and have something to prove. PDG already tested the RFA waters, and no matter how often Tripp says he had a great camp, I can't fathom what he was looking at. 

I want guys who want to be here.

Edited by top-shelf-1
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyrule said:

I guess I can share Foegle...but just a little.

Apparently Hamilton and Hanifin were just throw-ins as Ferland and Lindholm are off to great starts.

Great to see Lindy land on his feet. I still believe he'll be a force in this league. I'm looking forward to seeing him when we play the Flames in January, and might just go to the Sunday afternoon game in Feb.

8 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

I think Roddy may already be done with him. The look on Roddy's face on the first penalty was like, "WTH?" but it was pure disgust on the second.

Edited by top-shelf-1

3 hours ago, canesfan06 said:

You can certainly feel this way, but I'm gonna enjoy it while it's happening :)

Did not say I was not enjoying it. Just knowing this lack of D will eat us eventually.