The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

In-season trades and player moves

I definitely do a 2nd for MoJo.  Give them a conditional pick (which ever of the two 2nds we have is a lower pick) or they can have the 2020 one with no conditions.

So this was the lineup against Dallas

Forwards

Niederreiter-Aho-Williams
Ferland-Staal-Teravainen
Svechnikov-Martinook-McGinn
McKegg-Wallmark-Foegele

Defense

Slavin-Hamilton
Pesce-Faulk
de Haan-van Riemsdyk

Goalies

McElhinney
Mrazek

Scratches: Maenalanen (healthy)

Where is the move on the big club.

I'm thinking if it is a  solid move we will give up picks and prospects. Maybe Fluery

3rd and 4th line moves maybe but the 4th line has been good, we won't give up Svech amd McGinn has been really good on the PK and energy shifts

Goalie move maybe only because they are both UFA but

The speculation is still the conversation

3 minutes ago, OBXer said:

I think Stone's price is way too high. Unless it drops I don't think he moves but maybe

I wonder if the Senator mess Stone up.  They ask for the moon, then scramble at 230 to get something.  Or do they lose him for nothing in the off-season.

I'd be completely cool with for him and then moving Ferland to recoup some of those futures.

Edited by gocanes0506

1 minute ago, gocanes0506 said:

I wonder if the Senator mess Stone up.  They ask for the moon, then scramble at 230 to get something.  Or do they lose him for nothing in the off-season.

My guess is they will drop the price but not by much

2 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Man a first and a prospect for Hayes.  One less suitor for Stone for sure.  

Rangers didn't retain salary either. I kept looking at Hayes as a potential move but I don't think we want to give up a first and of course Staal is back giving us some insurance at center.

1 minute ago, OBXer said:

Rangers didn't retain salary either. I kept looking at Hayes as a potential move but I don't think we want to give up a first and of course Staal is back giving us some insurance at center.

Im okay with moving a 2nd for because we have 2 for a rental to give us more depth.  No way I want to move a first for a rental at this point. 

• Like 2

Well this won't happen because we're going to win the cup😎

The conditional pick in the Kevin Hayes deal is a fourth-rounder if the Jets win the Stanley Cup. Otherwise no extra pick.

1 minute ago, OBXer said:

For us?

There is no way Columbus trades him if they're going for it this year.  Makes no sense.  Would like to have Bob here though.  Find it highly unlikely it will happen along with any move by us for that matter.  Could be wrong though.

4 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Some talk of Bobrovsky? I hope not.

I really doubt it. Ek just running with the tweets from TSN folks about us talking goal tenders.  Bob doesnt help as he is a rental. 

If Vegas wants Ferland, I could see Subban as a starter.  He is an upcoming RFA so, more control for us.

4 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

There is no way Columbus trades him if they're going for it this year.  Makes no sense.  Would like to have Bob here though.  Find it highly unlikely it will happen along with any move by us for that matter.  Could be wrong though.

They got Kincade and Bob is historically a different keeper (in a bad way) in playoffs.

• Like 1

I have to duck out for a while. Maybe when I get back on we will have a better idea what if anything we are going to do.

7 minutes ago, OBXer said:

I have to duck out for a while. Maybe when I get back on we will have a better idea what if anything we are going to do.

Waddell has a taped interview at 3 pm? what does that tell you? Just kidding!!!!!

18 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Waddell has a taped interview at 3 pm? what does that tell you? Just kidding!!!!!

It tells me that we are making a small move for Crosby.