The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

In-season trades and player moves

NYR getting calls on Lemieux pretty much as soon as he was acquired. Likely moves on the Rangers blue line with McQuaid and Claesson expected to go.

Winnipeg Jets continue to push on other adds. Simmonds? May not want to part with the assets. A more likely add is a depth defenceman.

Interested in Zucker.  Not surprised.  Has speed and skill.  Will take a ton to get him though because of the Rask trade.

Edited by gocanes0506

3 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Interested in Zucker.  Not surprised.  Has speed and skill.  Will take a ton to get him though because of the Rask trade.

Just read that? Left winger I believe, but not sure it would "take a ton"?? Maybe just have to take back Rask, haha.

Edited by KJUNKANE
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Just read that? Left winger I believe, but not sure it would "take a ton"?? Maybe just have to take back Rask, haha.

Zucker has 4 more years on his deal.  That term and his skill would require a significant haul.  Im sure they will not settle on anything from us after all the bad publicity they got with the Rask swap.

13 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Maybe a backup plan if they are anticipating losing Ferland. 

So if we were to get Zucker would we be moving Ferland? I heard Toronto is asking about Ferland again

1 minute ago, OBXer said:

So if we were to get Zucker would we be moving Ferland? I heard Toronto is asking about Ferland again

Perhaps a 3-Team deal could be made here. 

Pu to Florida for future considerations

Tomas Jurco from Florida coming to the Canes for future considerations. Probably going to Checkers.

Understand that both deals are separate and both are for future considerations.  Dont really understand it but what do I know.

Edited by gocanes0506

5 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Pu to Florida for future considerations

Tomas Jurco from Florida coming to the Canes for future considerations. Probably going to Checkers.

Understand that both deals are separate and both are for future considerations.  Dont really understand it but what do I know.

I guess that is why we sent Pu to the Everblades. Let the kitty kats have a look at him.

1 minute ago, AWACSooner said:

So we traded Skinner for a few picks and a washed up former Red Wing?

Jurco will come closer to replacing Skinner than Pu ever would have.  50 points in 201 NHL games isn't bad... maybe he'll be next year's Greg McKegg.  I don't see him helping the Canes this season, but the Chex need scoring and he has NHL experience.

• Like 4

Yes Jurco is going to Charlotte.  He is on a AHL contract only. That is why the two deals were done separately.  I guess you cannot trade an NHL contract (which Pu is on) for an AHL contract.  So they did the two deals separately but the future considerations will dissolve.

1 minute ago, realmdrakkar said:

I expect he's here to help the Chex, but you never know.

Yeah he going to Charlotte. Certainly  he would be 4th line on the Canes if needed. I was just thinking if we had an injury maybe we want someone with NHL experience.It is a curious move and I wonder if another move is being considered.

8 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

I expect he's here to help the Chex, but you never know.

That's what this guy thinks

17 minutes ago

There is the forward help that Charlotte needed. That could put a bunch of Canes prospects in a stronger position to get a long playoff run.

5 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Unless we sign Jurco to a 2 way deal, he is going to Charlotte.  He is on an AHL contract only.  Much like Schlikey in Charlotte.  

Yeah he is going to Charlotte. I would think we would want him on a two way just in case. But what do I know

10 minutes ago, OBXer said:

TSN calling this trade "Kinda Odd"

When in doubt state the obvious, I guess

Getting deep playoff experience for our AHL team, and Youngsters is not "odd". But then we're all a BOJs?

Edited by KJUNKANE