The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

In-season trades and player moves

Mark Stone agrees on terms with Vegas for around 9 million for 8 years. 

Glad we kept Ferland, hopefully we can reach a mini deal with him like we did with Martinook.

Edited by Sportsfan-1-2

Well at least we got to keep Ferland...otherwise we got PU! Well Jurco...

Can't believe we didn't give up a single draft pick for an NHL player...better hope the Pens or MTL fall apart. CBJ are probably not catchable now that they are all In.

6 minutes ago, sleekfeeder said:

Sure am glad we got Jurco. I was worried there for a little while. 

DW said we werent moving futures for rentals.  Unfortunately couldnt get Granlund done.

Just now, gocanes0506 said:

DW said we werent moving futures for rentals.  Unfortunately couldnt get Granlund done.

Didn't Francis say this last year right before he was promoted? I mean fired...

3 minutes ago, rocheccw said:

Well at least we got to keep Ferland...otherwise we got PU! Well Jurco...

Can't believe we didn't give up a single draft pick for an NHL player...better hope the Pens or MTL fall apart. CBJ are probably not catchable now that they are all In.

I’m going to laugh so hard if they end up missing the playoffs.  Columbus doesn’t have an easy schedule ahead of them, and I question if they made too many moves to mess up their chemistry.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PenaltyKiller17 said:

I’m going to laugh so hard if they end up missing the playoffs.  Columbus doesn’t have an easy schedule ahead of them, and I question if they made too many moves to mess up their chemistry.

This!!!

1 minute ago, PenaltyKiller17 said:

I agree, I have a feeling that's the main reason why the Hurricanes made no blockbuster trades.  Team chemistry.  The whole team is playing like a well oiled machine.  Don't want to mess that up.  Hopefully they can keep it up for the next twenty games to make the playoffs.

I have to sit back and digest this..............................ok. We like our group

• Like 3

We're the 3rd or 4th best team in the league Jan 1. Nino is clicking and we got Staal back too. So momentum carries forward, we could go deep.

But let's just focus on the Kings tomorrow. :)

1 minute ago

2nd round pick in 2019 and fourth-round pick in 2020 for Marcus Johansson, who moves from NJ to BOS, as first reported.

3 minutes ago

As per , Jets re-acquire Matt Hendricks from Minnesota for a 7th RD pick

7 minutes ago, rocheccw said:

Didn't Francis say this last year right before he was promoted? I mean fired...

he was let go because he wasnt cool with a group decision method.  And know he is in real estate.  

6 minutes ago, PenaltyKiller17 said:

Chemistry is one thing but true NHL talent is another. You got to have a good mix of both. It will be interesting to see how the team with chemistry(Canes) does vs the team with almost a new roster(CBJ)...CBJ will have a ton of NHL talent level depth.