The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

In-season trades and player moves

Well it is good news that the sky has not fallen on Fox, and I agree a mid first rounder or bust. 

To me the playoffs just make all Canes talk that much easier and sweeter!

40 minutes ago, super_dave_1 said:

Make the playoffs for the first time in a decade last night. Kvetch about Fox today.

and they say we can't multi-task. Another non traditional hockey market myth disproved.

• Like 2

Calgary was eliminated in a blowout to the Avs last night, and lost its series 4-1.  After its fast start and domination of the Western Conference, much was said about the Calgary/Carolina trade and coaching changes.

For the record, since Jan 1 the Canes have been the better team.  It isn't possible to make a definitive judgement on the trade, even now, because of ongoing variables, such as Fox's status and trade return value, Ferland's future, and Hamilton signing an extension.  

I do know, at least for me, that since the night Elias Lindholm dissed the Canes and their fans after the Storm Surge, I did not care how far they went.  The culture of the Canes locker room and fandom was forever changed for the better with the changes, and the future looks bright.