The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

In-season trades and player moves

53 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

PDG on waivers

I don't want to say I just called this in the Tampa GDT, just last night, but you got to admit that the timing is pretty cool. A bit lucky, but cool.

Let's just say I just wanted and excuse to use this emoji: :patself:.

OK, a broken clock is right twice a day...

OK, now that I'm done congratulating myself, let me engage in an equally admirable thing: tweaking the rumor mill.

We almost alway carry and extra forward, which PDG was. So are we making room for a pending Nylander move? :D

OK, OK, now that I have patted myself on the back and tweaked the rumor mill, if we don't make a big move, do we call someone up?

49 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

Whether it was PK or RF to blame that's not an old regime move for sure. One way contract guy being likely sent down? Awesome, if a yute's better then him which they likely are that's awesome and it didn't take 60 games to make a decision.

Get to see what some roster movement does for team morale/productivity this year rather then sit and guess what if's.

Dundon specifically said he'd pay someone NHL money to play in Charlotte if that would make the team better.  Good to see actions matching words.

5 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Dundon specifically said he'd pay someone NHL money to play in Charlotte if that would make the team better.  Good to see actions matching words.

He's one of m'boys, and I love his style, and I had a nice chat with his Dad on a cruise, who was very cool, and he's got a much longer leash than PDG, but McGinn might be next in line to follow PDG to waivers if he doesn't pick his game up. Again, not predicting him to go anywhere (unlike PDG), and he's nowhere near on that cusp yet, but he's not had a great start IMO.

PDG, on the other hand, may well be done. At least with the Canes NHL club. And that's assuming he clears. If he ends up in Charlotte, he's probably not on the short list for being called back. If I'm PDG I'm praying someone picks me up.

7 minutes ago, remkin said:

He's one of m'boys, and I love his style, and I had a nice chat with his Dad on a cruise, who was very cool, and he's got a much longer leash than PDG, but McGinn might be next in line to follow PDG to waivers if he doesn't pick his game up. Again, not predicting him to go anywhere (unlike PDG), and he's nowhere near on that cusp yet, but he's not had a great start IMO.

PDG, on the other hand, may well be done. At least with the Canes NHL club. And that's assuming he clears. If he ends up in Charlotte, he's probably not on the short list for being called back. If I'm PDG I'm praying someone picks me up.

Regardless of what happens, PDG is going to get a full year of NHL money, which is more than some players in Charlotte that are perhaps also deserving of a chance at the NHL level will get.  Especially after Rask comes back.  Or perhaps after Nylander joins the Canes? :P   

I offer an equally plausible explanation that we intend to activate Darling to start Saturday and carry 3 goalies for a while.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hag65 said:

I offer an equally plausible explanation that we intend to activate Darling to start Saturday and carry 3 goalies for a while.

That's not as fun. But you could well be right. Canes are home (except brief trip to Detroit) and Checkers home and off for the next nearly week, so if we need a forward, should be easy to bring a guy up if there's a short term need for a forward. 

3 minutes ago, hag65 said:

Ah yes.  He was traveling with the team so he must be close.

3 hours ago, OBXer said:

Why you don't want Faulk 1) He will be a free agent next season 2) He will be a free agent next season and you will need to fit him in your cap plan 3) With your high scoring forward crew you don't need a big shot, offensive minded Dman 5) Did I say you would need to re-sign him next year while you have two other Dmen you also need to resign.

This is incorrect. Faulk becomes a free agent AFTER next season. That's darn near two years of contract left.

Also, for anyone interested (Lake) Faulk is now shown on Cap Friendly as having a modified NTC in effect this and next year.

Thanks (yet again) JR/PK.

3 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

This is incorrect. Faulk becomes a free agent AFTER next season. That's darn near two years of contract left.

Also, for anyone interested (Lake) Faulk is now shown on Cap Friendly as having a modified NTC in effect this and next year.

I accepted that I was wrong on Faulk's NTC a while back, lol.  Hopefully that won't bite us in the, er, posterior if the committee works out a good trade for Faulk.       

• Like 1

Just now, LakeLivin said:

I accepted that I was wrong on Faulk's NTC a while back, lol.  Hopefully that won't bite us in the, er, posterior if the committee works out a good trade for Faulk.       

Didn't realize you were aware it had been confirmed. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Just now, top-shelf-1 said:

Hopefully that won't bite us in the, er, posterior if the committee works out a good trade for Faulk.

As I understand it, he must submit a list of 15 teams to which he is willing to be traded before July 1 of each contract year that the NTC is in effect. Doing that is entirely on him; if he doesn't provide a list, we can deal him wherever we like.

7 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

5 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Didn't realize you were aware it had been confirmed. :thumbsup:

that exchange right there is why i love this forum :)

Just now, top-shelf-1 said:

As I understand it, he must submit a list of 15 teams to which he is willing to be traded before July 1 of each contract year that the NTC is in effect. Doing that is entirely on him; if he doesn't provide a list, we can deal him wherever we like.

Which would mean his list is already in, so he can't manipulate it to include only teams that he knows aren't interested in him at this point, leverage playoff positioning to his favor, etc. That's a good thing (although obviously no NTC at all would be better).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Lake and I are turrible arguers. Ask anybody.

13 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

No we're not!!

20170915232253230.jpg

Edited by LakeLivin

1 hour ago, top-shelf-1 said:

I yet I changed it 2 minutes after I posted it because I knew I might not be clear enough that Leafs would be faced with another contract negotiation next season. The point remains the same Pesce has a cap friendly contract, Faulk won't

Why you don't want Faulk 1) He will be a free agent next season 2) He will be a free agent next season and you will need to fit him in your cap plan 3) With your high scoring forward crew you don't need a big shot, offensive minded Dman 5) Did I say you would need to re-sign him next year while you have two other Dmen you also need to resign

• Like 1

1 hour ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Oh my god. McKeown was ready two years ago.

and yet there he is, not in the press box, not skating second pair but in Charlotte. Here is an idea, Trade all the veterans because we know the more rookies you dress the more likely you are to win the Stanley Cup

• Like 1

Leafs are meeting today with Nylander and his agent in Switzerland.

Now who can we get from the Blackhawks for  Faulk? :shakeshead:

12 minutes ago, OBXer said:

Leafs are meeting today with Nylander and his agent in Switzerland.

Now who can we get from the Blackhawks for  Faulk? :shakeshead:

'Course, a signed Nylander has a higher trade value than an unsigned Nylander.  Lol, just messing with you OBXer.  Although, if word does come out that the Leafs signed him to a "league-valued" contract rather than a "Leafs discount" contract, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for a possible subsequent trade (not necessarily to us).  At some point, the Leafs might just get tired of the situation and move on if they get a decent enough return.

• Like 1