The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

In-season trades and player moves

19 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

I'm gonna float a theory. Not saying it happened, or will. But it would explain a couple of things.

Pesce is not hurt. We offered him for Nylander, Toronto accepted (on the condition they couldn't re-sign Nylander themselves) and we agreed to put Brett on IR so as not to risk injury, should TOR fail to sign Nylander. 

This would make a lot of sense if the reports that Nylander's agent contacted us are true. It would make even more sense if we're willing to best the $6.6M x 6 reportedly on the table for him in TOR.

And it would certainly explain why TD's Twitter feed has been quiet for the past week.

Again, not holding my breath. But we've moved some salary out of our cap, too...

Top Mulder. :grin:

the_truth_is_out_there_by_skpltnk-d380er

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

top, your theory, and my own sister's that Georgia will best Alabama today are comparable and I'd love you both if they materialize?

I like your sister.  Can I say Go Dawgs here?

1 minute ago, caniac_fan said:

Who is reporting this?

Everyone.

1. William Nylander's new extension is 6 x $6.9 million, per @TSNBobMcKenzie. That totals $41.4 million.

DtXPeP0XQAAZFx8.jpg
    0 replies4 retweets3 likes

Retweet

Direct message

Michael Price Retweeted Darren Dreger

finally!!!! smart move @wmnylander !!!!!!!

Michael Price added,

Darren DregerVerified account @DarrenDreger
    Told Nylander is staying. Done deal 6 yrs.
    0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

Direct message

That AAV has big implications though, in terms of negotiations with other 61-point RFA's.  El-Cheapo Dundon is probably smiling and counting the rolls of quarters he doesn't have to pony up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

That AAV has big implications though, in terms of negotiations with other 61-point RFA's.  El-Cheapo Dundon is probably smiling and counting the rolls of quarters he doesn't have to pony up.

Absolutely!

23 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

No way Dundon was going to pay Aho and Skinner that type of coin next year.

What a convoluted contract. And how can you get away with paying 8.3m in signing bonus and only 700k in salary. Meh. Maybe dominoes start to fall now that Nylander signed.

Edited by SuckaPunchd

To summarize Nylander's contract (if CapFriendly is correct):   Nylander gets an average of $7.5m per year for 6 years. Leafs cap hit after this year (when it counts) is $7m per.

Edited by LakeLivin

I think the signing bonuses get guys paid pre lock out, should that happen, if I recall. Supposedly Toronto wants him for this year's run and then might still trade him. I read this as a way to make sure he gets paid with a lockout protected contract. You want to think about trading me next year, fine, but you will pay  me. But I'm just guessing here.

Wait to you see what Teuvo Teravainen and Aho will request. Ferland,Williams Martinook also due. Decision on Mrazek and McE. Tom's money belt will get smaller in the off season.