The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

In-season trades and player moves

34 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

You make these I am right and you are wrong claims and yet you just came to the boards this season.

Yeah, CFF, I'm afraid you'll have to get in line for the honor of perma-bear predictions coming true.

2 hours ago, wxray1 said:

I get cranky about some random Game Day Thread about a team not involved with previous players, and then ******* and moaning occurs about the Skinner or Lindholm trade.

But you guys do what you want.  It is a mostly free internet.  :)

I get cranky that ******* is considered too dirty a word for our virgin eyes. Nobody under 30 is bored enough to use the Internet anymore anyway, and if you're over 30 and find that word upsetting, it's unlikely you're a hockey fan in the first place.

2 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

I get cranky that ******* is considered too dirty a word for our virgin eyes. Nobody under 30 is bored enough to use the Internet anymore anyway, and if you're over 30 and find that word upsetting, it's unlikely you're a hockey fan in the first place.

OK come on Top Shelf, stop ******* and moaning.  :)

I'm with you.  The King James version of the bible uses it (with the old -eth, attached like moan-eth).  See https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Samuel+25%3A22&version=KJV

OK, back to hockey. 

• Like 1

I just read both the Hurricanes and Ducks are looking to trade. Nothing indicated they are looking at trading with each other.

8 hours ago, PamlicoPuck said:

I saw it first thing this morning and cringed.. B.Peters, Lindholm, Skinner must be trading emails of joy as we are once again the step child of managing talent.. Im starting to think the worst move we made, was not getting a seasoned NHL coaching staff...

Or a real general manager not controlled by a hockey neophyte owner

23 hours ago, Canesfanforever said:

As the season unwinds  I guess I have to be that constant reminder  when I come to these boards  .  I was right ,and  you were wrong .      Losing Ferland  does not help  for the time being but things that were done that can't be undone such as ,  Trading Skinner away because reasons  , or  my favorite  all time saying to me about Lindholm and Hanifin  was .   We need Hamilton now  because Hanifin is not yet ready .   Their is a term for people who put on rose covered glasses  and  pretend things being perceived in a another fashion  , It's Called Cognitive Dissonance .   People who suffer from this  never want to look at reality for what it is and be good little sheeple   and  just go with the narrative that has been presented to them  . There is also another term for that  belief  and it's called Stat-ism   .    

Did carolina need a culture change ,  or did they need just 1 of 2 things without sacrificing  everything  ?   

You are a know it all. 

Nobody likes a know it all. 

Therefore...

I've spent the morning looking through advanced stats of teams that might be willing to make a trade and I have put together a wish list.

1.  Kapanen.  He's a natural right winger with size, speed, and skill.  He's scored 21 points in 28 games without being much of a part of their power play.  He would slot nicely on our top line next to Aho (and Svech if I had my way).  We have assets that Toronto needs.  One of our excess RD would probably be the center piece here.

2.  Zibanejad.  He's a right shot center with size, speed, and skill.  He would fit perfectly as our 2nd line center with Turbo and ? (Necas?).  He's signed and would be tough to get.  We would have to give to get for sure.  The Rangers might be moving towards rebuilding so our top pick might be an attractive center piece?

Svech / Aho / Kapanen

Turbo / Zibanejad / Necas

Ferland / Staal / Williams

Martinook / Wallmark / Foegele

Top line can score.  Second line can score and make teams pay for focusing on stopping the top line.  Third line would be extremely difficult to play against and drive possession.  Fourth line is difficult to play against, can handle more minutes, than most fourth lines, and can score if you let your guard down.

Top line is the first PP unit.  Second line is the second PP unit.  Third and fourth lines are the primary PK.

Players/Assets NOT Available to Trade

Aho

Svech

Slavin

Turbo

Necas

Kuok

We could actually afford to trade two RD.  We have 5 NHL caliber RD this season (counting McKeown) and another hopefully next year (counting fox).

• Like 1

Kapanen wouldn't even be able to put up 20 points here.  He is a product of a great team.  Faulk or Pesce for Kapanen?  Lol no thanks!

Edited by bluedevil58

15 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

Kapanen wouldn't even be able to put up 20 points here.  He is a product of a great team.  Faulk or Pesce for Kapanen?  Lol no thanks!

Blah, blah, blah.

• Like 3

Ten days before the holiday trade freeze. Is Waddell shopping for Christmas?  I think so but it appear half the league might be looking too,

29 minutes ago, OBXer said:

Ten days before the holiday trade freeze. Is Waddell shopping for Christmas?  I think so but it appear half the league might be looking too,

It would be great if he could pull it off. The team is two wins away from a 93 point pace, and three wins away from a 95 point pace. They keep hanging around, but just under the line. Just a little push.

Really, there has to be more to this. Either an injury or setting up a move. Right?

McEllheny, 7-3-1 .920

Mrazek has just ripped off two games stopping 51 of 53 for a .962 save percentage. 

Even if we liked Darling's play in Charlotte, this would not be the time to bring him back without something else going on. Right? Not right now, right?

• Like 1

Every time a move is made that I'm not sure makes sense I hope that it is a sign of a future move 😀. Every time, it is not. ☹️

• Like 1

Im guessing we are utilizing the 30 day waiver window to use him as a backup for Mrazek. McE is close to ready but not quite there. Instead of Ned sitting around, they’ll leave that to the 16 million dollar  AHLer. 

Our “committee” continues to baffle me. I can’t discuss Skinner in this thread, but giving Away Zykov and now bringing back Darling after he just got lit up in a Checkers game makes no sense. We had to get rid of Skinner because of his effect on the guys in the room? What about Darling’s effect on them? 

• Like 1