The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

In-season trades and player moves

On 12/31/2018 at 10:54 AM, remkin said:

Just got an email from the Canes titled The Pass is Back:

For a second I got excited thinking they meant the tape to tape pass.....but then I realized it wasn't. So apparently bad passing it still on.

RETURN OF THE PASS
Canes Pass, a flexible and affordable way to attend Carolina Hurricanes home games, returns in 2019.
Each Pass includes access to all 10 Hurricanes home games in January and February and is available in two seating categories, starting at just $199.

After last nights game , it became glaringly obvious our guys get bonus money for hitting skate blades with their passes.

• Like 1

Kind of slow right now but what about a reunion with Staal?  

Play him between Svech and Martinook?

Edited by gocanes0506
Man proof reading would really help

44 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Kind of fead right now but what about a reunion with Staal?  

Play him between Svech and Martinook?

You mean trade for E. Staal to come back here?

5 minutes ago, sleekfeeder said:

You mean trade for E. Staal to come back here?

Yes. Just kicking around ideas because it is slow and we don’t have any rumors to discuss.

16 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Yes. Just kicking around ideas because it is slow and we don’t have any rumors to discuss.

And watch him putter around the D-zone again?  No thanks

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1682088

The Tarasenko one has been discussed, I don't know if we've discussed Panarin recently, I do know that he had listed wanting to play in NY or LA but man if we could get him to sign here... 

10 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

I was going to post this before but...

Out of all of the guys brought up, I actually thought Saku looked the best/most offensively dangerous, even if it was just one game iirc. 

Big body that can skate, also played with an edge (as per HCRB).

Ran across a trade rumor talking about the Oil and Canes rubbing noses again. Something 'bout Chiarelli blah blah job on line blah top 4 dman blah Faulk/Pesce blah Canes would want Hopkins blah but they wouldn't do it blah.

I’m shocked that PDG was claimed. Borderline 4th liner on cellar dwelling team. Well, Nashville doesn’t need him to score goals, so maybe they see him as 4th line insurance and penalty killer. I foresee a stay in the press box and him being waived again in 10 games or less.

on E Staal, he is a UFA this summer, I believe. 1 or 2 years at reasonable money and I’d take the chance. I suspect he has no more interest in coming back here than most board members have in seeing him here again.

On 1/1/2019 at 6:15 PM, Kyrule said:

I was going to post this before but...

Out of all of the guys brought up, I actually thought Saku looked the best/most offensively dangerous, even if it was just one game iirc. 

Big body that can skate, also played with an edge (as per HCRB).

I agree.  He skated that one game and I noticed when he was in there because he was doing good things.  As opposed to PDG, Kuok, and Rask who you can go a whole period and ask yourself, "Did they even play?"

As far as E. Staal goes, as long as he isn't asking for unreasonable money, sure.  Why not?  IMO we need two centers this offseason.  One will come from in house (Necas) so we will need another from somewhere.  Put Aho or Necas on the wing, with J Staal and Wallmark.  E would fit in that equation.   New owner, new GM, things are different from when he left.  The question is, would he play for HCRB? That is one I cannot answer.

Edited by ironman87
  • Like 1