The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Watching the Blackhawks vs Lightning game.

The Lightning are up 25-3 on shots in the 2nd period, 13 minutes into the 2nd.

they just scored again. 4-1 Lightning. The Blackhawks look bad.  Really bad.

Edited by gocanes0506

8 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

Who's in goal there, not Cam I hope gc0506?

7 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

Yes it was Cam.

Made 49 saves, 5 goals against.  

What's that expression about a rented mule?  :blink:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

What's that expression about a rented mule?  :blink:

Yea TBL was running circles around the Blackhawks in the 2nd.

for fairness about 5 shots and 1 goal shouldn’t have happened. Cam had a pad down and the puck was under it. TBL was allowed to hack away at it until it popped loose.  Cam gave the refs an ear full.

• Like 1

Awesome.  Brind'Amour's looking really good so far and time till tell, but otherwise Laviolette is the best (and my favorite) coach this team has ever had, and this just makes him that much better.  I'm going to pull against him when his team is playing the Canes of course, but otherwise i'm always pulling for him.  Love it.

17 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

34-6 shots in favor of TB in the 2nd period alone. Woof

Some analysts said that despite the score, Cam kept it competitive considering the shot quality.  It could have been much worse.

10 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

Some analysts said that despite the score, Cam kept it competitive considering the shot quality.  It could have been much worse.

he made some high quality stops.  He wasn't why they lost.  During the 2nd period it was TB vs Cam out there. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

Yea TBL was running circles around the Blackhawks in the 2nd.

for fairness about 5 shots and 1 goal shouldn’t have happened. Cam had a pad down and the puck was under it. TBL was allowed to hack away at it until it popped loose.  Cam gave the refs an ear full.

Pretty sure I saw he had a penalty. Was that it, or was it one of the the slashes he occasionally hands out when the other team gets too familiar?

14 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Pretty sure I saw he had a penalty. Was that it, or was it one of the the slashes he occasionally hands out when the other team gets too familiar?

Not sure when/if he got a penalty. It didn’t happen after the questionable goal though.

Edited by gocanes0506

3 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

3 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

Not sure when/if he got a penalty. It didn’t happen after the questionable goal though.

It was a slash, 22 seconds after a Bolts goal, so seems like it could be in response to the goal where they were whacking at him.

Watched a little of the Preds-Sharks.

Yow-eee, the Canes will have their hands full Friday.  Sharks were down 4-2 with 1/2 period left and ended up with a SHG.  Can't remember who, but he took it 200 ft. unassisted making the Preds all look like pylons.  Killed the atmosphere and the Sharks scored 2 more to win 5-4, with a little help from the refs on a bogus call triggered by a Shark's fake head snap.   Sharks beat a very good Preds team.

Call it crappy, but Sharks are playing a full game, including fake head snaps and dives.  Canes will have their hands full.

• Like 1

Maybe league needs to extend coach's challenge for penalties also? If call is confirmed you lose overtime and get PK but if is reversed then the other guy gets 2 minutes for embellishment or unsportmanlike conduct 

Edited by Bonivan
Misprint

A wilg guess to start some other conversation.

based where we are about 10% through the season, playoff teams (in no order):

Shoulds:

TB, Toronto, Boston, Washington, Pitt

Coulds: Carolina, Philly, Columbus, Montreal, NJ

Probably not: NYR, NYI, Ottawa, Florida, Buffalo

Nope: Detroit

• Like 1

Wilson's 20-game suspension upheld by Commisioner Bettman.

In the video they were saying he had 4 suspensions in last 105 games(!) with quite short playing breaks in between.

Looking at the hits he delivered, can NHL ban him for life before he ruined more players' careers?!

5 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

Good. Glad Wilson was upheld. Warning for the other dirty players.

That was just the commish though right? Still has the appeal to the arbitrator. That's the one where it is more possible to get knocked down.

18 hours ago, Caniac514 said:

Wilson's 20-game suspension upheld by Commisioner Bettman.

In the video they were saying he had 4 suspensions in last 105 games(!) with quite short playing breaks in between.

Looking at the hits he delivered, can NHL ban him for life before he ruined more players' careers?!

I can't imagine what the next amount is, where do you go from 20 games?  McSorley got a full year after his intentional stick hit to the head on Brashear (and assault conviction).  I think if its another bad one you go to a year.  He never came back from that but he was at the end of his career and was a different kind of player.  I say you go to a year and then banned for life if he does it again.

• Like 1

Watching Buffalo vs NYR right now. Not many more teams and fanbases I dislike more than the slugs.... but the Rags are in the Metro and direct competition. Skinner looks terrible in that Buffalo uni.

Update: Buffalo outshoots the Rags 40-21 and still lose by 2 goals. That seems awfully familiar ?...

Edited by surfzone365