The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

This made me chuckle:  " Predators defenseman P.K. Subban claimed Golden Knights forward Pierre-Edouard Bellemare bit his finger during a scrum in front of the Nashville net. Bellemare wasn’t penalized on the play. "

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cc said:

This made me chuckle:  " Predators defenseman P.K. Subban claimed Golden Knights forward Pierre-Edouard Bellemare bit his finger during a scrum in front of the Nashville net. Bellemare wasn’t penalized on the play. "

At least he wasn’t licked or wet willied

by Marchand 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hopper915 said:

Craps are on a 7 game losing streak. Guess Stanley Cup hang-over has finally kicked in?

Couldn't happen to a nicer group? Hope it will carry over thru 3/26 and even beyond?

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

Marty St. Louis hired by Columbus to coach, rather "guide," the power play.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/25817578/columbus-blue-jackets-hire-martin-st-louis-help-guide-special-teams

I saw that wxray, and am just curious what others might think? In my opinion, players that have an innate gift, whether it be scoring on a PP, winning a draw or scoring like Rod use to, often times cannot translate that to others as it is subconscious? That seems contradictory, but I think very difficult to translate to others? Just curious?

1 hour ago, KJUNKANE said:

I saw that wxray, and am just curious what others might think? In my opinion, players that have an innate gift, whether it be scoring on a PP, winning a draw or scoring like Rod use to, often times cannot translate that to others as it is subconscious? That seems contradictory, but I think very difficult to translate to others? Just curious?

I think some people have the knack to both 'do' and teach, while others don't.  Props to Columbus for making the effort to improve.  If he helps, good for them; if not, hopefully for their sake they move him on.

Yeah, KJUN, I put this out there because I find it kind of curious myself.  I'm not saying it is a good idea, but I really don't know.

Per your point, let's look at Brindy.  If all of his face off expertise rubbed off onto every center, the team would not have suffered the recent face off fails since J Staal is out.

It will be interesting to see what happens with MSL.

• Like 1

Brassard traded from Pens to Florida.acquired forwards Nick Bjugstad and Jared McCann from the Florida Panthers in exchange for Derick Brassard and Riley Sheahan and three draft picks. Full details:pens.pe/2Be2NiK

Edited by slapshot02

Never like to see something like this

4 hours ago, OBXer said:

Never like to see something like this

Jason BotchfordVerified account @botchford

Multiple standing ovations from flyers fans when edler leaves the ice on a stretcher because his face brutally hit the surface

Dan MurphyVerified account @sportsnetmurph 13h13 hours ago

Edler will not travel with #canucksNHLCanucks.png⁠ ⁠. Off to hospital for more tests (Green said x-rays on his face, Benning said a CT scan). Assistant athletic therapist Dave Zorn will stay wilth him.

I saw it on the NHL Network. It was a nasty accident.

Flyers are on fire... Winning 8 in a row, making up 16 points and are now only 2 pts behind us. Their rookie goalie has been playing lights out for them.

On a day where Toronto was supposed to be celebrating signing their franchise savor, they get a mess instead.

Marner’s camp coming out saying he is easy worth the same money as what Matthews got.  To top that his agent said Dubas was originally offered Nylander 5 million a year and is low balling his client.  This could get fun.

11 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

On a day where Toronto was supposed to be celebrating signing their franchise savor, they get a mess instead.

Marner’s camp coming out saying he is easy worth the same money as what Matthews got.  To top that his agent said Dubas was originally offered Nylander 5 million a year and is low balling his client.  This could get fun.

The "never happens" thing could really happen: Offer Sheet. 

Marner's camp has been saying he's worth Matthews money for a long time. Considering they're both on pace for exactly the same number of points (99), they may be close to right. 

Oh how I wanted to draft Marner. One pick away. We never got the chance, but he's pretty much ended the size debate. Hoards of points in lower leagues vastly outperform size. Just ask Alex DeBrincat. 

I am admittedly not a capologist, but how can Toronto have three 10 million plus guys plus Nylander and stay under the cap? Doesn't something have to give? 

22 minutes ago, remkin said:

The "never happens" thing could really happen: Offer Sheet. 

Marner's camp has been saying he's worth Matthews money for a long time. Considering they're both on pace for exactly the same number of points (99), they may be close to right. 

Oh how I wanted to draft Marner. One pick away. We never got the chance, but he's pretty much ended the size debate. Hoards of points in lower leagues vastly outperform size. Just ask Alex DeBrincat. 

I am admittedly not a capologist, but how can Toronto have three 10 million plus guys plus Nylander and stay under the cap? Doesn't something have to give? 

If we have Marner, JT, and AM all at about 33 million, that gives the 40% of the cap to three players.  Or 60% of the cap to go to 18 other roster players.

They will presumably get Ottawa to take on Horton's LTIR contract.  They will have about 5 million to get 6 other roster spots filled.  They will have to figure out what to do with Kapanen and Johnsson as well. I guess they could sell their 1st rounder to Ottawa to get them to take Zaitsev & Horton.  Still they are looking about 9 million to fill 6 roster slots.  And they really need some top 4 defense because it is atrocious.  

Could they convince Marleau to waive to be moved?  If so they get another 6 million in cap space.  Still 15 million is a little tight to get at least 1 top 4 RHD, a back up goalie, another decent defender, and 3 forwards. Im sure their be able to convince aging veterans to sign league minimum deals to get a shot at the cup.  They would need to figure out what to do with Kapanen and Johnsson though.  The best thing that can happen is Marleau says no to waiving.  It would be tight but they could fit a Top 4 defender and Johnsson on a bridge deal with 4 members from their farm on the roster inside 15 million.  

1 hour ago, remkin said:

Chicago($45.3mil) comparison to Toronto($45.7mil):

Kane- $10.5mil                         Tavares- $11mil

Toews- $10.5mil                        Nylander- $6.9mil

Saad- $6mil                              Marleau- $6.2mil

Seabrook- $6.8mil                    Rielly- $5mil

Crawford- $6mil                        Andersen- $5mil

Keith- $5.5mil                           Matthews- $11.6mil (next season)

And Marner wants Matthews money? Not happening without some creative accounting.

1 hour ago, gocanes0506 said:

If we have Marner, JT, and AM all at about 33 million, that gives the 40% of the cap to three players.  Or 60% of the cap to go to 18 other roster players.

Does that assume they move Nylander's $6.9 million AAV? 

1 minute ago, remkin said:

Does that assume they move Nylander's $6.9 million AAV? 

no that 33 million is just those three players.  They will be at cap ceiling for next season if they sign Marner to 11 million.  They have to move bodies out to get space.   

15 hours ago, sleekfeeder said:

Has anyone noticed that McDavid has 85 pts.......but is -2. That's getting scored on alot being out there. Just an observation.

28 of his 85 are from the PP.  Basically he is-2 the rest of the way.  The advanced metrics say he on the ice goals scored (oiGF) is 66 and on the ice goals against (oiGA) 67 for even strength.  So he was scored on once while being on the PP.  66 to 67 ES and at least 28 to 1 on the PP.  

1 hour ago, gocanes0506 said:

28 of his 85 are from the PP.  Basically he is-2 the rest of the way.  The advanced metrics say he on the ice goals scored (oiGF) is 66 and on the ice goals against (oiGA) 67 for even strength.  So he was scored on once while being on the PP.  66 to 67 ES and at least 28 to 1 on the PP.  

It is still a fair amount of goals-against while he's on the ice.  Can't say it's a trend with him, though - he did lead the Oil in +/- the 2 previous seasons.

18 hours ago, sleekfeeder said:

Has anyone noticed that McDavid has 85 pts.......but is -2. That's getting scored on alot being out there. Just an observation.

The team has a minus 32 goal differential. Only four plus and 2 even players. +/- a five skater stat.

18 hours ago, sleekfeeder said:

He's also sitting two out, and for anyone who didn't hear, Canada's octogenarian jerk doesn't like it.

Start the linked video at 2:10 to get The Big Bluster's take, and stick around through the Joe Thornton hat trick rap for the next chunk, wherein Dressy Don calls out "The Covert Kid," one JWilly, and this Bunch of Jerks of ours. 

29 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

He's also sitting two out, and for anyone who didn't hear, Canada's octogenarian jerk doesn't like it.

Start the linked video at 2:10 to get The Big Bluster's take, and stick around through the Joe Thornton hat trick rap for the next chunk, wherein Dressy Don calls out "The Covert Kid," one JWilly, and this Bunch of Jerks of ours. 

Good thing he scored one in OT for the victory... with 17:45 left in OT it looks like...  grapes is lucky he knows what day it is at this point ,why do people get fired up about him.  I don't get fired up when my dad starts his rants...

• Like 1