The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

I understand that if player X gets 9 mil per year than player Y who is better/younger/etc might ask for more. But from another perspective there is no big difference between 9 mil per year and 11. It is both truck load amount of money.

And with no leadership from top producing players, the annual Buffalo sabres mega collapse is now officially complete. If I were J. Eichel, I'd get as far away from that stupid contract about to be awarded to his linemate as I could. LOL.

Typical Canadian Homerism:    They claim they have a 46% chance to make the playoffs.

Also- one of their players claim they"dont feel any pressure".  Yeah right- this is your national sport and you aint brought the cup back to Canada like in forever.

Johnson: Favourable schedule great chance for Habs to gain separation in playoff race

Yeah- they have a chance to tank totally. 

3 minutes ago, cc said:

Typical Canadian Homerism:    They claim they have a 46% chance to make the playoffs.

Also- one of their players claim they"dont feel any pressure".  Yeah right- this is your national sport and you aint brought the cup back to Canada like in forever.

Johnson: Favourable schedule great chance for Habs to gain separation in playoff race

Yeah- they have a chance to tank totally. 

Montreal does play a favorable schedule the rest of the way.  Part of that was their west coast road swing against LA and Anaheim.  That didnt go well for them.  

3 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

Montreal does play a favorable schedule the rest of the way.  Part of that was their west coast road swing against LA and Anaheim.  That didnt go well for them.  

I dunno about that.  Last 3 games are Tampa, Toronto and Washington,  Normally, a tough scenario but likely they all might be resting players by then.

The rest are no pushover teams other than Detroit tonight and teams fighting for a spot.  I dont see this as so easy at all.  But what do I know.

I would laugh so hard if Montreal and Philly are in and BJ’s and Evil Empire are out come next month 

Back to scoreboard watching...Evil Empire vs. Blues...Evil Empire just honored that uber-punk Malkin for his 1000th NHL point...makes me sick!  

• Like 1

If any of y’all want to see something awesome early on this Saturday, Blues are schwacking the Evil Empire 4-0 on NHL-N...Murray has been chased 

2 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

If any of y’all want to see something awesome early on this Saturday, Blues are schwacking the Evil Empire 4-0 on NHL-N...Murray has been chased 

Love it. We need to study that game, and clone it to our scheme of how to handle them in the upcoming 2 game set?

54 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Love it. We need to study that game, and clone it to our scheme of how to handle them in the upcoming 2 game set?

Involved a LOT of physicality 

8 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Involved a LOT of physicality 

Pittsburgh is not a physical team and many times when they face, they get beat up.

37 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

Pittsburgh is not a physical team and many times when they face, they get beat up.

Correction, they are a physical team...just the type that should get you penalized or suspended 

Kucherov on pace to have the most amazing season since Lemiuex in 96 and Crosby in 06. But saying Lemiuex i think hits it a bit further home how amazing his season's been. I never thought 130 had a chance in hades with current goalie equipment / goalies having a much firmer grasp on the position and how to play it today.

36 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

Kucherov on pace to have the most amazing season since Lemiuex in 96 and Crosby in 06. But saying Lemiuex i think hits it a bit further home how amazing his season's been. I never thought 130 had a chance in hades with current goalie equipment / goalies having a much firmer grasp on the position and how to play it today.

It's their PP.  He has 45 points on the PP out of his 117 points.

Their PP is otherworldly.

2 minutes ago, hag65 said:

It's their PP.  He has 45 points on the PP out of his 117 points.

Their PP is otherworldly.

Yah, basically for the game on Thursday...if we get a penalty, they will score 

24 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Yah, basically for the game on Thursday...if we get a penalty, they will score 

The flip side of that is if they don't, could that get in their head?

Just now, KJUNKANE said:

The flip side of that is if they don't, could that get in their head?

They’ll get their PP chances, given the seeming questionable calls against us recently 

3 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

They’ll get their PP chances, given the seeming questionable calls against us recently 

Yep, but I meant, What if they don't score on the PP, could that get in their heads?

• Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 2:26 PM, KJUNKANE said:

Yep, but I meant, What if they don't score on the PP, could that get in their heads?

Yes.  In a way if teams can learn to stay out of the box vs them that will count as NOT scoring on the PP.  You take away their success of the PP when you stay out of the box or commit few penalties.  I guarantee their special teams (PP specifically) is the reason why they're so good.

The NHL has not had a team this good in Tampa Bay since Detroit in 96 when they finished the season with 131 points.  Amazingly, they didn't win the cup that year; Colorado bounced them in 6 games in the conference finals.  But they won it the two following years.

I honestly never thought with how different the game is now from then that any team would accomplish what Tampa Bay has this year.

Edited by Sportsfan-1-2

Bolts third team ever to hit 60 wins, but I mean did they really or was it manufactured. Their 53-19-7 by the standards the other teams faced. Amazing but not nearly as amazing as their predecessors.

11 hours ago, legend-1 said:

Bolts third team ever to hit 60 wins, but I mean did they really or was it manufactured. Their 53-19-7 by the standards the other teams faced. Amazing but not nearly as amazing as their predecessors.

However doing it in the salary cap era is also a hindrance since you can't build a superteam.   So it's apples/oranges really.

Washington is trading better players for more cap space.  What are they up to?  Trying to get a big name defender or more offense? 

To Was Rudas 30% retained

To Philadelphia Niskanen

2 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

Washington is trading better players for more cap space.  What are they up to?  Trying to get a big name defender or more offense? 

To Was Rudas 30% retained

To Philadelphia Niskanen

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/capitals-complete-gudas-niskanen-swap-with-flyers-but-whats-the-next-domino-to-fall

"But what really seemed to seal Niskanen’s fate, or at least indicate that a move of at least one defender wasn’t too far in the offing, was the signing of Nick Jensen to a four-year, $10-million extension almost the very instant he was acquired from the Detroit Red Wings ahead of the trade deadline. The signing saw the Capitals’ spend on five blueliners – Niskanen, Jensen, John Carlson, Dmitry Orlov and Michal Kempny – climb to $23.85 million. That created a financial logjam, one that needed to be broken up as it left Washington with less than $10-million in projected cap space this summer. Friday’s trade does exactly that and gives Washington roughly $3.4 million in additional breathing room this off-season while also removing the $5.75 million Niskanen would have been owed next season from their books entirely."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even after the cap relief from this trade, Caps have a projected cap hit of $69.5m for only 16 players and need to re-sign Connelly, Hagelin, Vrana, and Burakovsky.