The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Phil Kessel is now a Coyote!!!

Side note, the Pens got Galchenyuk and a d-man prospect.

Edited by hopper915

I tore my groin sitting in my chair looking at this. After I was done cringing in pain that's when I settled into what the hell is he doing?

12 hours ago, legend-1 said:

I tore my groin sitting in my chair looking at this. After I was done cringing in pain that's when I settled into what the hell is he doing?

I'm convinced goalies are another species.

• Like 1

Saw that picture in the NHL news and was confused as hell: red uniform, # 37.... What's happened to Andrei's face?

image.png.743b4bbc6255a9fcabf4526c34591f2e.png

Figured it out later, after some internet browsing... :)

• Like 1

And the 1st goal of the new season goes to Ottawa by tkachuk. Fitting

The ovechkin fawning is making me nauseous. So glad we shut them down last year.

11 hours ago, hopper915 said:

Hmmm. Malkin said, "Trade Kessel or trade me". They traded Kessel. Now they have neither. Could this be the year they fall out? Gotta think it could be. They made it by three points last year. 

57 minutes ago, remkin said:

Hmmm. Malkin said, "Trade Kessel or trade me". They traded Kessel. Now they have neither. Could this be the year they fall out? Gotta think it could be. They made it by three points last year. 

I posted it somewhere here before the season and I’ll say it again: Evil Empire doesn’t make the playoffs this year 

I love Malkin and hate to see him go down long term in his prime buuuuut it's our division. Bjugstad and Rust are out long term as well. I did not know Bjugstad is 6'6"!! 

8 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

Washington choked against Nashville. Wild game.  Even better that the Caps lost in regulation.

Finally a few West teams beat the East.

Canes slipped to league #2 with EDM going first due to more regulation wins. Otherwise the records are identical.  See, those overtime wins will kill us!  :)

Edited by wxray1

1 hour ago, wxray1 said:

See, those overtime wins will kill us!  

This is a joke right?  

Slugs are manhandling the Stars...two teams who have surprised with how good/crappy they’ve started 

35 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Slugs are manhandling the Stars...two teams who have surprised with how good/crappy they’ve started 

An Avalanche is happening in DC right now (4-0 Avs).  Holtby gave up 4 goals on 5 shots and has been pulled.  Not even out of the first period yet.

I am surprised by the Sabres start as well.  Don't know if they can sustain it though.  I'm more surprised about the Stars though.

Edmonton plays later tonight and they're 5-0 (one of only 2 undefeated teams left in the NHL; Colorado being the other).  Edmonton has been a surprise too and James Neal has resurrected his career there to this point.  Can they continue their success?  Lots of unanswered questions to this point.

On 10/14/2019 at 5:39 PM, Sportsfan-1-2 said:

Edmonton plays later tonight and they're 5-0 (one of only 2 undefeated teams left in the NHL; Colorado being the other).  Edmonton has been a surprise too and James Neal has resurrected his career there to this point.  Can they continue their success?  Lots of unanswered questions to this point.

McDavid is on another level. 17pts in 7 games and had a 5-pointer last night