The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

3 hours ago, thickburglar said:

McDavid is on another level. 17pts in 7 games and had a 5-pointer last night 

That is literally Gretzkyesque.  But...McDavid IS human isn't he? He will slow down.

Colorado has been lights out this year along with Edmonton and Buffalo.  Can anyone stop those teams right now?  We've been cooled down, somebody needs to cool them down now..

I’m watching Minnesota suck it up like a Kirby vacuum cleaner...and I already feel better about our minimal plight right now.

It seems that TB is still struggling to recover from the playoff collapse. 

I also dont get why you bring on Lehner at 5 mil per and dont play him as the starter.  Crawford isnt that good anymore.

Edited by gocanes0506
  • Like 1

Buffalo is 8-1-1 atop the Atlantic. Skinner with 6 goals 2 assists (trigger warning). They signed Marcus Johansson (trigger warning) who is centering Skinner's line. Eichel playing great, maybe he makes a big leap this year? Dahlin going beast mode with assists. If the playoffs start today that makes Boston and Toronto play each other in the first round, obviously Tampa could climb back up too. Way too early hot take: it will be verrry tough to make the playoffs in the East again 

35 minutes ago, thickburglar said:

Buffalo is 8-1-1 atop the Atlantic. Skinner with 6 goals 2 assists (trigger warning). They signed Marcus Johansson (trigger warning) who is centering Skinner's line. Eichel playing great, maybe he makes a big leap this year? Dahlin going beast mode with assists. If the playoffs start today that makes Boston and Toronto play each other in the first round, obviously Tampa could climb back up too. Way too early hot take: it will be verrry tough to make the playoffs in the East again 

Sort of scary thought is the opposite of what the experts thought. That Buffalo's fast start last year was the real Slugs and then something happened in the locker room that killed their drive. Now, with a new coach, they're back to their real level. OK, they won't keep this pace up, but the point is well taken that if Buffalo pushes the elite three and drops one to a WC, there would possibly be only one WC available for anyone else. Simple answer. Finish top 3 in Metro.

• Like 2

So Ducks sign Sbisa just the other day. They out him on waivers for conditioning/ to be org depth.  The Jets claim him on waivers?!?!  What is this crazy place?

jets have interest in Sbisa but Sbisa didn’t reciprocate?  

Odd situation.

19 hours ago, remkin said:

Sort of scary thought is the opposite of what the experts thought. That Buffalo's fast start last year was the real Slugs and then something happened in the locker room that killed their drive. Now, with a new coach, they're back to their real level. OK, they won't keep this pace up, but the point is well taken that if Buffalo pushes the elite three and drops one to a WC, there would possibly be only one WC available for anyone else. Simple answer. Finish top 3 in Metro.

It is a small moment in time, early in the season, but Thank You Tampa for popping the Pen's balloon last night with a late goal to win in regulation.  It included an incredible save by Vasilevskiy with less than 1 sec left, that of course got Sidney whining about how he thought it was a goal.  Nice.

The national broadcast, and the comments towards the Pens made me want to puke, as usual.

Canes just need to pick up and start winning 2 out of 3 from here.  Stop this streak now.

Edited by wxray1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, wxray1 said:

t Sidney whining

What a novel idea, Sid whine, nah, never happen right? I mean he never does that does he? Can you imagine what his kids must be if they imprint off their father? He and Rutherford are truly a pair, a veritable match made in heaven. But the national media are enamored so what can you do? Truly Sid is a gifted athlete but needs a roll of duck tape as part of his uni?

• Like 2

I pray we never reach this point:

"We're kind of battling our own fans at this point," Hall said. "We're 1-for-3 on the power play and getting booed. It's a tied game and we are getting booed. That's a tough environment to play in, especially when you are home. I know when we are playing somewhere and their fans start booing, it's a fun environment for the away team to play in."

10 minutes ago, cc said:

I pray we never reach this point:

"We're kind of battling our own fans at this point," Hall said. "We're 1-for-3 on the power play and getting booed. It's a tied game and we are getting booed. That's a tough environment to play in, especially when you are home. I know when we are playing somewhere and their fans start booing, it's a fun environment for the away team to play in."

Winning the offseason then laying an egg in the real season causes issues.

He'd of been better off not saying anything, I doubt NJ fans take that statement the way he intended. He's going to be labeled a whiner and fans will likely turn up the volume on the boos.

Does make it seem more likely Hall might be hitting the UFA market. It's fun it Raleigh, is all I'm saying.

1 hour ago, remkin said:

Does make it seem more likely Hall might be hitting the UFA market. It's fun it Raleigh, is all I'm saying.

Hall is an odd case. He has PPG production but has injury concerns. He will get paid way too much for too long with his injury concerns.  

Man, the days of getting a 2/3 goal lead in the latter stages and sitting on it are over in the NHL. The offensive Talent on 3 and 4 lines deep has morphed beyond traditional and tactical thinking. 12 games into the season and comebacks against even upper tier teams are in double digits. It's 60 minutes of full blown hockey or risk having your tail tucked between your legs for you. Glad we are at least now known as a speed and well conditioned squad in the era.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 2ndsacker said:

Man, the days of getting a 2/3 goal lead in the latter stages and sitting on it are over in the NHL. The offensive Talent on 3 and 4 lines deep has morphed beyond traditional and tactical thinking. 12 games into the season and comebacks against even upper tier teams are in double digits. It's 60 minutes of full blown hockey or risk having your tail tucked between your legs for you. Glad we are at least now known as a speed and well conditioned squad in the era.

Watched the entire third and OT of the Preds/Flames game last night...and the entire third of the Stars/Wild game on Tuesday...prefect lessons on why you always keep your foot on the gas!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caniac514 said:

Toronto Could Get Another NHL Team And World’s Biggest Stadium

They even have the name already! Geez, Toronto can't have better areas to spent 5$ billion rather than that monster arena?

What for? To double their chances to win the Cup? 

Image result for toronto maple leaf fan waiting for the cup

They said that they already had $5 billion from a private investment.  I wonder how much a monster arena costs these days, and if they would be looking for any public funding?  Couple off the cuff thoughts:

• The Toronto Legacy Aces seems like a horrible name to me
  • I wonder about the politics of a new Toronto team while Quebec is still looking to get one
  • Wonder if they're looking to relocate a team (Panthers?) rather than an expansion team 
Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 1

I don’t see Bettman relocating a team into a tv market they already dominate.

Another team would surely add another western team (I don’t think any city wants 2 teams playing each other 7 times a season).  Nashville coming to the East?  

1 hour ago, Caniac514 said:

Just noticed - Islanders won 10 in row?!

And lost in OT tonight to the Evil Empire 

On 11/1/2019 at 9:46 AM, 2ndsacker said:

This will slow some next year when Seattle thins the talent pool out a little.