The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
sipower

San Jose Sharks v Carolina Hurricanes Friday October 26 - 7.30pm

5 minutes ago, Porter100 said:

I'll raise a glass in front of my TV.  Will be colder in my living room than in the arena as my heat is out and won't be fixed till Monday. Ha. But there's always the fireplace.

Gotta love this time of year!

I predict Ferly will go OFF on them tonight.  This kid has the "it" factor.  It's no secret he's a fave of mine. 

Lemme ask this:  He's on one year deal, right? And he's already publicly stated (in TV interview) that he wants to stay here. My question is couched on an assumption. Assuming he stays relatively healthy and puts up (something close to his current) numbers for the rest of the year, does the front office keep give him a deal? And what would that deal look like?

Anyone with a functioning looking glass today? :)

That is tricky.  he went from 25 points to 41 last year in Calgary.  He also went close to goalless in the last 40 games.  He be 27 come the off-season and looking for a long term deal.  This will be a big negotiation and it will depend on where he ends up this season 60-65 points is reasonable based on his current 82 point pace.  6 years at 6 per is a big gamble but if he gets to 65 points he'll be looking for a significant raise.  Would we be able to get him 5 million based on his lack of history.  Being that he is a big hitter, I dont believe we will want to go any longer than 6 years.  His body will break down faster.

I'd be comfortable with a 6 year 5.5 per deal.  if he gets to 60+ points.  If he stays in the 40-50 range, I wouldnt go much higher than 4.5 AAV. 

Same goes for Turbo but maybe go to a 7th year because he is 3 years younger (which would add about 500k AAV to the salary).  

1 minute ago, gocanes0506 said:

That is tricky.  he went from 25 points to 41 last year in Calgary.  He also went close to goalless in the last 40 games.  He be 27 come the off-season and looking for a long term deal.  This will be a big negotiation and it will depend on where he ends up this season 60-65 points is reasonable based on his current 82 point pace.  6 years at 6 per is a big gamble but if he gets to 65 points he'll be looking for a significant raise.  Would we be able to get him 5 million based on his lack of history.  Being that he is a big hitter, I dont believe we will want to go any longer than 6 years.  His body will break down faster.

I'd be comfortable with a 6 year 5.5 per deal.  if he gets to 60+ points.  If he stays in the 40-50 range, I wouldnt go much higher than 4.5 AAV. 

Same goes for Turbo but maybe go to a 7th year because he is 3 years younger (which would add about 500k AAV to the salary).  

I think he was injured last year too during the later half of th season.

I think it depends on when the contract is extended. I bet if you offered him a 4.5 4 yr deal right now he would take it. His price will rise if his offensive numbers keep rising into the season. The Canes need to resign him as he plays an all around game and is one guy who doesn't hesitate to hit when needed. I have the feeling he is a good locker room guy to have around as well.

20 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

I think it depends on when the contract is extended. I bet if you offered him a 4.5 4 yr deal right now he would take it. His price will rise if his offensive numbers keep rising into the season. The Canes need to resign him as he plays an all around game and is one guy who doesn't hesitate to hit when needed. I have the feeling he is a good locker room guy to have around as well.

4.5 for 4 is solid. Would be short enough for him to get another decently termed contract being 31 at the end but also short enough that it wont anchor the team if the scoring falls off.

42 minutes ago, sipower said:

Black is the color tonight!

Capture.thumb.GIF.a57025e9996f2281b7fb4e81727050fc.GIF

Thanks sipower.  Where is this posted?  (Not questioning, just filing away for future.)

Chuck gone, Larry Gone, Stormy gone and gotten a women. What's this world coming too?

I too miss the organ. Man I must be getting old.

36 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

Thanks sipower.  Where is this posted?  (Not questioning, just filing away for future.)

nhlcanes twitter says Fridays will be black Friday from now on.

13 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

nhlcanes twitter says Fridays will be black Friday from now on.

I don't know why they don't just go ahead and make black the primary.  Seems it's been the preference for both fans and players from day one of the old black, and it continues with the new.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

I don't know why they don't just go ahead and make black the primary.  Seems it's been the preference for both fans and players from day one of the old black, and it continues with the new.

Based on TD's comments from the jersey release he wants to minimize the amount of times we were white.  If he could, he would replace the Black with the white jersey

1 hour ago, wxray1 said:

Thats a really good question! I was surfing Canes stuff for tonight and posted it .. darned if I can find the source now .. .sorry!

It's under Schedule > third jersey schedule

On Fridays, We Wear Black

The Hurricanes will wear their new black third jerseys 15 times in the 2018-19 regular season, including on all 11 Friday home game dates and once on the road.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slapshot02 said:

It's a tough call but if I got a new one in would be the 2018 Ferland model.

Easy call for me. I've been following JWilly since Philly. Just got back from The Eye. Wooooooooooo!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

If the Canes score more goals than the Sharks then they will win.

Is this a trick question?

• Like 1

It is well known that the Sharks don't do well against skating teams.  We will see if that is still the case.  Esp with the Kane and Karllson addition.  Yikes this team is scary.