The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Canesfanforever

The Good The Bad and the Ugly

So to start things off  each group is going to be a list of players of who will be  assigned  to where they fit right now . 

The Good 

Aho 

Ferland 

Svechnikov 

Martinook 

Staal

Foegele

McGinn

Slavin 

de Haan

The bad 

Williams 

Teravainen

Pesce 

Mcelhinney

Fleury

TVR 

Faulk

The  Ugly 

Darling 

Mrazek

Wallmark

Roy 

Hamilton

Zykov

Edited by Canesfanforever

I expect this list to be updated twice a day please, after the morning skate and after the game.  And don't forget a justification column.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

Some boards have to have new topics approved with the objective of limiting the useless ones.

That would certainly cut down on some of this X-Files gibberish we see on here from time to time?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hag65 said:

I expect this list to be updated twice a day please, after the morning skate and after the game.  And don't forget a justification column.

Seriously! Very Comprehensive list.

The list wont change until a few games have been played .   It will be interesting who  stays  in where they are an who goes .       It's no secret  Canes fans  want whats best for their team  and I being one  am not going to sit back with rose covered glasses on thinking nothing is wrong .   With that being said  im also going to point out  what is going right  and  not be all negative all the time  .   I want nothing more than this team to find success but im going to be realistic  about my expectations .  So i thought a list like this   and other fans  sharing their input would be  needed  as a measuring stick from the fans point of view instead of the  "  p.r .  " crap we  usually see  from the organization itself .  

after the next 3 games the list  will be maybe changed .  

1 hour ago, bluedevilcane said:

What is the difference between the bad and the ugly?

Should  it not be obvious to you ?   Bad as in they are  not good  but not   worse than  some on the team .  and Ugly  as the worst on the team .  

I really hate to wade in here, but I'm bored as heck this morning. 

As colorful as the Clint Eastwood movie reference is, I think it might have been better to just grade guys.

Bad? TT is not scoring goals and looks off, but "bad"? He's on a 65 point pace and is plus 8. Pesce is a stay at home D man who is also +8. Fleury has played 2 games. TVR is playing his off side. Maybe not great, but not bad. Faulk is actually a plus player and doing a lot of good things. Probably the best he's played in a long time. 

Ugly is such an Ugly way to put it. Hamilton is coming on. He looked "bad" early, but is adjusting to a new team. I guess the lack of production from AHL stars Wallmark and Zykov is concerning enough to call it ugly, though they don't look ugly, just not good. Roy is a novice rookie with only 6 NHL games in his life. 

To be honest, while I like his work ethic, right now, my favorite, Foegele has slipped back and disappointed a bit. He's at the bottom of the team at -5, and not finishing. The last 10 games he has zero points and is -6. I still love the guy, but he has to adjust to the tightening league and hasn't done it yet.

Okay this is going to be tough .  

Good 

Aho 

Teravainen 

Svechnikov

Bishop

Slavin 

Ferland

Martinook

Staal 

Wallmark

Pesce 

TVR 

Foegele

bad 

de Haan

McGinn

Di Giuseppe

Hamilton

Fleury 

Darling

Mcelhinney

Williams 

Ugly 

Faulk

Zykov

On 11/5/2018 at 9:32 PM, Canesfanforever said:

Should  it not be obvious to you ?   Bad as in they are  not good  but not   worse than  some on the team .  and Ugly  as the worst on the team .  

Took me a week to respond, but no, it is not obvious to me, or I wouldn’t have asked.