The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Coaches are beginning to fall

1 hour ago, legend-1 said:

I mean maybe but speculation for quite a while is that Panarin wants to reunite with Quenneville. 

Columbus pretty much better win because their rosters about to implode in a massive way.

And they mortgaged their future on this season too...

1 hour ago, Bonivan said:

Not sure there will be a lot of stuff for his top model russian-speaking girlfriend to do in Raleigh.

She could always take up square dancing and NASCAR, or perhaps get educated at Duke, UNC or Wake Forest? Plenty to occupy herself with?

4 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

She could always take up square dancing and NASCAR, or perhaps get educated at Duke, UNC or Wake Forest? Plenty to occupy herself with?

Man, I’m a Duke fan, but the Canes play in Raleigh and you may have overlooked one school.

43 minutes ago, bluedevilcane said:

Man, I’m a Duke fan, but the Canes play in Raleigh and you may have overlooked one school.

Touche!! My apologies to ALL NC State fans? Would they have her though? She likely is too snooty?

23 minutes ago, Caniac514 said:

Any ideas where he could go?

San Jose or Detroit, cause Blashill will be fired after the season

• Like 1

Gallant just got fired in Vegas...Deboer is his replacement

This has to be one of the dumbest firings in league history!

NHL media, social media, hell ALL media is going OFF on Vegas for this.  This is twice in a row Gallant has been canned in a 💩 manner.

The pressure of so much young, fast talent, teams overcoming 3 and 4 goal deficits regularly, and the changing landscape of the league as a whole is making it easier and easier for tenured, experienced successful coaches to be given up on. ONLY to turn around and recycle some other from the same boat. This one, in certain GM circles, would appear to me, means no one is safe anymore.

Edited by 2ndsacker

11 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Gallant just got fired in Vegas...Deboer is his replacement

This has to be one of the dumbest firings in league history!

Did they leave him outside an opposing arena following a game and call a cab for him? Vegas was not lighting it up, but were right in the hunt for their division and/or wild card. Taking a first year expansion team to the SCF doesn’t buy you much loyalty!

Edited by bluedevilcane
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, realmdrakkar said:

Trotz beating them was the last straw.

Apparently Trotz wanted 5 years at $5M to stay with the Caps.  Caps didn't like the term.  It's a free market, and here we are.

Meanwhile, Brindy reportedly makes peanuts in comparison.

And one more year on Rod’s contract. Wonder what he thinks of the new scoreboard.

Reirden being fired was inevitable after 2 flameouts. Washington has an aging core group, and they need someone who can right the ship quickly. McClellen said he wanted an experienced coach. Babcock? Lavi? Gallant? Lots to choose from out there.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2020 at 5:09 PM, bluedevilcane said:

And one more year on Rod’s contract. Wonder what he thinks of the new scoreboard.

Reirden being fired was inevitable after 2 flameouts. Washington has an aging core group, and they need someone who can right the ship quickly. McClellen said he wanted an experienced coach. Babcock? Lavi? Gallant? Lots to choose from out there.

I thought Forslund walked on water around here, so I guess anyone can go, but best I can tell Rod is not only the coach, but a pretty big committee member. Even with the no one is safe consideration, I have to think he's as safe as anyone and should get an extension. If I had to bet on Rod vs the scoreboard, I'd have to give Rod some long consideration. Not only is this team on the rise under his leadership, but the guy is the face of the franchise. He won't be coach forever, since no one ever is, but his tenure has to have a good bit of run left here.