The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
pepcane

TOTAL disrespect

So, after watching the exciting win for the Canes over the Leafs I decided to flip over to the NHL Network to see how they would analyze the game during their highlight shows.  At the bottom of the screen in the "news crawl", they had the Canes' logo, and then proceeded to mention the injury to the Panther's Vincent Trocheck.  The FLORIDA Panthers!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping he'll be able to recover, etc.  BUT - give me a break!  

Yes, Carolina does have a team called the Panthers.  But not in the NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE.

Ok.  Rant over.  

IMG_20181121_234907538.jpg

1 hour ago, Kyrule said:

I found the ridiculous amount of time given to Babcock to decide whether or not to challenge the TVR goal disrespectful and annoying.

It's ok, just made him look like a bigger *edit* when the goal was confirmed

Kind of like Yahoo putting the Duke Blue Devils logo accidentally instead of the NJ logo for Sunday’s Devils-Canes game.  😂😂

Proofing work is a lost art.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hockeybaby said:

Not necessarily. I remember on 06 they had us as the Florida Panthers☹️

Yeah, and the Cup was "a fluke." (Never mind that it's a "fluke" the Leafs hadn't managed in the 39 years before--and haven't since.)

So speaking of disrespect, of course Brian Burke calling our post game, "absurdly amateurish, pee-wee garbage stuff".

Here's an article on the response:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/hurricanes-openly-trolling-detractors-050418196.html

Gotta admit that the W domino thing was clearly so over the top that it was a big, 'we could care less about your opinion on the matter' to BB.

And on the Canes social media site:

📂2018-19 NHL Season

📁 Opinions that matter to us

📁 Professional Hockey Media

⚠️ This folder is empty

7:18 PM - 23 Nov 2018

• Like 1

FoxCR chimed in too

I'm not a big fan of the over the top celebration, I like the hand clap but now I'm all in. A big Carolina, Bless Your Heart to Brian Burke and all the others
  • Like 6

On 11/22/2018 at 5:46 PM, surfzone365 said:

Kind of like Yahoo putting the Duke Blue Devils logo accidentally instead of the NJ logo for Sunday’s Devils-Canes game.  😂😂

Proofing work is a lost art.

It's Yahoo, so they really don't know how to do anything except gush over that K family, the UK royals, and NBA "drama."  Plus, Adam Lambert (who apparently got his journalism chops by writing for his middle school newsletter) is their NHL beat writer. I'm not surprised....🙄

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mdover95 said:

It's Yahoo, so they really don't know how to do anything except gush over that K family, the UK royals, and NBA "drama."  Plus, Adam Lambert (who apparently got his journalism chops by writing for his middle school newsletter) is their NHL beat writer. I'm not surprised....🙄

The way the Canes played last night, perhaps Duke could have done better 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 11/25/2018 at 4:57 PM, Canes06cup17 said:

The haters are wishing they thought of it themselves! If NY or some other team would have started it they would embrace it as fresh and fun. 

This is true because whoever breaks the seal and does it next will be labeled copycats.

• Like 1