The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
bluedevil58

What should the new celebration be named?

1 hour ago, bluedevil58 said:

After a win we do a celebration.   I'm thinking we call it "The Clap". 

Thoughts?

You could hardly wait to tell that one once you thought of it.

• Like 6

I don't see the skull clap as much different than raising the sticks, just a little more amped up. The crashing the boards is also fitting as celebratory. It is the domino, riding the broom, and other more contrived "celebrations" that I concede may be over the top.

I like the skol clap and the skate to one end. The problem with changing it up is the problem of one upping things. It was one thing to pick a different part of the stadium to skate to. Even the circle and going outward.  But things are getting fairly elaborate. Pretty soon we're going to have props and pantomime. When the whole team is pulling on a fake rope or stuck in a fake box, then I might have to join Brian Burke.

The more I think about it, the circle skol clap and all players heading out to all of the boards would be a pretty cool one to stay with. It's not a flat out copy of the European team that does it. It hits all boards and fans. I like it. Just do that one over and over. 

• Like 1

This seems to be a quite divisive topic. It has been noticed around the league and among the analysts. I'm hearing both encouragement and distaste equally.  There is this old saying: "act like you've been there..." 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Stealth-ch1 said:

I'll be honest, I don't care how elaborate they make the celebration because it means they won. Winning is good. Too many variations of celebrating is a good problem to have.

Damn skippy Stealth!

3 hours ago, bluedevil58 said:

I think the team puts more energy into celebration schemes than actually trying to win.

Boo hiss

I stayed for the celly versus the Sharks (kayaks... what a game!) so I must like it. And why not? Beats the heck out of the aforementioned contrivances under the former regime. They were just so... Alberta Sidewalk Water Salesman.

Edited by top-shelf-1

On 11/27/2018 at 4:07 PM, bluedevil58 said:

After a win we do a celebration.   I'm thinking we call it "The Clap". 

Thoughts?

"The Clap" has many bad connotations. Better rethink that one.

On 11/27/2018 at 6:54 PM, surfzone365 said:

This seems to be a quite divisive topic. It has been noticed around the league and among the analysts. I'm hearing both encouragement and distaste equally.  There is this old saying: "act like you've been there..." 

Unfortunately, for the vast majority of the Canes that would be an act!  :o

I'm a fan, but would like to see them match the celebration to the game.  The only one that seemed forced to me was after the "meh" NJ game.  I'd have been fine with just the Skol clap maybe followed by a stick salute for that one.  But for those wins that leave you feeling elated, I say bring it on!  With a caution to avoid trying to one-up each one (as Rem mentions above). 

52 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Unfortunately, for the vast majority of the Canes that would be an act!  :o

I'm a fan, but would like to see them match the celebration to the game.  The only one that seemed forced to me was after the "meh" NJ game.  I'd have been fine with just the Skol clap maybe followed by a stick salute for that one.  But for those wins that leave you feeling elated, I say bring it on!  With a caution to avoid trying to one-up each one (as Rem mentions above). 

Or the fans can rush the ice and knock the goal posts down similar to a major college football upset 😉