The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Autograph Hunting

Is there any advise from our board members who seek autographs on the best way to go about it. Player privacy is always a concern but signing autographs is a part of the fan experience.

Does anyone on the board get opposing team player autographs and what is the best way to do this?

I've collected autographs for over 30 years. 

The best way to get visitor autographs is the hotel their staying at. 

Some players will sign as they walk to and from the shuttle bus going to the arena before the game or the morning warm-ups.

Hotels typically do not allow you to go after players in the lobby, so that is a big no-no.

Are you looking for someone specific?

Hope this helps.

Edited by hopper915

9 minutes ago, hopper915 said:

I've collected autographs for over 30 years. 

The best way to get visitor autographs is the hotel their staying at. 

Some players will sign as they walk to and from the shuttle bus going to the arena before the game or the morning warm-ups.

Hotels typically do not allow you to go after players in the lobby, so that is a big no-no.

Are you looking for someone specific?

Hope this helps.

Thanks hopper, I sent a message to the member looking for advise. I'm sure he will post a reply

On 12/7/2018 at 7:12 PM, OBXer said:

Thanks hopper, I sent a message to the member looking for advise. I'm sure he will post a reply

Go to the North side of the stadium, I believe it's the North side, after the game, and walk down to the parking lot where the security gate is. Players will drive out and if they want to sign, they'll sign there. You'll know you're in the right place if there's about 20 fans right there with you on a little island

On 12/9/2018 at 9:54 PM, BoDarville said:

Go to the North side of the stadium, I believe it's the North side, after the game, and walk down to the parking lot where the security gate is. Players will drive out and if they want to sign, they'll sign there. You'll know you're in the right place if there's about 20 fans right there with you on a little island

For Canes players, yes. Not for visiting team players.