The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
coastal_caniac

GDT: The Sinking Ship Takes on More Water; Fri Dec 14 @ 7:30 pm

image.png.e2fd413a7b0838f8b988f4a4af4526e0.png      @       image.png.0b6f2562ee17c66f34d82d2ed1c93048.png           

What could go wrong - let's see?

• Our goalie could suck
  • Our special teams could suck
  • We might only score the puck once
  • We might score lots of pucks, but the defense is porous

Let's face it,

1531168326_sinkingship.gif.0e9fba51a65d7b0632ce520e3aa4c6de.gif

Here we are again, supporting our beloved Canes, who are trying to stay afloat but in reality we seem to be watching another season just slip away.  It's hard, real hard.  But we come back for more, every time.  More water please.

I'll be there, mainly to watch more of this guy do this.  Free Svech Rod - the entire free world is waiting.

I'm trying to be optimistic, but I need your help.  Well, at least on the surface it appears we won't be seeing Scott Darling in net, that's a start. 

From the Checkers, looks like Ned could get the start tonight.

Vellucci on switching goaltenders after the second period
I had gotten a call from Carolina that (Nedeljkovic) is possibly playing tomorrow night and they didn’t want him to play back-to-backs, so we pulled him.

Whoever is starting in net.

Edited by coastal_caniac
  • Like 3

You sum it up beautifully, coastal. I proudly support the troops. Let them do what they do best. 

It's the commander-in-chief and his generals who deserve some time in the brig.

44 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

I'm trying to be optimistic, but I need some help

We are still only 2 pts out of 3rd. We scored 4 goals and that should win a fair share of games.

That's all I got. I need help to find anything else to hold on to

My 2 cents worth of gripe says I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE...🤯  the same issues over and over with never a resolve by players, coaches, owners........ Most game nights going to bed mad, shouting im not watching this crap anymore, only to come back next game with more booze and false hopes.... bah humbug to the whole mess, wheres the tylenol 

• Like 2

We have this game as one in our plan.  Mrs. wxray and I have ripped out our hearts and left them home so we can stoically watch whatever happens.

Since I can't watch TV, can someone do me a favor?  Please take a few shots every time Tripp mentions something about "customs" and being a "late night" when the excuses start.  Thank you.

16 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

If Mongo is in net, I won’t watch...

Nedl was pulled after 2 periods last night in Charlotte because he was 'possibly playing' tonight for the Canes.  Haven't seen anything about a callup yet, though, even on the Checkers site (which tends to get these scoops a couple hours before the Hurricanes site).  So who knows...

39 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

If Mongo is in net, I won’t watch...

If Mongo is in net I wouldn't miss it for the world 😁

I'll bite my lip(or chew plum through it) and stay positive with ya. The frustration is overwhelming seemingly, but there are a few more than dim reasons after sleeping on madness. Svech is the most promising one, and the very sporadic fact that we can score with this group if they'd all just bear down and keep making the individual attacks at the net(like all our recent scoring has been). Not much in the way of O teamwork. Last night was pretty much a defensive letdown that have been few and far between, unlike the last 9 years. Not a lot to hang a hat on, but until we reach a point where a simple 3 game run doesn't answer the continued mediocrity in the metro, I'll stay on board. 

Putting Ned in would be something. I'm as down on Darling as anyone, but what a kick to the cods for him. "You will only play for us again if it's between you and Alvarez, and he can't go."

One never knows what to expect in the NHL, but the back end of a back to back, three in 4 nights vs. the Caps would be a tough one to throw Ned into. Dead legs probably. Then again, maybe the D will have been shamed into a good game after last night.

I guess we're seeing Darling unless something super secretive happened on callups. 

The amount of middle fingers the team would be giving Darling would require his immediate moving so maybe calmer heads prevailed or Mrazek just goes again.

2 hours ago, OBXer said:

If Mongo is in net I wouldn't miss it for the world 😁

Nah, I’ve seen this disaster movie one too many times....

3 minutes ago, hockeybaby said:

Canes will win this game

It would be the Cane way to win the next 2 decidedly, only to crap the bed for the next one when a win would put them alone in 3rd.  You very well may be right.

So much negativity... but I understand. It is deserved toward an underwhelming product. You go to a nice 5 star steakhouse and you get served a rotten **** sandwich on an ashtray. 

With that said , please muster up some pride and beat the Caps.