The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
2ndsacker

IT'S NOT THAT.....

It's not that we can't play defense. It's that we can't play defense with a lead.

It's not that we can't score, it's that we can't score when we're playing defense.

It's not that we can't get decent goaltending. It's that we can't get decent goaltending when we're not playing stellar defense.

It's not that we can't play stellar defense. It's that we can't play stellar defense when we're scoring.

It's not that we can't play fast. It's that we can't play fast when the other team does too. 

It's not that we can't grind. It's that we can't grind when we're playing fast.

It's not that we can't score on the PP. It's that we can't score on the PP when it will be the deciding factor.

It's not that we can't kill penalties. It's that we continually commit stupid penalties of laziness, and HAVE to kill penalties.

It's not that we can't make great passes. It's that we can't make great passes when a defender's skates are on a defender's feet.

It's not that there are things we can't do. It's that we can never do two at the same time in 60 minute increments.

It's not that there is no excitement to this hockey. It's that it's impossible to be excited knowing what the next 20 minutes holds.

THE VICIOUS CIRCLE OF MEDIOCRITY.

• Like 2

We're a soft, delicate team with some good players but not enough skill and consistency to hang with the big boys on a nightly basis. I'm still in a daze how last night's game was coached at the end, and the lapses we see with this team.  There is too much going on here that is not right, and I'm not one to :deadhorse:

• Like 1

I'm not sure that this is really the basis for it's own thread. If so it would become the complaint thread. For now I'm locking it. 2nd sacker if you want to post this in one of the other threads, that would be fine. If you want to PM me with what types of future posts would fit in this thread, we can reconsider. 

People should still be able to read it though.