The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Boston Bruins vs. Hartford Whalers...23 Dec 18

So if we lose does this go on Hartford's record? 0-1 for 2018? 

Hey I'm tired, I just spent 10 hours listening to the Brass Bonanza. 

• Like 3

It should be kinda cool to see the Whale on the ice again. I have mixed emotions but I will go with the flow.

• Like 1

I liked the idea when it was announced.  Feeling less enthusiastic about it now, but that's more due to the state of the Canes season than the idea itself. It would be interesting to see if the same negativity would be there if we were sitting at 43 points instead of 33 points. :huh:

49 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

It would be interesting to see if the same negativity would be there if we were sitting at 43 points instead of 33 points. :huh:

Not from me. They could wear the other team's actual home jersey if they had 43 points for all I care. Oh to dream. 

I know I'm getting a bit dark, but really it might be fitting if the season suffered it's final knell during TD's gimmick game. 

That said, hopefully we somehow defy the odds and send the Whalers off 1-0.

Going to visit friends and sing carols.  No way will I feed this beast which is nothing more than a licensing money grab.  Embarrassing.

• Like 1

How nice it will be for the players to get a mental break from being the Hurricanes. For one night only they get to play make-believe that they're a team that doesn't s**k. I think we could see a more fun and relaxed performance from them. Or, you know, they could show up like a bunch of beached whales. I'd say it's about 50/50 odds. 70/30 odds if Darling is in net.

All jokes aside, though, I kinda like it. Sure, it's gimmicky, no doubt about that, but so are wearing alternate jerseys and wearing home jerseys on the road. As others have stated, it would matter less if the team were actually winning, but being as the Whalers were before my time as a hockey fan, it's kinda cool to see that history.

And wouldn't it be so cool to beat Boston with the Hartford getup? I just hate that franchise, nay -- entire city and inhabitants -- so much.

• Like 1

Since i followed the Whale since 1979,i like this idea, i would LOVE a win.. Brass Bonanza playing in background.

• Like 1

I was initially ambivalent.  Being from Chicago, I don't care.  What has me hot about it now is it clearly isn't so much about the fans but more about enhancing revenue in a way that doesn't require paying for team or management talent.

Edited by wxray1