The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Boston Bruins vs. Hartford Whalers...23 Dec 18

I started following the Whalers when the Icecaps had an affiliation with them for a season.  From that time until they moved, i only remember them being on national television once, so it'll actually be kind of neat to watch this.  For about 5 minutes, after which it'll depend on how they play.  The jury's still out on that one.

35 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

Good morning ☀️.  How is everyone feeling today 😁?? It’s Whalers day!!

A little bloated 🐳

Well, I had some well crafted and well thought things to say on this and the current state of affairs, but as I composed it all turned out to be just BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. So forget the jerseys and fake hoopla and simply muster up a little personal and group pride and play hard with a couple results, so that the home team fans in yellow and black don't monopolize the loudest roars of the season on disallowed goals.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OBXer said:

I'm going to try and have fun with it. What else have we got.

1 hour ago, remkin said:

It is supposed to be a very good draft. 

Svech is looking like the real thing?

Fox is looking like he may be another winning raffle ticket similar to Aho, Slavin, and Pesce?

:huh:

Edited by LakeLivin

19 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

I liked the idea when it was announced.  Feeling less enthusiastic about it now, but that's more due to the state of the Canes season than the idea itself. It would be interesting to see if the same negativity would be there if we were sitting at 43 points instead of 33 points. :huh:

Probably not, winning brings happiness. Hell they could go out in clown suits if they were leading the division.

• Like 1

I'm still interested in seeing the sweaters on the ice for nostalgia's sake, but i have to say i don't think i like the takeover of the website with green & blue and the Hartford logo.

27 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

Im interested in what the Hartford faithful feel bout this game. 

My AF buddy who still gives me grief and sends me various links to iterations of the Brass Bonanza is ****** about this...

5 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

My AF buddy who still gives me grief and sends me various links to iterations of the Brass Bonanza is ****** about this...

He's pumped about it?  Awesome for him!

33 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

Im interested in what the Hartford faithful feel bout this game. 

This is about as close as it will get for the Hartford Whalers to ever play another NHL game.

For me it's just meh and doesn't mean anything. I might change my mind a little if we beat Boston's *edit* but considering how much we suck lately and the Whale's record against the Bruins, I highly doubt it.

6 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

He's pumped about it?  Awesome for him!

No...since the automatic censoring software is working...he's "urinated" about it...

Now, let's watch some Boston entertainment, shall we (cause this'll be better than what we're about to watch on the ice):

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

All the Pens fans last night should’ve clued us all in 

This. Also while I was living in Montana there was a huge Boston fanbase so it’s no surprise they have a wide following. 

Edited by Beaufort12plus