The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
coffeedawgs

New Downtown Arena??

this will show how GREAT gordie howe was at 50 years old with the whalers he had 34 goals /62 assets 96 pts at 50 years old

16 minutes ago, ja1964 said:

I would love to see  the canes/whalers start wearing there whalers greens more , that last game to  see them wear that whalers green brought so much great/ fun  times back 

Not for me. My team only wears red and black. TD is just using the Whaler gear to gin up fan interest in the absence of a competitive team. I understand there is a lot of nostalgia for the Whaler uniforms. From what I read, people in Hartford were divided between being happy to see the uniforms again, and being ticked that we “stole” something that belonged to them. 

As for Charlotte, the Canes will never be there. If they leave Raleigh, they will leave N.C. Make the playoffs 2 years in a row, and the team will do just fine here. 

• Like 1

I see my ranking with from a draft pick to a prospect I will try to keep my warning down this time so I don,t get kick off the boards 

3 hours ago, bluedevilcane said:

Not for me. My team only wears red and black. TD is just using the Whaler gear to gin up fan interest in the absence of a competitive team. I understand there is a lot of nostalgia for the Whaler uniforms. From what I read, people in Hartford were divided between being happy to see the uniforms again, and being ticked that we “stole” something that belonged to them. 

As for Charlotte, the Canes will never be there. If they leave Raleigh, they will leave N.C. Make the playoffs 2 years in a row, and the team will do just fine here. 

I,m just trying to bring back good old times 

33 minutes ago, ja1964 said:

I see my ranking with from a draft pick to a prospect I will try to keep my warning down this time so I don,t get kick off the boards 

You’ll be an all-star soon. I think you make full member at 1,000. Jump in on the game day threads and you can rack ‘em up fast. And it’s fun. 

23 hours ago, BoDarville said:

Not as well as you think you do. 

When and why did this become a p*ssing match? I stated something I read online and you seem to think I'm making it up. When did you become all knowing and all seeing? Get real with yourself, you are not the arbiter of what people say or post. 

49 minutes ago, winger52 said:

When and why did this become a p*ssing match? I stated something I read online and you seem to think I'm making it up. When did you become all knowing and all seeing? Get real with yourself, you are not the arbiter of what people say or post. 

Clearly I’m not. Care to share this Facebook status, I mean story, about the Hornets?

On 1/9/2019 at 10:00 PM, BoDarville said:

Clearly I’m not. Care to share this Facebook status, I mean story, about the Hornets?

I think it was just after American Thanksgivig, there was an article on Yahoo Sports with a link to Arena improvements, with most about Key and what was happening there . One or two lines mentioning other arenas and their improvements with a blurb about Charlotte might be looking for a new venue for Hornets. 

1 hour ago, winger52 said:

I think it was just after American Thanksgivig, there was an article on Yahoo Sports with a link to Arena improvements, with most about Key and what was happening there . One or two lines mentioning other arenas and their improvements with a blurb about Charlotte might be looking for a new venue for Hornets. 

I looked it up. Nothing about Charlotte looking for a new venue for an arena already in the best place, with hundreds of millions of dollars in recent upgrades to be made perfect for the ASG. You just misread it. 

While agree on surface downtown doesn't make sense- The new dorothea dix land/plans would have more then ample space/parking and if doing a light rail as expected transportation

https://dixpark.org/master-planning

On 1/9/2019 at 7:20 PM, bluedevilcane said:

I hated the idea from the start. I have mentioned in the past how wrong it is that the NHL let's EA put fans in Whaler gear in the stands on in the games. That being said once it happened and the game against the Bruins started I kind of like it. I would want them to do it more then 2 times a year but it was pretty cool.

I dont think it will lead to a downtown arena but, the arena lease has gone back up for negotiations.  I assume TD smelled blood in the water with a new State AD.

TD wants more control of the schedule and less State blocking of weekends they dont use.  

The lease isnt up for another 5 years.

TD wants to be more financially beneficial for him.  Which I dont blame him since he is the one ponying money for the projectors and locker room from his own pocket.

CC article about it

Edited by gocanes0506