The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
AWACSooner

GDT: Canes @ Debbils...29 Dec...1300 EST

15 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

I got nuthin...but watching this game should be a good warmup of expectation management for when my Sooners get throttled by the Evil Empire of college football tonight...not that I’ll watch that game.

You should have watched if you did not. Total tip of this Bammer's cap to Kyler Murray and the Sooners for not giving up. Murray is one of the best athletes I have seen this side of Hershel Walker.

18 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

The ONE road victory I've seen in 13 tries, I was so shocked, I didn't know what to do...so I just quietly exited the arena...besides, it was LA, and I didn't want to get shot

Lol, sneak out with a smile.

18 hours ago, wscaniac said:

And the moral here is, NEVER stop taking your meds! 😄🤪

Including Marley.Why get all excited when you know you cant finish.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

The ONE road victory I've seen in 13 tries, I was so shocked, I didn't know what to do...so I just quietly exited the arena...besides, it was LA, and I didn't want to get shot

Sooner or later the odds have to change...dont they?

18 hours ago, wscaniac said:

Do you think that when opposing players look at the schedule and see an upcoming game with us, they think "Great!  I could use a night-off."

Yep,they call it improve your personal stats night.

16 hours ago, remkin said:

Welp that was the final nail IMO. Sure it was probably over before this, but that was the last chance to initiate a move up the standings for this year. We are 9 points out that the moment, and adjusted 8 out of the WC, so it's not quite the 10 that seals the doom yet, but this game told us all we needed to see. Shut out on 37 shots vs a subpar opponent with it's back up in there in a game we knew we needed. 

This team generates no sustainable offense. And that includes the powerplay. We are overmatched in our O zone, and not really fast enough to generate off the rush. And for the most part when we do create a prime chance, well we also lack finish. And this game showed a team that is supremely challenged to score even vs another team WHOSE MAIN ISSUE IS BAD TEAM DEFENSE. 

To come back from even 8-9 points back at this point in the year requires a Herculean winning streak. There is nothing in this team that suggests that is even remotely possible, and this game is a microcosm of why.

All shots from just inside the blue line with no net front presence except one that was waved off. Goalies love playing against us.

5 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

Yep,they call it improve your personal stats night.

We know for absolute certain that back up goalies circle Canes games and beg the coach to follow the trend.

1 minute ago, slapshot02 said:

All shots from just inside the blue line with no net front presence except one that was waved off. Goalies love playing against us.

The timing of your post exactly while I was typing the one above is fairly amazing.

45 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

Sooner or later the odds have to change...dont they?

I will let you know in three weeks after the western Canadian road trip

10 hours ago, RickD_99 said:

You should have watched if you did not. Total tip of this Bammer's cap to Kyler Murray and the Sooners for not giving up. Murray is one of the best athletes I have seen this side of Hershel Walker.

My blood pressure stays lower when I don’t watch OU...getting worked up over a football game is NOT how I want to die