The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
AWACSooner

Closing out 2018 with a whimper...GDT: Flyers @ Canes

Image result for rod brind'amour flyers vs Image result for rod brind'amour

31 Dec 2018, 6 pm...PNC Arena

Let's just get this over with so we can get to drinking* and forget about what a dumpster fire this season has been...shall we?

* Please drink responsibly...no more than 30 drinks by the third period (40 if we're losing badly).

Edited by AWACSooner
  • Like 4

Thanks for doing this AWACS, just so unsure how I feel about this or remainder of season? Guess these emotions feed off our leaders, who obviously don't give a hoot or we'd have made a trade by now? I'll be there tonight because I'm a masochist, anyone else?

1 minute ago, KJUNKANE said:

Thanks for doing this AWACS, just so unsure how I feel about this or remainder of season? Guess these emotions feed off our leaders, who obviously don't give a hoot or we'd have made a trade by now? I'll be there tonight because I'm a masochist, anyone else?

Meh...I'm resigned to no playoffs...so I'm just watching cause I can't look away from this impending train wreck.

I've learned to find a sort of weird place where I still want a win, but start knowing a loss is better. But I'm not liking being there this soon. So I still hold out for some kind of unexpected, unreasonable, out of  nowhere, winning streak. Why? Because even most bad teams have them at some point. We tend to have them as soon as we're out of it.

Oooh boy, an exciting game with two teams with identical records.  Yeah!  Carolina currently "wins" due to a better ROW.

For all attending, please be safe.  This day involves a lot of drinking.  In my experience, Flyers games seem to be above average for drinking, especially on a weekend or holiday.  The only time I saw a true, bare fist fight between fans was on a game against the Flyers.  I don't go anymore because of that.  It was really ugly, as in police needed to be called.

The teams are evenly matched. both teams 15-17-5,  35 points, T6 Metro, T13 east, dismal PP, both coming off a loss. Somebody has to win.

images 1.jpg

From Chip Alexander:

Flyers are last on the power play and 29th in penalty killing. That should have the Canes’ attention.

Just now, remkin said:

I've learned to find a sort of weird place where I still want a win, but start knowing a loss is better. But I'm not liking being there this soon. So I still hold out for some kind of unexpected, unreasonable, out of  nowhere, winning streak. Why? Because even most bad teams have them at some point. We tend to have them as soon as we're out of it.

That pretty much sums up where I'm at.  Really want them to win each game even if I know it's probably not in our best long term interests at this point.

My big question is what's the quality of the next 2 or 3 kids after Hughes? I'm not counting on winning the Hughes lottery (what, less than 20% chance even for the last place team?), but if there's kids like Svech and Marner available behind Hughes . . .

24 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

That pretty much sums up where I'm at.  Really want them to win each game even if I know it's probably not in our best long term interests at this point.

My big question is what's the quality of the next 2 or 3 kids after Hughes? I'm not counting on winning the Hughes lottery (what, less than 20% chance even for the last place team?), but if there's kids like Svech and Marner available behind Hughes . . .

Kakko and Dach are both pretty solid. 

3 hours ago, OBXer said:

The teams are evenly matched. both teams 15-17-5,  35 points, T6 Metro, T13 east, dismal PP, both coming off a loss. Somebody has to win.

images 1.jpg

The game will probably go to a shootout.

I may or may not mess with it tonight.  Depends on what's up against it on the tube.  Hate to say it but i don't give a crap at this point.  Outside of about 5 guys, edit this team.

• Like 1

Can someone come up with a John & Tripp drinking game...and post the rules on here before puck drop?  Might make it worth watching...

4 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

From Chip Alexander:

Flyers are last on the power play and 29th in penalty killing. That should have the Canes’ attention.

That just means we will go 0 for 7 on the PP and give up a PP goal, losing 1-0.

Just now, hopper915 said:

That just means we will go 0 for 7 on the PP and give up a PP goal, losing 1-0.

Nah...it'll be another shortie

28 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Can someone come up with a John & Tripp drinking game...and post the rules on here before puck drop?  Might make it worth watching...

When you hear, Good Evening I'm John Forslund along with Tripp Tracy.  Crack the can, pop the cork, open the bottle it's drinking GAME ON!

• Like 1

OK here's a real one:

Every time Forslund says, "shot looking for a tip, none available". or "pass out front, no one home" you drink. Should be pretty well plastered by the end of the first period.

• Like 2

Or for every shot on goal, it's a shot...we'll be black-out gone in 6 minutes, and won't have to sit through the rest of the *edit* fest

McE own the crease tonight

projected lineup for the Hurricanes.

Forwards

McGinn-Aho-Teravainen
Kuokkanen-Bishop-Williams
Svechnikov-Rask-Ferland
Foegele-Wallmark-Martinook

Defense

Slavin-Pesce
de Haan-Faulk
van Riemsdyk-Hamilton

Goalies