Sign in to follow this  
AWACSooner

Closing out 2018 with a whimper...GDT: Flyers @ Canes

6 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Brock is hurt, gents

I missed it. What happened

Just now, OBXer said:

I missed it. What happened

Look like he got dinged when Aho got checked into him...he's back now.

• Like 1

Well, solid W...but against a crappy team...who'll be angry in three day's time in their own arena...

Chased a goalie, Had the lead going onto the third, got a little feisty at the end and won. Good enough

• Like 2

Glad i decided to watch, though i'll admit i was giving them a very short leash.  McE rocks, no doubt.  If the offense could manage 3 goals a night, they'd win a boatload of games because both of the goaltenders are doing their part to keep them in every game.  Still love what Martinook brings to the team.  Solid win.

• Like 3

Didn’t get to see much as I was

dining in a nice little Italian cafe enjoying my tortellini. Like the terrible guest I am, my phone was on the table with the box score in full view. I won’t have indigestion from this effort. Happy New Year’s all!!

• Like 2

Well I'm two fer so far this season. Best part was the eviction of the obnoxious Philly fans with about 10 to go. Evidently they don't travel well.

Happy New Year everyone.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!

Just got done watching this one on DVR. Glad to see goals coming from some of the not so usual suspects. Like many on here I am kind of numb with feelings for this team and have a hard time cheering them on. I know this sounds a bit corny, but the team hasn't seemed to play with any joy for the last month and half or so. It seems like sometime in November the team stopped enjoying playing hockey and just started showing up for work. I will be interested to see if they come out with a little more passion on Thursday.

Edited by DevildogKodi

Just back from game and loved the win. Must say it was like going to the dentist as I set out, but what do you know? Sure wish we could get Jordan back for a little shift in puck drop wins.

• Like 1

Just watched the recap. They chewed poor Hart's glove side up last night. Looked like Mongo out there. Poor guy. 

Ah the upward ascent to the mushy middle begins! Go Canes!

Nice home win vs a team that is even worse at being us than us. Not much to make me think we're good enough for the kind of run we'd need, but some pieces that we should look at keeping.

McE. I know he's going to be long in the tooth, but .924 save %? He's positionally excellent, and well he almost never lets in a softie. I think we have to make him at least one half of the tandem next year. Personally I try to upgrade on Mrazek. It's been a short window for us, but he had a good year last year too. In this window he's been one of the best we've had.

Martinook. He may need a raise, but this is that gritty winger who can put some pucks in the net. He's not a playmaker as his 3 assists attest to, but he he's physical, he's pure character, he is solid, and he can beat the occasional NHL goalie, which has been a problem around here. On a really good team he'd be a top 4th liner that can bump up.

I was also thinking (along with BluedevilCane) that we needed to get Ferland back on the top line. And that Ferland is another guy we need to keep around. He's still not fully back from his concussion, but he's the kind of guy we need to supplement the higher end talent we hope to one day get through trade or UFA or lottery win. 

Nice win. Nothing more nothing less, but nice win none-the-less. Shows what finish and goaltending can do. And at least one PP didn't look awful. OK vs about the worst PK in the league, but take it.

2 hours ago, sleekfeeder said:

Just watched the recap. They chewed poor Hart's glove side up last night. Looked like Mongo out there. Poor guy. 

Ah the upward ascent to the mushy middle begins! Go Canes!

More like Ward, that man got beat like a rented mule on the glove side. 

I'll reiterate, Happy New Year to all!! Friend of mine who called the win last pm, now says w'll lose the next 2? Clairvoyant, I hope not?

rem, on Ferland, I just wonder with his rugged style and concussion history, whether he an ever be counted on to be that guy you project? I hope so, but don't know specifics on his injuries? 

45 minutes ago, remkin said:

Nice home win vs a team that is even worse at being us than us. Not much to make me think we're good enough for the kind of run we'd need, but some pieces that we should look at keeping.

McE. I know he's going to be long in the tooth, but .924 save %? He's positionally excellent, and well he almost never lets in a softie. I think we have to make him at least one half of the tandem next year. Personally I try to upgrade on Mrazek. It's been a short window for us, but he had a good year last year too. In this window he's been one of the best we've had.

Martinook. He may need a raise, but this is that gritty winger who can put some pucks in the net. He's not a playmaker as his 3 assists attest to, but he he's physical, he's pure character, he is solid, and he can beat the occasional NHL goalie, which has been a problem around here. On a really good team he'd be a top 4th liner that can bump up.

I was also thinking (along with BluedevilCane) that we needed to get Ferland back on the top line. And that Ferland is another guy we need to keep around. He's still not fully back from his concussion, but he's the kind of guy we need to supplement the higher end talent we hope to one day get through trade or UFA or lottery win. 

Nice win. Nothing more nothing less, but nice win none-the-less. Shows what finish and goaltending can do. And at least one PP didn't look awful. OK vs about the worst PK in the league, but take it.

GM Realm is already talking to Ownerman about opening the checkbook to re-sign Aho, TT, Ferland, Martinook, and, yes, both McElhinney and Mrazek (i'd rather have too much than not enough and it's darned nice having one or the other to slide in when injuries happen) as part of his core for next season, looking to move the unruly contracts of Hamilton, Faulk, Darling, and either Staal or Rask to offset, and then going hard (with a Marley pill if it's what it takes) after about a half-dozen free agents over the summer.

• Like 3